Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

gift idea

MissU28

i'm doing this "secret bunny" thing at work...(like secret santa but spring themed) and all week we've been giving small things...but tomorrow is the "big" gift (under $25). I have a female, but I thought I'd ask opinions on something to get her bc she's not really into the same things I am.

Here are a few tidbits about her:

5th grade teacher

she's 27

she's married

her choice of music is classical and old jazz

on the weekends she likes to go on bike rides, cook, and watch discovery channel documentaries (or maybe it was history channel?)

not really into sports except things like hiking

she likes chocolate

anybody with similar interests have any suggestions? I'm the type of person who likes to get people the "perfect" gift, not just generic stuff.

Im a History/Discovery Channel addict. There is a Discovery Channel Store @ Fair Oaks, Tysons and Dulles malls. Go in there and pick out a DVD or 2.

Is she a coffee drinker? Ive found giving gourmet coffee is always a hit in my office. Starbucks is like catnip for some people.

Thats all I got, im dont know much about teachers, married people, or classical music.

Im a History/Discovery Channel addict. There is a Discovery Channel Store @ Fair Oaks, Tysons and Dulles malls. Go in there and pick out a DVD or 2.

Is she a coffee drinker? Ive found giving gourmet coffee is always a hit in my office. Starbucks is like catnip for some people.

Thats all I got, im dont know much about teachers, married people, or classical music.

i just don't want to get her something she already has...and I was at the National Geographic museum in DC and they had some great dvds that would go really well with our unit of study...but they were 25 bucks per dvd.... don't know if it's worth it to do that. Maybe I'll burn her a jazz cd and check out the Discovery Channel store after batting practice tonight.

Any discovery channel episodes that are really excellent?

Earplugs, tylenol, a bottle of Jack, okay I'm kidding.

Gift cards fit into the generic theme Huly. I rarely try to give gift cards. However I had to recently (Xmas) because I was buying show tickets for the inlaws, but couldnt ask their schedule without giving a hint. So I got them a ticketmaster gift card.

I gotta think about this one. I really have no good ideas right now.

maybe a gift card to the discovery store? now that i think about it, i really think she likes the history channel, not discovery channel

History Channel DVDs can be ordered from HistoryChannel.com, but it takes awhile to get delivered. I guess it just depends on how long you have until you need the gift. Discovery Channel has a lot of History-ish programming.

Ok, im going to admit to being a nerd for a minute. Here are some of the really good ones that i have.

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-53886.html (my favorite)

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-56222.html

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-11693.html

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=81977&browseCategoryId=&location=&parentcatid=&subcatid=

If you want to go this route, you need to find out what kind of History Channel stuff she likes. WWII, Modern Marvels, ancient history? Everyone likes different stuff. You could easily bring it up in conversation. My favorite shows right now are the Declassified series.

/nerdage and screw you guys for judging me. :)

still.....not....following

In the movie Bull Durham they have a conference on the pitching mound. Instead of talking baseball they all discuss the personal problems they are having (Robert Wuhl plays the Asst. coach). One of the problems they have is that nobody knows what to get one of the players as a wedding gift. Wuhl reels off a list of advice - the last two lines are a classic movie quote:

"Candle sticks always make a nice gift...

Let's turn two."

In the movie Bull Durham they have a conference on the pitching mound. Instead of talking baseball they all discuss the personal problems they are having (Robert Wuhl plays the Asst. coach). One of the problems they have is that nobody knows what to get one of the players as a wedding gift. Wuhl reels off a list of advice - the last two lines are a classic movie quote:

"Candle sticks always make a nice gift...

Let's turn two."

ah

MissU. I am a recovering Starbucks drinker. There are many organic or "fair trade coffees out there that are BETTER then Starbucks, as in they don't taste burnt.\

With regards to old jazz? not much of a jazz guy, but Bob Jame Obsession is one of my favs, and anything from David Sanborn. Spyro Gyra and Chic Corea are also excellent.

On a personal note. Miss ya :kiss:

Archived