Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steelers Skins Debate

Skin Steelers Fan

Hmm,

wow; there is so much that I find annoying about you, so much that it is making me frustrated, I don't even begin to plan to articulate it, it should be obvious to most, I think I'm going to log off before I burn out with frustration.

This thread is bull****. Why you ask this when you know the Steelers have a better team til someone knocks them off. Do you go around to 31 boards and **** with teams fans b/c the Steelers won the super bowl?

This thread is a dumbass thread just to trying to piss Skins fans off. Well at least the Skins took your 2nd best wr and best returner. Go jerk off:jerk: on the Steeler boards instead of starting ****.

**** the Steelers and **** you !!!!!!:steelersu

this is simple, the Steelers SuperBowl run was largely based on the single elimination playofs, combined with the favorites having a bad game. I will not take away the fact the Steelers had a decent team. That's all though, they were not great, and if you saw a few of their games like i did, you'd agree. sure, they won the SuperBowl, but it isn't hard to do when your competition crumbles like a wet napkin.

outside of pittsburgh, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who believed that the Steelers were the best team in the league, because they weren't. They were just the best team when it mattered most, nothing more.

Certain players stepped up and maintained the refuse to lose attitude, and it carried them through. great teams maintain their ways though, which i feel they won't.

Strange thread...

Respect the Steelers for winning the big one! If we do it next year and ppl post thread on "are whoever's team better than the Skins?" we'd be well annoyed! You win the Superbowl... you are number 1 in the world... period.

So... go skins!!! I wanna win another asap.

Dude...this is like your tenth Steelers/Skins thread. We get it...you like the Steelers and the Skins. Now stop spamming the board, and try to contribute something meaningful. You don't need to keep adding the same thread over and over and over and over again. :doh:

There is no point in debating this. It's dumb really.. Last year Steelers were good enough to make it to the Super Bowl.. I don't say win the Super Bowl because everyone knows they had help. Regardless I do believe the Steelers were a better team "last year"..

This year both teams have questions that will be answered. We've gained some players and we need to see how those players fit into our system. No one can say one team is better then the other right now. However if we're judging potential I have to say the Redskins are leading the race. That doesn't say much because the Redskins have had potential before. We'll see what happens in a few short months.

Only 1 penalty from the superbowl was wrong. Which was the low block by Hasselbeck every other penalty was correct.

The holding call was bull****, and the offensive PI call was questionable because moments before the defensive back had been grabbing and pushing at the receiver. Either call a double penalty, or call nothing. But don't let one foul go and then call the other.

Your super bowl win was a gift. Do you honestly believe that the Steelers are better than the Seahawks?

You guys never would have survived Cincy if your dude hadn't given Palmer that cheap shot...

Hey don't forget that I am a skins fan too. IF you notice the name Skin in Skin Steeler fan.

Got proof about the pay off? Thought so. So until you do just close your pie hole and :notworthy to me.

Why are you even wasting your time with this? I guess the refs payed off that 3 rd 28th throw Big Ben threw , 75 yd td run that Willie Paker had at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, the trick play that every one saw coming even Stevie Wonder saw it coming. Seahawks did do enough to win the game plain and simple do not let anyone try to taint their victory ..

To end this streak of negativity on this topic. I think right now the Steelers are better. Both teams have great defenses. Both teams have a great running game and decent pass protection. The Steelers have the edge because of Roethlisberger becuase he has proven himself a winner and as much potential as JC has, he has yet to prove it.

The officiating horse has been beaten enough I think. So what if there we bad calls. There are bad calls every game throughout the NFL and to think that that would be different for the SB is just naive. Officials can be blamed for nearly EVERY win or loss throughout the season and this is just the reality of athletics. Give the Steelers their due. Their team is very similar to the Skins so saying they were lucky only implies that we will have to be lucky to get to the big one and win it too.

Alright, I'll try to bring this thread back and add some real conversation to it.

The rules that I assume we are playing by are as follows:

1) We are debating this year's team, not last year's team.

2) Reverting to "we won the Super Bowl" is banned from the argument as it has no bearing whatsoever on this year's team. It's a moot point to this discussion.

3) No name calling

Ok here is my take on both teams.

Steelers: This team, despite any apparent lack of break out talent is extremely well coached. Cowher showed he can finally win the big game, and may have gotten over that hump to becoming an elite coach mentioned somewhere in the same breath as Gibbs, though not the same caliber obviously. Roethlisberger is fast becoming an elite quarterback and Parker has shown the ability as a game changer in the role he played last year. The defense is extremely talented and stable with every single player playing his role well.

The concerns with the Steelers come from the fact that they lost their heart and soul in Bettis, who not only shaped the way the team played, but also was an invaluable short yardage guy who may be impossible to replace. Parker I do not believe can hold up to the combined abuse of both his and Bettis' role from a year ago. Ben will be better, but Ward and Wilson really remind me of Moss/Patten from last year. Is that enough of an outside threat opposite Ward to scare defenses. I don't think it is.

That all said, this team looks to return to the playoffs and make another strong postseason push. They are too well coached to finish otherwise.

Redskins: Returning the same 5 starting offensive lineman is the most significant decision made by the team in the offseason in my opinion. Portis will likely get 1500+ again, and Brunell will likely play similarly to last year, but may end up better due to a more stable and balanced offense under Saunders. Like the Steelers, this team is impeccably coached, with Williams running one of the more feared defenses in the league. The offense should now possess the weapons opposite Moss to keep defenses honest, and despite the lack of production in the playoffs, the offense was sharp and explosive in the last half of the season scoring 30+ points in half of the last 8 games.

Despite all the negative press, there was very little roster turnover this year with 18 of 22 starters returning from last year, and even more key backups being resigned. The added free agents filled major need areas, and despite the perceived huge contracts, these players were brought in for reasonable long term numbers. Overall, the starting lineup looks much the same, with a few key upgrades which bodes well for keeping last year's momentum going into this year.

Overall, I would say on paper the 'Skins look slightly better than do the Steelers simply because they appear to have marginally more talent and comparable coaching staffs to employ and utilize that talent. Again, injuries and luck mean everything in today's NFL, but on paper I think the Steelers are just a bit behind, but both teams are legitimate contenders for the trophy next year.

What a garbage thread. and the steelers are my second favorite team too. But I will NEVER dis either team or put people in a position to choose between the 2. I actually think the steelers have a good relationship with the skins both the teams and the fans. I like to think we respect and admire each other. Garbage threads like this which breeds hatred between the two and disrespects both make me absolutely sick.

I don't really understand how you can root for two different teams, even if they play in different conferences. So, if the Skins win the Super Bowl, would you go to a steelers MB and say "I'm a steelers and skins fan, but I will debate with anybody why the Skins are better. My first point, they are super bowl champs."?

Alright, I'll try to bring this thread back and add some real conversation to it.

The rules that I assume we are playing by are as follows:

1) We are debating this year's team, not last year's team.

2) Reverting to "we won the Super Bowl" is banned from the argument as it has no bearing whatsoever on this year's team. It's a moot point to this discussion.

3) No name calling

Ok here is my take on both teams.

Steelers: This team, despite any apparent lack of break out talent is extremely well coached. Cowher showed he can finally win the big game, and may have gotten over that hump to becoming an elite coach mentioned somewhere in the same breath as Gibbs, though not the same caliber obviously. Roethlisberger is fast becoming an elite quarterback and Parker has shown the ability as a game changer in the role he played last year. The defense is extremely talented and stable with every single player playing his role well.

The concerns with the Steelers come from the fact that they lost their heart and soul in Bettis, who not only shaped the way the team played, but also was an invaluable short yardage guy who may be impossible to replace. Parker I do not believe can hold up to the combined abuse of both his and Bettis' role from a year ago. Ben will be better, but Ward and Wilson really remind me of Moss/Patten from last year. Is that enough of an outside threat opposite Ward to scare defenses. I don't think it is.

That all said, this team looks to return to the playoffs and make another strong postseason push. They are too well coached to finish otherwise.

Redskins: Returning the same 5 starting offensive lineman is the most significant decision made by the team in the offseason in my opinion. Portis will likely get 1500+ again, and Brunell will likely play similarly to last year, but may end up better due to a more stable and balanced offense under Saunders. Like the Steelers, this team is impeccably coached, with Williams running one of the more feared defenses in the league. The offense should now possess the weapons opposite Moss to keep defenses honest, and despite the lack of production in the playoffs, the offense was sharp and explosive in the last half of the season scoring 30+ points in half of the last 8 games.

Despite all the negative press, there was very little roster turnover this year with 18 of 22 starters returning from last year, and even more key backups being resigned. The added free agents filled major need areas, and despite the perceived huge contracts, these players were brought in for reasonable long term numbers. Overall, the starting lineup looks much the same, with a few key upgrades which bodes well for keeping last year's momentum going into this year.

Overall, I would say on paper the 'Skins look slightly better than do the Steelers simply because they appear to have marginally more talent and comparable coaching staffs to employ and utilize that talent. Again, injuries and luck mean everything in today's NFL, but on paper I think the Steelers are just a bit behind, but both teams are legitimate contenders for the trophy next year.

Nice comments and I agree pretty much with your post. I just want to add that Cowher and the Steelers had many years to win the SB, but did not until they got a QB capable of winning the SB. I will add the 3 SB's the Patriots won with Brady to the same situation. Without Roethlisberger the Steelers go no where. The skins are in the same boat. If Brunell can stay healthy or go into the playoffs healthy the skins have a shot at winning the SB. Also, Campbell has to be the future as well.

That said, the Steelers will not repeat this year. I am not saying the Skins will win the SB, but the Steelers will not.

Well, the Steelers have lost Bettis now, their short yardage back. Willie Parker and Duce Staley can never manage to stay healthy a whole season it seems, but they can get the job done otherwise. You lost Randle El, so your real receiver is Ward, with some mid tier guys that may get the job done.

On defense, seems like you guys have lost a little. I like Ryan Clark and all, and wish he was still here, but I dont think he was much of an upgrade at your secondary. Chris Hope leaving may hurt.

Steelers are still the team to beat, but I obviously have faith in my team.

What an idiot! Santana4Prez: I see your point about people who are fans of two teams: They are absolute crap. However in my thread I just meant that I liked to watch the Colts. I would NEVER say a negative word about the 'Skins! This guy's a grade F jerk.

WHY THE STEELERS ARE CURRENTLY "WORLD CHAMPIONS":

The Colts lost the first round

The Bengals lost the second round

The Broncos lost the third round

The Seahawks lost the Super Bowl.

There is a world of difference between a team WINNING a game and the other team LOSING the game. In those four games you could have plugged in any other team and they would have won, too. Just like every loss we had this season except for at NYG: We LOST those games. Are the Raiders really better than we are? Absolutely not. We GAVE that game away. There should be five columns on a record: Win-Other Team Lost-Other Team Won-Lost-Tie.

Rooting for two teams shows you have no loyalty and dissing Randle El as a WR after everything he did for the Steelers shows your a fking ******.

i honestly like you dude, but don't let people get under your skin, especially on a topic like this. we all have certain things that set us off, but it's all about self control. it's a pointless thread to begin with, which is important.....it's not a topic worth even responding to, let alone blowing your lid over. just ignore the trolls, they feed on stuff like this. remember, the mods have really been clamping down on the rules to stop things like this from happening, and i don't want to see any skins fans getting in trouble here, this board is a great place, and we should show some respect even when we don't agree. let the trolls break rules and get banned, but don't go down with them.

5. Please be respectful of your fellow members.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Archived