Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top10 Linebackers in Nfl

DatBoySk

I do appreciate the love for MW...I love him as well. However, with a league wide prospective in mind....we are talking about the best in the NFL. You have a point that Merriman has only been in the league just one year, but compare his 2005 stats to MW.

Now, can you provide examples of players that won either defensive or offensive rookie of the year and simply went poof? I, for one, think that Merriman only having one year in the NFL and doing what he was able to do is more of a strength than a weakness. This kid has the potential to become an LT, Ray Lewis, etc.

The kicker is....I am not even a Terp fan. :D

Mike Croel 1991

Dale Carter 1992

Dana Stubblefield 1993

Just food for though. :)

I think Urlacher is overrated, personally. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a pretty good linebacker, but there will be entire games where you won't even hear his name called. He isn't in the same league as, say, Singletary, and certainly not Butkus. He's a reputation Pro Bowler.

What game where you watching? You have to be joking. It's hard to be in the same league with All-Time greats but he is really close.

Washington should have been listed higher, as for the whole arrington is better than washington and vice versa arguement, arrington is better physically and possess more potential, however Washington has been more consistent, more disciplined and arguably more valuable than arrington. i believe, like many others that Lavar could have truely been the greatest of all time if he had been more disciplined. but to me Washington is better.

Homer statement, if I ever heard it

They are close. Vilma is definetely more of a playmaker and has potential to be much better than MW. Vilma is flat out quick but MW is more physical. Tackles don't mean everything. YOu can be on a ****ty defense or have a horrible offense and that can be the reason you pile up so many tackles. So who's the homer now?LOL just joking fellas.

When Lavar is healthy this statemant is pretty far from the truth.

also

Antonio Peirce should be considered and one dimensional Trotter is a run defense in himself. The Rookie in Seattle will be on that list pretty soon as well.

Where is Antonio Peirce ?

and Lavar is way better than Washington. Marcus is good though.

BTW, dont they both look good in BLUE YORK !!

What game where you watching? You have to be joking. It's hard to be in the same league with All-Time greats but he is really close.

Well, I live in Chicago, so I watch a lot of Bears games. Like I said before, I think he's a good linebacker, he's just not the second coming of Singletary that the media (especially the local Chicago media) make him out to be. I would put him top ten for sure, but not top five. There are games where he's simply a non-factor, and that doesn't happen to great linebackers, in my opinion.

Plus, the egregious face mask on Clinton Portis in week 1 soured me on the guy as a sportsman -- the media always hails him as a true professional, but I remember the face mask was an obvious retaliation for an earlier play. Am I hallucinating? Does anyone else remember that?

Washington should have been listed higher, as for the whole arrington is better than washington and vice versa arguement, arrington is better physically and possess more potential, however Washington has been more consistent, more disciplined and arguably more valuable than arrington. i believe, like many others that Lavar could have truely been the greatest of all time if he had been more disciplined. but to me Washington is better.

I agree with you and what you are saying but I think you miss worded it a little bit. Lavar HAD more potential than MW. I think this knee could be an ongoing injury.He might get back to shape and healthy but let him start reeking havoc out there and teams will be going at his knee trying to reinjure it. But thats not for sure.Lavar could be the best LB ever if he put his mind to it and trained his *** off but he's already set for life and seems like he'd rather have fun.I can't blame him for that. I just wished he could of had more pride about proving himself to the fans here.Maybee he tried.I don't work for the skins so I don't know every detail. If he was Lawarence Taylor we wouldn't let him slip away.

Well, I live in Chicago, so I watch a lot of Bears games. Like I said before, I think he's a good linebacker, he's just not the second coming of Singletary that the media (especially the local Chicago media) make him out to be. I would put him top ten for sure, but not top five. There are games where he's simply a non-factor, and that doesn't happen to great linebackers, in my opinion.

Plus, the egregious face mask on Clinton Portis in week 1 soured me on the guy as a sportsman -- the media always hails him as a true professional, but I remember the face mask was an obvious retaliation for an earlier play. Am I hallucinating? Does anyone else remember that?

I feel your pain and yeah I remember that game. I just thought you meant the guy was not a factor at all.

Lavar shouldn't even be on the list. He isn't even top32 according to the 32 teams in the league who have yet to sign him. If he was really that good teams would be driving up his price. Teams are signing scrubs and 4th and 5ths now but Lavar is still sitting on his couch. It has to say something and it isn't that he is a top5 LB in the league. Hardly, he isn't even close. I mean, Willie Gault was fast as hell and very athletic but he was ass as a receiver. Many other examples are available.

Archived