Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shouldn't the NFL be going after the celebrations on DEFENSE?

NoCalMike

Hear me out. I mean, at least when a player scores a TD, it is sort of a big deal, as in, you just put points on the board, but what about defenders who dance after routine tackles. I mean look at Ray Lewis, it is like he took ballet lessons so the next time he makes a tackle he can show off a new dance.

Defenders will dance after the tackle someone, when the person just made a 1st down or a big gain. Prime example is Linebackers when they make a tackle, after a 5 yard gain by a RB as if that is something special.

I am not for cracking down on celebrations across the board whatsoever, but if the NFL insists on it, I think they should target defenders because at least most WRs are putting points on the board when they celebrate.

Very valid point....that is kind of funny when a 300 pound lineman trips up an RB after an 8 yard tackle, then proceeds to get up and dance around like he won the game....haha makes sense to me. i kind of think it's funny to see a fat man try to dance, then he looks at the scoreboard and it reality B***H slaps him in the face...

noooooooo........don't take away defenders celebrating too!!!

seriously though....the NFL should just let players celebrate...it's a freaking TD!! you expect someone to just drop the ball down and contain their excitement? hate those stupid rules

they are really taking away some of the excitement. I was watching some highlight videos of the endzone celebrations Brandon Lloyd was doing in San Fran, and was hoping I could see him do some of those here along with Portis. At one point I was beginning to believe that before I saw the fraction of owners who voted against endzone celebrations (I think it was 29/32), I felt that it was mostly going to be the owners who got tired of seeing their team being scored on so much. :point2sky

about how im glad no, i dont care as long as they play the game...about bieng bad at madden YES! :laugh:
yeah i meant the madden part.......it's a game....u want them to take away celebrations just so that madden won't have it either?? lol crazy!

Guest santana4prez
If I have to see Marcus Washington do that ****ing dance one more time I'm going to throw up. :puke:

Please ban defensive celebrations.

Marcus is a beast , get jiggy with it 53.:laugh:

I dont like after a guy makes a first down or a big play he slams the ball or tosses it in the air. Sometimes the refs arent their and it moves the spot of the ball when they have to almost guess where it should be.

Dancing in the end zone is fine with me , unless they bring something on the field like a sign,cell phone,sharpie,etc.

No. The NFL shouldn't be going after celebrations period. If a player wants to celebrate, let them celebrate. If a player wants to make an ass of themself, let them make an ass of themself. If a player wants to be down right disrespectful, let the players with a problem be men and handle their business.

Thing is, if you don't want to see a team do a touchdown celebration, don't let them score a touchdown. If you don't want them making a defensive celebration, play some quality football. Block somebody.

No. The NFL should be going after celebrations period. If a player wants to celebrate, let them celebrate. If a player wants to make an ass of themself, let them make an ass of themself. If a player wants to be down right disrespectful, let the players with a problem be men and handle their business.

Thing is, if you don't want to see a team do a touchdown celebration, don't let them score a touchdown. If you don't want them making a defensive celebration, play some quality football. Block somebody.

well said :point2sky

Ray Lewis.......

when a guy runs for 8-10 yards gets a first down and the Ravens are losing by 20, Ray lands on the pile and thus can do his patented "high knee step/kick".

Very annoying.......I think he did this against the Eagles a few years back.

Overall I have no prob. with D celebrations, but if your team is down (especially by alot) and you make 1 lousy play.......get back in the huddle and make another play, quit showboating and help your team win the bloody game!!!!!!!!

Overall I have no prob. with D celebrations, but if your team is down (especially by alot) and you make 1 lousy play.......get back in the huddle and make another play, quit showboating and help your team win the bloody game!!!!!!!!

i agree with that only if the defender is like doing a whole dance routine...but if they're just pumping chests and fists and crap i don't have a problem cause they're just fired up

i agree with that only if the defender is like doing a whole dance routine...but if they're just pumping chests and fists and crap i don't have a problem cause they're just fired up

Yeah, agree with you.

Pumping fists is pretty much a non-celebration in my op.

What I was referring to was something that required Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson or somebody like that to choreograph.....that's too much.

What I was referring to was something that required Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson or somebody like that to choreograph.....that's too much.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: thanks for the laugh...i just pictured a whole buncha fat line men doing a janet jackson dance from one of her videos....

If I have to see Marcus Washington do that ****ing dance one more time I'm going to throw up. :puke:

Not that you'll read this now that you're gone, but considering that Trotter does that retarded axe chop after EVERY SINGLE TACKLE HE MAKES, including blindsiding a punter, this post reeks of a little hypocrisy.

I think that you are jealous because your defence doesnt dance cos it never get the opportunity....LMAO

Hail all things redksins:especially redskins sack dances

Archived