Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monk For The Hall

OVCChairman

www.monkforthehall.com

Just tryin to get the word out, Its another board with a few people on there, tryin to figure out how to get 81, the great one, into the hall come next year. Anyone intersted, go on there and click "volunteer forum" and set up a name, a lot of the people are keeping the same name as they have on here, just to make Identification a little easier. I know this might be posted but i'm just tryin to get the word out. I did a search and nothing with the actual site came up.

Isnt that what everyone said last year? And the year before that? And the year before that?

which is why we are trying to do this, get the word out and get a lot of people involved, wearing shirts, and maybe we can just hope for that little push to get him over the edge

I love Art, ever since meeting him at his camp the summer of 91, I've been one of his best supporters.

It really doesn't make much sense for him not to be in. He had all the records at one point. If Largent is in, then Monk should have been first ballot. He has the rings!

Today, I was listening to Sirius radio (about 11 am) and they were talking about QBs being mentors. Then a guy called in talking about CB's being mentors and WRs being mentors. His statement was that some guys are good players, but just dont want to be mentors. Then he said, "Art Monk was a good WR for the Redskins, but he wasn't anybody's mentor"

Now, He may be right, but he wasn't asked to be anybody's mentor. We did draft Desmond, but do you really think that he sucked because Monk wasn't a good mentor?

I don't ever remember a quote from Monk that was comparable to Farve's "I'm not going to be anybody's mentor" I didn't like that he was used in that example.

Archived