Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Prisco is giving us the oppurtunity to speak out..

RedskinsSuperBowl21

I was pretty mad but not surprised about hthe power rankings he created and I left him feed back that stated "Redskins fans are sick of criticism and we want an honest opinion without the influence of other bandwagon redskins hating columnists. He sent me a quick email and said that if we can give him a vaild argument he will listen and give me something to post to my "Forum Fanatic"

What Im pasting below is a mish-mosh of thoughts that i instantly thought of..i have not sent anything yet because i would like to get everyone involved, I have seen the mods and posters make some great points in very respectable fashion. PS I know the nature of us ES member so feel free to hate on me, rip my post apart, and nail me to a cross, I just think this could be fun and whether or not he changes, who cares, this will be a good forum to applaud or critique every aspect of the Redskins succes and shortcoming before and after 2004.

This is what i have after about a minute of heated thought and frantic typing.

I can admit their spending history versus their record under Snyder is somewhat of a joke. The first thing I always hear is “Look there goes Snyder’s Private jet again, it must be that same time of year where the owner blows the plethora of cash that he has. I understand the point of view from which your community of columnist is approaching this off-season’s moves. The problem I continue to see is where important details are conveniently avoided or left out of articles. Dan Snyder has enough cash to spend, we all know this, but the difference between Dan Snyder’s shopping sprees prior to 2004 is huge. Dan Snyder is now under the guidance of hall of fame coach, Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs has brought in free-agents who have had a tremendous positive impact on the team, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, and Clinton Portis to name a few. Gibbs’ drafting has been exceptional as well, see Chris Cooley, Sean Taylor and Carlos Rogers to name some more. He has brought in Gregg Williams, Joe Bugel, Al Saunders, etc. The Redskins went from 6-10 to 10-6 and for the first time since Gibbs’ first stand the organization is surrounding itself with winning components. The reason I am sending you this is because I want an honest opinion of where you disagree and I would like some justification on how the Eagles and Dallas are in better shape than the Redskin’s considering Mcnabb may not be fully recovered, Bledsoe is slowing down and there is no clear replacement being groomed by him. Brunell is on the downside of his career, but he had a career best season and is grooming an unproven quarterback but has great potential. I don’t want you to think I’m a “homer” this is my opinion and I’m hoping to get yours, with out the influence of your “Redskin hating colleagues”.

To see the prisco article click this link to see the forum http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151489

i dont think it will matter...hes got his opinion and he's gonna argue it to the end...your not gonna do anything but waste your time. Good luck tho..hope something positive comes from it...:2cents:

Tell him what I posted in the other Prisco power ranking thread:

We went 5-1 in the division last year.

We've added more than we've lost so far this offseason.

We're ranked below the other three NFC East teams, as well as nearly half the league.

Huh?

that about says it all to me. i might add something like, "teams don't get to the second round of the playoffs by accident. we were the only nfc east team to make it that far."

I'll second that. Outside of losing Lavar, who didn't start until almost mid season and only played 1st and 2nd downs and Robert "oop's I dropped another one" Royal we lost no one. We've added two better than average receivers, a great blocking TE to replace RR and a dangerous return man, all upgrades. On defense we've added a pass rushing end, 12.5 sacks not too long ago and a nickel CB to replace a relased injury prone Walt Harris. Let's not forget Al Saunders probably the best offseason addition to the team bar none.

All of these additions to a team that went to the second round of the playoffs. What other NFC East team (5-1 against our division) has filled as many holes on their team than us? TO? They added a receiver and lost one. Is he better? Yes. Is WR the reason Dallas lost to us twice last season? Don't think so. Philly lost a #1 and hasn't replaced him yet. Giants? Haven't heard a damn thing about them and we handed them their ass at the end of the season. Frankly their entire reasoning for placing the Skins in the bottom of the division is simply idiotic.

Tell him what I posted in the other Prisco power ranking thread:

We went 5-1 in the division last year.

We've added more than we've lost so far this offseason.

We're ranked below the other three NFC East teams, as well as nearly half the league.

Huh?

Exactly, we are a second round playoff team that did nothing but improve every weakness and hole. Who cares at what price, the holes are filled.

I didnt notice the Cowboys or the Eagles doing anything more than the Skins so far.

TO is a joke in Dallas and a disease waiting to spread. But even if you want to say the Cowboys are better with him, they are still not more improved than the team that beat them twice last year. they lost Kewshawn and replaced him, we ADDED firepower to complement the 2nd best receiver in the league last year.

The eagles are done and staying down for awhile. If you want to question a QB in the NFC East its McNabb and his recovery from injury as well as producing w/ out a #1 receiver.

the Giants are the only team I could respect being ranked above us. I dont agree, but i could respect that opinion.

Guest amaprius

I would get rid of the wordy lead-in and simply say "It maybe that Dan Snyder overspends for people but that is old news. The new news is the youth, quality and depth of the people he overspends on." Then Go over the WR/TE/RB situation and ask him who gets covered by what position because with Moss, Patten, ARE, Lloyd, Thrash we have 5 guys that should be covered by CB's but then add in Fauria, Cooley, Betts and Portis and we have 4 guys that need covering by Safeties. So on any play we wreak havoc with defenses. We now have too many talented guys to cover on any given play. If we use a 3 WR set with a TE, FB and RB and four linemen how does the opposing defense cover us? If we spread them out with a 4 WR set and 2 TE's we again tax the defense. If we go with 2 WR's, 2 TE's and 2 RB's again the defense gets streched. No matter what, we will score alot. The only thing capable of stopping us is incomplete passes, fouls, turnovers and mental errors. So where did we spend wrong this offseason? We may have spent too much but that is old news.

If we use a 3 WR set with a TE, FB and RB and five linemen how does the opposing defense cover us? If we spread them out with a 4 WR set and 2 TE's we again tax the defense. If we go with 2 WR's, 2 TE's and 2 RB's again the defense gets streched.

Not a bad thing to have your defense stretched when the opposition isn't playing with a QB. Just sayin... :)

Guest amaprius
Not a bad thing to have your defense stretched when the opposition isn't playing with a QB. Just sayin... :)

LOL....I always forget about MB

See.....a mental error!

isnt that the point of a bulletin board system? get your opinions out there and try to influence others?

Sure, but a mass emailing to any writer that says something bad probably does nothing except entrench those feelings even deeper. And when was the last time a fan of another team able to make you 'respect' their team more by saying how great they are?

Sure, but a mass emailing to any writer that says something bad probably does nothing except entrench those feelings even deeper. And when was the last time a fan of another team able to make you 'respect' their team more by saying how great they are?

yes maybe we should all just have a forum like this with constructive critisms and unarguable facts and send him the link and tell him to read it through then when he writes his next article he should remembet this and be like, hmm, they had some great points

yes maybe we should all just have a forum like this with constructive critisms and unarguable facts and send him the link and tell him to read it through then when he writes his next article he should remembet this and be like, hmm, they had some great points

Exactly. This wouldn't work either. Which goes to show that there is only one way to get respect. Earn it. And the Skins took a large step towards that last year. Perhaps it takes more than one good year to shed that horrible image they had for a while?

We went farther than any other team in our division last year and finished with a 5-1 record in the NFC East. We beat the Eagles with McNabb and Westbrook, we swept the Cowboys...with the second most recent victory being a 35-7 embarrasment that knocked them out of the playoffs, and we split with the Giants with the most recent game against them being another smackdown that we dominated. The question is not can we compete with the rest of the NFC East...it should be, what have they done to improve themselves so much that they can suddenly compete with the Redskins. You cannot just add one player even if it is LaVar or T.O. and expect it to make your team as good as the one that dominated your division last year. On the other hand the Redskins have not just rested on their dominant performance from last year they have gone out in free agency and filled the remaining few holes and weaknesses that remained from last year. We upgraded at Safety, turned a weakness into a strength at Wide Reciever adding Randel El and Lloyd to an already amazing Pro Bowl Talent in Santana Moss, and picked up an excellent Pass Rushing talent with Carter. How can you say anything but watch out to the NFC, the Skins are stacked and headed by some of the best coaches to ever hold a clipboard assembled in one coaching staff. You can trash the Skins like Sports Illustrated did last year and say our record will be 4-12 but if you think no one pays any attention, your sorely mistaken. Come the end of the season you will have to deal with all the emails from us Skins fans throwing your preseason comments back in your face. Now as a Skins hater that I am sure that you are, you dont want to have to deal with that...do you? Just write the truth whether you like it or not, the Skins are going to be hard to beat this year...you can always watch reruns from when other teams were better than us.

Its very, very simple. We were 10-6 last year, 5-1 in the division, and we beat 4 out of the other 5 NFC playoff teams. In order to make a case for us to be placing anything less than 12th in the rankings, you must make the case that we are a worse team than last year. You must make this case, while taking into account that the Redskins signed the #1 OC in football the past 5 years, improved their WR core and their special teams, improved their DLine and pass rush and had a slight improvement at safety, and their young secondary has another season of experience, including very promising play from Rogers and Taylor. The one area you could even make a case we took a talent hit, is at WLB. So if you cannot find a way to argue coherantly that we are worse than last year, considering our improvements on DLine, Safety, WR, and Offensive Coordinator, you have no businesses ranking us 12th. Considering the improvements we HAVE made(all young guys too, mind you), Id say anything outside of the top 10 is just plain ridiculous. But its america, and you are entitled to be wrong.

You got a point there. I wonder why he even bothers putting an email link up knowing he'd typically get angry emails....

:rolleyes:

I donno about Brunell having a "career best season" last year.

I disagree. While Brunell has had a few seasons with more yardage, or a couple more touchdowns, he had his best season ever in my opinion. He managed this team better last season than he had ever done in the past here or elsewhere. 2.3-1 ratio TD/INT says it all for me.

Archived