Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor avoids Plea deal

wilbur58z

To those harping on Pittman:

This is not about Pittman, it's about Sean. So no, they aren't going to bring up Michael Pittman's past when it's Sean Taylor who is on trial. Sean's troubles are perfectly relevant to bring up right now.

I am still saying if Taylor truly is innocent, it trumps everything. He will not and should not consider admitting guilt to a crime he did not commit. If I was the prosecution I would be looking for any way out of going to court.

redskinswin...take it from another fairly new guy...dont post any new threads for a week or two til you get the hang of the boards...will save you alot of harassment!:laugh: :2cents: Been there seen it....HTH

Man if you thought the CBA deadline was intense, I can't wait until next Monday. This board is going to be a nervous wreck!

Real talk!

I am really starting to feel nervous. I can't imagine how difficult this is on ST and family.

I feel confident in the fact that he didn't want to take the plea agreement...

but at the same time it would have been nice just to get this over with.

Whoever said this has to do with ego - I think that is way across the line. ST and his legal team are simply trying to make the decisions that are in his best interest.

April 10 cannot come soon enough.

redskinswin...take it from another fairly new guy...dont post any new threads for a week or two til you get the hang of the boards...will save you alot of harassment!:laugh: :2cents: Been there seen it....HTH
Or you could just read the rules. Just another bit of friendly :2cents:. :)

Man if you thought the CBA deadline was intense, I can't wait until next Monday. This board is going to be a nervous wreck!

No joke, man. And I knew money would win out in the CBA problem... but this is legit.

To those harping on Pittman:

This is not about Pittman, it's about Sean. So no, they aren't going to bring up Michael Pittman's past when it's Sean Taylor who is on trial. Sean's troubles are perfectly relevant to bring up right now.

Are you a ST hater? ST's troubles? His DUI charges were dropped against him!! What else? Spitting? Romanasky used to do it all the time yet he is still popular among his peers, the spit never hit that wife beater to begin with.. so what Troubles are you refering to?. I cant wait till someone steals your scooter or tricycle :D we ll see what you will do to get them back from bunch of thugs ;)

ST is not going to jail, he has some growing up to do but I think with JG and GW help and guidance he will be fine.

Well next season when Sean Taylor emerges as the defensive MVP of the NFL, and the Skins win the Super Bowl, what will they be saying about the rookie symposium then?

Peter King: Sean Taylor is a very good safety let alone defensive player. That Defensive MVP deserves to be his. But my sources are telling me Sean Taylor shot 8 people at a mall....reportelly....:doh:

Pittman threw his wife through a plate glass window. Real nice guy.

Is that really true? Going through a plate glass window isn't like the movies. I don't see how he wouldn't have done major time with that amount of physical evidence.

Sometimes I've seen cases where the guy was innocent and the domestic violence claim is issued as a form of revenge or retaliation. NOT saying Pittman is the victim of such, but it seems odd that a guy could do that and not be in jail for 2-3 years minimum.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/04/04/bc.fbn.redskins.taylor.ap/index.html

So this is going to trial or the charges will be dismissed.

No the charges will not be dismissed. Read on to the bottom, the judge already denied dismissal. I can understand why they don't want to plea b/c of the automatic felony charge even with probation. The defense must feel like they have a pretty strong case for Taylor. All we can do is pray for the guy.

HTTR!

Or you could just read the rules. Just another bit of friendly :2cents:. :)

Rules are made to be broken. Ask Roy Williams!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Will do and thanks for the advice guys!

:dallasuck

He can enter a guilty plea without admitting to anything. There are several forms of pleas that would allow this. He would, however, still be a convicted felon.

I doubt he'll be convicted. Especially since I think they don't have the gun. Seems to be too much opportunity for doubt by any juror who wants to see him walk. But I wonder if he gets a 12 or 6 person jury? Florida has both juries and I'm not sure when and why you get which? If you'll remember William Kennedy Smith (the rapist doctor) had a 6 person jury and he was charged with a very serious felony.

Having said all that, it's very scary and risky to face a jury on such serious charges and with exposure to such severe penalties.

The prosecution, in an attempt at making a plea bargain, offered ST no jail time but wouldn't lower the charges from felony counts to misdemeanor counts. So basically if he accepted he'd be a free man but would still be a convicted felon. I wouldn't accept that either if I was ST especially if the charges were bogus. Once you're a convicted felon, you're always a convicted felon and thats not something you want to be.

A misdemeanor is not a felony.

This shows me that the DA knows his case is weak. He was hoping that ST would take the deal to save face. He has squandered tax money for his own gains. This is how Judges get elected people. They use these big cases to promote themselves. It's a clear indictment on the system as well. I mean honestly, does this DA really feel that it serves the interest of the people to incarcerate ST for shooting to protect his property. I mean does he really think even a jury made of all white people would find ST guilty for basically protecting his property? Come on Miami get rid of this DA, he's missed the boat completely.

Archived