Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do YOU see us going to the SB-Record Predictions

Doodie987

we WILL make it....in fact heres what will happen so a few years from now you can say, "HE WAS RIGHT!":

we WILL make it and WIN it this year....Brunell will then retire.....

we WILL then be lead by J. Campbell to back-to-back Super Bowl victories next year...

Gibbs will then retire, establishing himself as the GREATEST coach of all time.....

I don't like making these predictions so early, with so much still riding on the season. We still have free agency with plenty of good players out there, the draft, off season incidents (Taylor, Owens), injuries, schedules, etc...

Taking all those things into consideration and balancing all of those equations out we cannot be so certain any team will run away with the division and there is going to be a stinker, all four teams won't be playoff contenders. It just isn't going to happen. Someone major will get injured, and its hard for me to say, speaking of Karma, that the Iggles will be the team decimated with injuries. They got killed with that last year; no way it happens to them twice. Fortunately for the other three teams in the NFC East, I think the Iggles are the worst situated team in the East.

As it stands right now, at this point in time, before anything else is said and done, the Redskins have to be the favorites. Why? Because last year they really came together and pretty much wiped the other three teams with baby wipes. Momentum, confidence and all that jazz is in the Redskins favor. However, will the additions made affect the team in a negative manner? Our defense is solid, no doubt. I think the scheme proved last year that Greg Williams scheme is almost injury proof. Many starters went down all over the D and they still were very competitive, obviously dominant with Williams chosen players in the game. The Redskins coverage teams were also very good as the DVOA system ranked them second in the NFL. Their offensive Special Teams leaves something to be desired, especially the kicking game, but how many punts and field goals will we need? With such a stout defense and an apparently efficient paper offense, perhaps a 45 yard net punt average won’t be that big of a deal and having a kicker that can consistently hit 35 yard field goals will be sufficient. Adding Al Saunders should be the biggest acquisition of the offseason. He didn’t have receivers in KC and they were just fine. The last time he had a receiving core as solid as the Redskins was when he was with the Rams, and that offense is heralded as the best offense of all time between the years of 99 and 01. Without the outside threat, his system utilized dumps to the tight end and screens to the backs. Is Clinton Portis as good out of the back field as Holmes or Faulk, I don’t think so. But I do think Portis is a better all around half back then either of them. Having Cooley step into the role Gonzalez made famous should have our Cheerleader slayer foaming at the mouth. As it looks now, the offensive line will also be dominant and the right side of the line (Brunell’s blind side) had their injury issues last year. Obviously, taking such a blind speculative view on something has to weigh the unscientific aspect of Karma, which I think the Redskins have plenty of the good kind at this point. Brunell isn’t the key everyone thinks he is. I reference 1986/7 (Schroeder and Williams) and 1990/1 (who was #11 again?) for Gibbs effort at QB and Saunders 98/9 campaign, the one where Mr. Warner stepped up. Even if Brunell begins to wear down, the addition of Todd Collins seems perfect for two reasons. Not only is he a ready made system man (not Matthews or Weuffer in a inferior system) but he is also going to be a valuable tutor to not only #17 but #8 as well. Should Brunell go down with an injury or simple fatigue, these two fella’s seem more then adequate to step up. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, the Redskins are set. Perhaps more O-line depth, a nickel back or a rookie OLB added, the starting line up is set at the moment. The question the Redskins still hold for me is, how will this new high powered offense work with the established high powered defense? Is too much octane a bad thing? Will they try to out do each other, ignoring important stats such as time of possession and field position? We shall see.

Next on my list is the G-man. They should be a solid team because of their 3rd year QB. #3 is the magic number for the General position and with the leaps and bounds Eli has already made, there shouldn’t be any surprise if he one ups his brother come Sept 11th. They have weapons and an incredible home field advantage. They won’t have that extra home game this year and they still have many questions on defense, which was better then the stats portrayed. They have added a lot of depth to their secondary and their defensive line rivals only those found in the NFC South division. But there is already talk of Pierce being overrated and their outside men are non-existent, which leaves T.O. drags and Saunder’s screens a very scary idea for the Giants fans. They should find a starter or two in the draft and are still not done in free agency. They still could improve some. It’s hard to think Tiki will have another year like last and they need another receiver to compliment Burress. But, with Eli at the helm, they should be tough to beat yet again. Interesting to note, that their coach does have a pinchent for choking in big games, happened last year during the end of the year and that was the Jag’s M.O. under Coughlin’s tenure. With a few additions from the draft and the rest of free agency they seem to be in line for a number 2 finish in the NFC east and a possible playoff contender, but nothing more.

McNabb is special. There is no denying that. We have two great quarterbacks in our division and at this time, none scares you more then #5. But what else do they have? They still don’t have anyone to throw at and how many screens can Westbrook catch? That worked in 01 to 04, but this ain’t the same NFC east. The Seahawks now stake claim to what the Iggles used to be, the best team in the worst division. Without Owens, the team will probably be very “together” and McNabb and Reid will have a chip on their shoulder. But will that be enough? Their defense won’t be as bad as some suggest, they have potential, even if they are aging a bit. I just don’t get scared by anyone other then McNabb, and he can’t do it alone. A weak 4th place schedule and a lot of Karma will see them finish a respectable 9 and 7 or 8 and 8. They can still improve via the draft and FA, but they better get with it.

Which leads me to the Cowboys and Karma isn’t their friend this year, not with Brokeback and the rapper formely known as T.O. wearing the star. Will he stand on his helmet star, the endzone star or the midfield star for his first touchdown against the iggles? (that’s gonna happen by the way) What is interesting is the Percell’s T.O. relationship. Why wasn’t he there at the signing? T.O. won’t respect Percell’s, I think we can all agree to that, even if Percell’s rode Bellichek’s coattails to two SB’s with the Gints. The question I have is, will Percell’s accept T.O.? What is more important to Percell’s? To retire respectfully with dignity or to try to sell his soul for one last run at what has escaped him since his first retirement? They have upgraded their SP, Oline and defense. They have such a great young defense, they will be hard to move the ball on, as they usually are. Their secondary is still suspect but they should be very stout against the run. They will score some points as well with the idiot kicker out to prove his worth and the one and only T.O. also trying to prove he is still the best receiver in the game. He will play it cool for most of the season and I don’t expect him to be very disruptive at all, that is until the mid point in the season. I just can’t see this story ending good for the Cowboys. T.O. just doesn’t deserve it. They have no running game and Bledsoe won’t be able to do what McNabb did last year. I just think this whole thing is going to blow up in the Cowboys face, and I’m talking total disaster. It wouldn’t surprise me if Percells quits in week 10. I don’t care who else they sign or what starters they find in the draft, having all that talent at wide receiver and on the defense side of the ball, signing a deal with the devil will prove fatal.

It’s been an arms race in the NFC East this year. The South Division should be good again but the East is really scary right now. But again, its much to early to make any viable predications, look at how everyone fairs with their predictions in August. That’s why the NFL is the best!

I'm sure something will go wrong next year. Brunell is average and has only played in all 16 games a couple times in his career. Last year was one of them. I don't see it hapenning again which means that Campbell will probably start at least 2-3 games if he is the #2. I'm not sure if he can win yet. We will see though.

I predict a best case scenario of 12-4 in which Brunell never gets dinged up and therefore never has 3-4 games in which he passes for 50-75 yards since we lose most of those games.

Worst case is that Brunell goes down early in the year, Campbell and Collins both are below average and we finish 7-9 or 8-8. I really don't see Gibbs coaching a below .500 team again unless there are a ton of other injuries though but it could happen. Moss has been dinged up in the past. So has Springs, Jansen, Thomas, Portis, Patten, Daniels, Griffin, Archuletta, Betts, Hall, Wynn, etc. Now if a handful of these guys go down around the same time we probably won't win much.

Sure, in a perfect world this team can go 14-2 and sweep the division but it just isn't realistic to expect that to happen considering everything that can happen including getting screwed in 3-4 close games by the refs and injuries.

I HATE REPORTERS they make us into such crap-- they put us down and not just the redskins-- they talk down on all washington sports weather it be skins' wizards' caps' (but they suck) or nationals-- nats finishd .500 in their first season and hlaf way threw the season they were like top 3 team in the NL -- so shut up stupid media

i cant wait to win the SB this year and shut up Pete Prisco and Clark Judge-- anyone read the powerrankings from prisco hes such a prick ( there is a post with the article link on the 1st page somewhere)

Whoa son I with you man! But I can't know fo sho until the sched-iale comes out... But man, I'm predicting 15-1 wit 16-0 a real possiblity. We gonna be the Colts of last years. Everyone will compare us to the Dolphins by seasons end son. 14-2 at the worst but we got the talent to run the table fo sure.

Not attacking the poster, attacking the post's. All of your posts are idiotic, son.

Archived