Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis' Role Changing?

gibo

I don't think Portis' role will change, he will still be the feature back and with stronger depth at WR next year, there should be more holes for him. Opposition defences won't be able to stack up against the run so often. The YPA will go up. I get the feeling Betts will get more carries next year and that will help keep Portis healthy come Super Bowl week!

Tell you what, everything this season isnt hinging on Brunell necessairily, Trent Green could run the KC offense perfectly, Kurt Warner, the Rams offense, it seems like one that is easy on the QB, however the entire offense playing well hinges on how well the offensive line blocks and pulls. Dockery and Thomas better lose some weight so they can pull faster.

Also Clinton needs to take a lot of practice catching the screen pass...hell catching passes in general and going with them.

Jason Campbell, Mark Brunell, hell Todd Collins, they can all manage the offense and probably do it well enough but if our line isnt 100% solid we wont be moving far.

Saunders uses the pass to open up the run.

I think Portis will get 1800+ yards and 14 TD's. That leaves about 12 or so for Moss, 10 for Cooley, 7 for Lloyd and 6 for Randle El. Oh, let's not leave Sellers out of the mix. My favorite player will grab 5 next year.

Archived