Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was the greatest stadium concert line-up ever?

Thanos

Not counting We Are The World ,Live Aid type of shows.

My nominations:

Stones,Guns & Roses Living Color .LA Colesiuem 1989

Police,Talking Heads,English Beat,Peter Tosh. Montreal 1983

Dave Mathews Band,Santana,The Roots. Philly 2002???

Stones,ACDC-Germany 2002

Genesis,Elvis Costello,Blondie JFK Stadium 1981/2??

Stones/Journey : 1981????

Guns & Roses/Metallica; 1994/5???

U2/Pearl Jam

U2/ Oasis

U2/Public Enemy

Aretha,Smokey,Stevie Wonder,Luther,Micheal Jackson: Rose Bowl 1982

Rick James/Maze/Kool & The Gang :Giants Stadium ;1981

Depeche Mode: Rose Bowl 1988

EW&F /Stevie Wonder: RFK Stadium 1988

Prince /Orange Bowl 1985

Please feel free to add others

Tibetan Freedom Concert at RFK 1998

Beastie Boys, Radiohead, Wallflowers, Wyclef Jean, A Tribe Called Quest, Dave Matthews Band, Herbie Han****, R.E.M., Sonic Youth, Blues Traveler, Live, Pearl Jam, KRS-One, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and people being struck by lightening.

The first Lallapalooza was awesome.

Rollins Band

Butthole Surfers

Ice T solo and with Body Count

Nine Inch Nails

Souixie and the Banshees

Living Color

Janes Addiction.

Also the 2nd HFStival (before it was even called that) was great-

Violent Femmes

Too Much Joy

The La's

The Ocean Blue

The Pursuit of Happiness

Robyn Hitch****

King Missile

Stress

Peter Himmelman

Y-Not?!

Not counting We Are The World ,Live Aid type of shows.

My nominations:

Stones,Guns & Roses Living Color .LA Colesiuem 1989

I was there. Axel Rose was/is the biggest tool I've ever seen. Never seen that many people go silent all at once. Skinny Mick picked up the slack though. The show kicked ASS. I like being able to use that word! :silly:

I was there. Axel Rose was/is the biggest tool I've ever seen. Never seen that many people go silent all at once.

:notworthy

Man, they put on BY FAR the worst show I ever saw!!! I went to the Monsters of Rock with them, Metallica and G&R, and Guns was HORRIBLE. They were so freakin bad I actually thought I was to drunk to appreciate them. . .imagine that, thinking a band was so bad because I was drunk, never bothered me before. . . well, I decided to go again a few months later at the Garden, and they were just as bad. Everyone was booing them, they were just freakin disgustingly bad. They were so bad I left after the 4th song, as did half of the Garden. Someone threw a plastic bottle on stage, and Axil pulled a tissy calling the bands a bunch of ingrateful SOBs. They were bood immercifully, and we decided to leave.

Horrible, absolutely the worst band I've ever paid to see. . . and I did it twice :doh:

That's the one I was thinking.

Bon Jovi

Motley Crue

Ozzy

Skid Row

There were others but I don't remember who they were. Remember that this took place when these bands were HUGE!

How could you forget Russia's own Gorky Park? :applause:

BANG! :laugh:

:notworthy

Man, they put on BY FAR the worst show I ever saw!!! I went to the Monsters of Rock with them, Metallica and G&R, and Guns was HORRIBLE. They were so freakin bad I actually thought I was to drunk to appreciate them. . .imagine that, thinking a band was so bad because I was drunk, never bothered me before. . . well, I decided to go again a few months later at the Garden, and they were just as bad. Everyone was booing them, they were just freakin disgustingly bad. They were so bad I left after the 4th song, as did half of the Garden. Someone threw a plastic bottle on stage, and Axil pulled a tissy calling the bands a bunch of ingrateful SOBs. They were bood immercifully, and we decided to leave.

Horrible, absolutely the worst band I've ever paid to see. . . and I did it twice :doh:

They didn't contribute to the LA show very much that's for sure.

Story - Living Color was the opener. It was during their 15 minutes and they did a great job. Oh they are black for those who don't remember them.

Axel had to be drunk or just stupid or both. And of course he had to open his fat trap before they started. Well, what does he say? I don't remember verbatim but it was such vitriol about gays and blacks (he used the n word I remember that) that the entire Colosium fell silent. It was spooky. Then people started booing. They played a short set got booed some more and left. Thanks alot ya d-weed. I still hate that cs'er.

Mick gets on stage and first thing says "We're just gonna let our music talk". The place erupted and the rest of the show kicked ass.

On a side note, my 73 landcruiser gotted wacked by another vehicle while my buddy and I were in the show and I had to drive home to Upland (50 mile) at 10 mph. Sucked, but when your young & drunk you get by. :silly:

Guest Gichin13

I thought the thread listed no multiple band line-ups as opposed to typical tour. There is no way we can get into Woodstock v. Monterey v. Acid Tests v. Dylan's going electric v. Newport Jazz v. New Orleans Heritage every year.

Best touring match up I ever saw, bar none, was Jeff Beck touring with Stevie Ray Vaughn. They switched who opened and closed every night. Both guys played 1 -2 hours solo and ended with about 45 minutes together.

Dylan, the Dead and Tom Petty was a pretty nice mix one summer. So was Sting opening for the Dead.

Somehow I do not get Pearl Jam. They wrote some ok songs but Eddie can't sing for ****. The guy literally cannot sing on key and that is even on studio recordings where he gets unlimited takes, dubbing and effects to mask his lack of vocal control and range. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains smoked, Pearl Jam spilled.

I always referred to them as Stonegardenjam. Nirvana was their anti-christ. That period of music sucked IMO. Never did like that whiney crap. Give me some angry Pantera any day over those pole smokin needle freaks. :2cents:

But you have to admit Alice was pretty sweet. That was some angry music and Staley could sing lights out.

Archived