Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 NFC-East Cornerbacks (as I see it)

cowboyuptx

This is my top 10 for NCFE Cornerbacks.

Agree / disagree?

1.Sheldon Brown (PHI)

2.Terrance Newman (DAL)

3.Anthony Henry (DAL)

4.Shawn Springs (WAS)

5.Roderick Hood (PHI)

6.R.W. McQuarters (NYG)

7.Aaron Glenn (DAL)

8.Carlos Rogers (WAS)

9.Will Demps (NYG)

10.Curtis Deloatch (NYG)

I realized (after the fact) that I have forgotten about Sam Madison and Lito Sheppard. They belong somewhere on the list.....

but I'll stick by my top 4.

Agree / disagree?

1.Sheldon Brown (PHI)

2.Terrance Newman (DAL)

3.Anthony Henry (DAL)

4.Shawn Springs (WAS)

5.Roderick Hood (PHI)

6.R.W. McQuarters (NYG)

7.Aaron Glenn (DAL)

8.Carlos Rogers (WAS)

9.Will Demps (NYG)

10.Curtis Deloatch (NYG)

How do you have Anthony Henry higher than Shawn Springs and Roderick Hood, R.W. McQuarters and Aaron Glenn all ahead of Carlos Rogers? :doh:

My list:

1) Sheldon Brown

2) Shawn Springs

3) Terrance Newman

4) Sam Madison

5) Lito Sheppard

6) Carlos Rogers (though he will rapidly move up that list this season)

7) Anthony Henry

8) R.W. McQuarters

9) Aaron Glenn

10) Kenny Wright/Curtis Deloatch

How do you have Anthony Henry higher than Shawn Springs and Roderick Hood, R.W. McQuarters and Aaron Glenn all ahead of Carlos Rogers? :doh:

Look at their stats dude.

Over the past 2 seasons.

Springs (30 games)

99 Tackles

6 Int's

15 Pass Deflect

Henry (27 games)

106 Tackles

7 Int's

19 Pass Deflect

Aaron Glenn is a proven player! His stats over the last 2 years....

84 Tackles (only 29 in '05, cuz he's our nickel back)

9 Int's

18 Pass Deflects.

Carlos Rogers only had

42 Tackles

2 Int's

2 Pass Deflects (Newman had 17 his rookie year)

Look at their stats dude.

Over the past 2 seasons.

Springs (30 games)

99 Tackles

6 Int's

15 Pass Deflect

Henry (27 games)

106 Tackles

7 Int's

19 Pass Deflect

Aaron Glenn is a proven player! His stats over the last 2 years....

84 Tackles (only 29 in '05, cuz he's our nickel back)

9 Int's

18 Pass Deflects.

Carlos Rogers only had

42 Tackles

2 Int's

2 Pass Deflects (Newman had 17 his rookie year)

Numbers mean jack at this position, teams don't throw at the better players who are corner backs....and there is a reason for that. (Thats more for the Springs argument, I could handle the Rogers argument, cause didnt start that much this year.)

Numbers mean jack at this position, teams don't throw at the better players who are corner backs....and there is a reason for that. (Thats more for the Springs argument, I could handle the Rogers argument, cause didnt start that much this year.)

I saw Anthony Henry play shutdown CB last year.

Stats do mean something, take this one for example....

Anthony Henry going into his 6th season career total 20 INT's.

Springs going into his 10th year career total 26 INT's.

Turnovers.... what more could you ask for?

BTW, if they dont throw at the best CB's, then why did Brown have 21 Pass deflections in '05? They're the best because they make the plays.

My list:

1) Sheldon Brown

2) Shawn Springs

3) Terrance Newman

4) Sam Madison

5) Lito Sheppard

6) Carlos Rogers (though he will rapidly move up that list this season)

7) Anthony Henry

8) R.W. McQuarters

9) Aaron Glenn

10) Kenny Wright/Curtis Deloatch

Oh crap! I forgot about Sam Madison and Lito Sheppard!

They're somewhere in the mix....but I stand by my top 3.

I saw Anthony Henry play shutdown CB last year.

Stats do mean something, take this one for example....

Anthony Henry going into his 6th season career total 20 INT's.

Springs going into his 10th year career total 26 INT's.

Turnovers.... what more could you ask for?

BTW, if they dont throw at the best CB's, then why did Brown have 21 Pass deflections in '05? They're the best because they make the plays.

Ugh. You're not getting it. Higher stats are not indivative of being a better player. If I have the confidence as an NFL quarterback to throw to you, then regardless of how "good" people might say that you are on an opposing team's message board (:rolleyes:) you're worth the risk. Your stats do NOT take into account the number of passes thrown to either player. If you have 20 INTs out of the 200 that have been thrown to you, then great. But if it's 20 out of 160? Then you're amazing. Your argument is flawed.

Ugh. You're not getting it. Higher stats are not indivative of being a better player. If I have the confidence as an NFL quarterback to throw to you, then regardless of how "good" people might say that you are on an opposing team's message board (:rolleyes:) you're worth the risk. Your stats do NOT take into account the number of passes thrown to either player. If you have 20 INTs out of the 200 that have been thrown to you, then great. But if it's 20 out of 160? Then you're amazing. Your argument is flawed.

None of these guys are Deion Sanders! They all get thrown at plenty, especially an aging Springs.

If we go by stats, last year Terrence Newman had less total tackles, assisted tackles, interceptions, and passes defended than he did in each his previous two years. Actually, his stats have progressively gone down every year since he was a rookie.

So how is it he has suddenly become a elite CB as all Dallas fans proclaim? Stats don't lie, right?

1. Springs - You want stats...how many sacks have your other guys had in the last 2 years?

2. Sheldon Brown/Anthony Henry

Come on! Sacks for a CB? Thats more about defensive scheme.

Yeah, I know Springs had 6 sacks in '04 but 0 last year (in a good year) and total of 7.5 in 9 years.

Please don't feed the troll guys.

That list serves no purpose other than flamebait. Some Dallas homer with a small unit. Why he likes being insulted I don't know. Rough childhood, maybe. Don't waste your time.

Don't drink a bottle of cough syrup and then post on the boards, guys. I'm letting you know from experience.

If we go by stats, last year Terrence Newman had less total tackles, assisted tackles, interceptions, and passes defended than he did in each his previous two years. Actually, his stats have progressively gone down every year since he was a rookie.

So how is it he has suddenly become a elite CB as all Dallas fans proclaim? Stats don't lie, right?

Maybe his stats have gone down a little...... but they're still 2nd best in the division.

']Please don't feed the troll guys.

That list serves no purpose other than flamebait. Some Dallas homer with a small unit. Why he likes being insulted I don't know. Rough childhood' date=' maybe. Don't waste your time.

Don't drink a bottle of cough syrup and then post on the boards, guys. I'm letting you know from experience.[/quote']

Feed the troll? I've got more posts than you do.

You're letting us know from experience..... are you a Robo' drinkin' troll?

But he was never viewed as a "shutdown" corner before last year. I kept hearing the word "bust" whenever I heard his name. How do you explain this?

Jealousy....... nah, I dont know. I've always thought he was good. I think most Cowboys fans were expecting Deion and that he is not.

Agree / disagree?

1.Sheldon Brown (PHI)

2.Terrance Newman (DAL)

3.Anthony Henry (DAL)

4.Shawn Springs (WAS)

5.Roderick Hood (PHI)

6.R.W. McQuarters (NYG)

7.Aaron Glenn (DAL)

8.Carlos Rogers (WAS)

9.Will Demps (NYG)

10.Curtis Deloatch (NYG)

R U on coke, crack or..........BOTH?

Ever heard of Lito Sheppard????

He doesnt make your top 3? (much less top 10)?

Sam Madison of the Giants doesnt make your list?

Roderick Hood is a nickel back who started when Lito went down.

Henry and Newman BOTH ahead of Springs? How....I could see Newman being ahead of Springs but not Henry...no way.

U have 3 Dallas corners in the top 7 above Madison, Sheppard and Carlos Rogers?

AND PEOPLE THINK REDSKINS FANS ARE HOMERS????

What a fraud this thread is.

R U on coke, crack or..........BOTH?

Ever heard of Lito Sheppard????

He doesnt make your top 3? (much less top 10)?

Sam Madison of the Giants doesnt make your list?

Roderick Hood is a nickel back who started when Lito went down.

Henry and Newman BOTH ahead of Springs? How....I could see Newman being ahead of Springs but not Henry...no way.

U have 3 Dallas corners in the top 7 above Madison, Sheppard and Carlos Rogers?

AND PEOPLE THINK REDSKINS FANS ARE HOMERS????

What a fraud this thread is.

Aaron Glenn belongs ahead of Rogers.

You obviously didn't read my other post that explain why I put Henry ahead of Springs..... because if you had, you would have seen that it has already been brought to my attention that I forgot about Madison and Sheppard (and that's my bad).... but it doesn't effect my top 4. Sheppard would probably be 5 and Madison 6.

Aaron Glenn belongs ahead of Rogers.

You obviously didn't read my other post that explain why I put Henry ahead of Springs..... because if you had, you would have seen that it has already been brought to my attention that I forgot about Madison and Sheppard (and that's my bad).... but it doesn't effect my top 4. Sheppard would probably be 5 and Madison 6.

thats why you carefully think out what you are going to post prior to starting a new thread.

Yeah Glenn Belongs ahead of Rogers...im Ok with that...but Anthony Henry doesnt belong ahead of Springs whatsoever. Sheppard being out of the top 3 is a joke...but its your opinion....just saying. I dont think Henry has ever sniffed a Pro Bowl...while Lito Sheppard has been there.

Archived