Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alternatives to bar/club scene

SkinsHokieFan

Ok, so I am 24 now

Yes I still enjoy partying and having a good time and listening to a great DJ, but I figure I need to figure out some other stuff to do on weekends which is entertaining, not terrible on my wallet, and something not to do with bumping into drunks at a club/bar

So, what the hell is there to do in this city on Friday and Saturday nights?

9:30 Club, Black Cat, Jaxx concerts can all be relatively cheap and there are a lot of good shows right now.

The comedy club in D.C. (name escapes me :doh: ) is really nice, I saw Mitch Hedberg there (RIP).

You can get into a Nats game for $10 and just move down to the bottom of the upper deck with ease pretty much every night.

Falls Church area has a couple of real good hookah bars, Oasis and Sphinx, if you're into that. Shisha in Sterling is real cool, too.

I might think of more stuff later, but those are pretty much my hangouts when I'm home.

The DC Improv is awesome. From what I remember when I saw Flip Orley there (hypnotist comedian), the food was fantastic to boot! (food is served like an hour or two before the early performance, I think. You'll have to call or read their site to figure that part out..) Its not cheap, but its reasonable and definitely fun to check this place out. Something a little different.

Ok, the poker thing was just me blocking.

What i like to do on a friday night is curl up with a good book, a cup of camomile tea, some light jazz playing softly, and a bag of softbatch cookies. Sometimes i also like to take a bubble bath and light like 20 Yankee candles..............alright, im done bull****ting.

Clearly more of a wintertime thing, but in high school my friends and I used to go to Caps games every once in a while. At least when we went the tickets were only $9 for the very back row, but it's really not that far off the ice and the view is still pretty good.

Some great responses everyone

I did forget to mention that yes I DO go to Nats, Os, Wizards and Caps games all the time

And I do hit up the hooka bars semi frequently

So lets talk about past 10. Anything to do besides bars and clubs, or movies even, where you can still meet people?

Some great responses everyone

I did forget to mention that yes I DO go to Nats, Os, Wizards and Caps games all the time

And I do hit up the hooka bars semi frequently

So lets talk about past 10. Anything to do besides bars and clubs, or movies even, where you can still meet people?

i take it my suggestion was a "no.?" don't worry, shf, i'm not that close to mountaineer field. :laugh:

Just keep going to bars... sober fun is no fun. :laugh:

Although... I can't help but feel drinking 3-4 nights a week is taking a toll on my mind and body. But it's either that or watch Deal or No Deal.

In all honesty though, sports games are always great- in this city there's always something happening. Nats are cheap tix too. I always buy the $7 ones. There are also TONS of shows to go to- whether of the theatrical, musical, or comedic variety. It gets expensive to make a habit of that, though.

There are plenty of things to do at home if you have the group of people already defined.

You can play poker, get together for big dinners, get together for sports events, etc. All of those are social, involve drinking, but also keep you comfortable and in the company of the people you wanted to see at the bar anyway.

However, in one of your replies you mentioned "still meeting people" which leads me to believe that you want ideas on good places to meet girls other than the bar scene. If that's the case, I can't help you bro. I had the same questions at your age and then met my wife-to-be through a mutual friend.

Archived