Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Riggins Superbowl Run

The guy who tried to tackle Riggins on that play actually ripped his fingernail off during the attempted tackle. Where the guy has a handful of jersey but eventually lets go is where the nail came off.

It's a somewhat interesting sidenote to a great Redskins play.

Wow, that makes me feel old. Tell me you haven't been born yet. That was one of the great moments of my youth.

im still fairly young so dont mean to cause stress to the old heads im still a die hard Skins Fan and I Bleed B & G blood

I Bleed B & G blood

you bleed blood? man, i would have thought you would bleed grape koolaid. I think "blood" is implied ;).

And yea, great clip. Is that from NFL films or something? Either way, I was too young to remember that but my mom told me that on some plays this season, that Portis reminded her a lot of Riggo terms of style. Do you think parallels can be drawn there or has she really not payed attention much?(I'm too young to remember Riggo playing)

It was an awsome moment. The game was hinging on that play, ( at least that was what I felt at the time when I saw the team line up for the play). I saw Riggo break a little outside and saw the safetly come up to try and stop him. For a split second I went "uh oh". Then he just kept going. By the time he hit the endzone I was already running around and jumping up and down. And I was working at the time. :)

Thanks, AlwaysLoyal. He is simply beautiful.

I had a link to those two life reaffirming Santana touchdown passes from the first Dallas game. The clip that starts at 3:55 - 4th and 15. When I tried to open the link earlier, it was unavailable on YouTube and the site said they were "retooling." I hope I haven't lost it.

Archived