Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Smartest Fans in Football

THEArmchairQB

All my life, growing up in a Redskin house, I have heard how We are the smartest fans in football. I have been told this applies to our entire fanbase as We as a whole, comprehend this game very well.

But I wanted to pose this question, as it has always bugged me. Are we really the smartest fans in football? And if we are, who gave us this distinction? Was a it a broadcaster or a team official?

Sorry if I've missed out on a piece of Redskin history and look like a fool asking these questions, but I'm only 20. I've gotta learn the answers sometime. I know I've missed out on a lot of a great history but the good news is, history repeats itself.

Hail

Announcers always say "these are the smartest fans in football" when they cheer on 3rd down on defense and don't get loud on offense.

Too bad thats about every stadium you'll ever go to.

I think every fanbase thinks that they are the smartest. When in reality when you're dealing with such a huge and represntative crowd, they're all the same just with different colors.

In reality, I don't know, There are some smarter than others, I agree that we are up there, but so are the steelers fans, and a few other teams aswell...

There are a few out there in redskin land that give us a bad name.. Just like there are a few good knowledgeable Cowboy fans even though as a whole they are one of the dumbest fanbases around...Eagles are the worst but not necessarily the dumbest....

Not on game day. Although the FedEx crowd is getting much better, it still leaves something to be desired when compared to the crowds in GB, Philly, Denver, Pittsburg, and other perenial winners.

That will change however as the Skins begin to win more.

Last year, Redskins fans came in first place in the NFL home team challenge on NFL.com. I believe Skins fans also won the Yahoo Pro Pick-em contest (Predict winners of games). Both of these were comparisons of the avg fan scores compared to fans of other teams.

This would imply we know who's gonna win and which players will make it happen.

Archived