Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Art Know About This? Barbecue Linked to Cancer

Dan T.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A compound formed when meat is charred at high temperatures -- as in barbecue -- encourages the growth of prostate cancer in rats, researchers reported on Sunday.

Their study, presented at a meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, may help explain the link between eating meat and a higher risk of prostate cancer.

It also fits in with other studies suggesting that cooking meat until it chars might cause cancer.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=healthNews&storyID=2006-04-03T033549Z_01_N02225937_RTRUKOC_0_US-CANCER-BBQ.xml

:( :mad: :doh:

What BS! Anything can be found to cause cancer...by next year it will be something else.

You know, I read that story -- the thing is, BBQ is cooked at lower temperatures. You don't "char" barbequed meat.

Exactly...low and slow baby....GRILLING may char....not barbecuing though!

I'm good with my medium rare habit but my friend who eats all meat as hard as a hockey puck level is toast. I'll inform his widow....errrr....wife.

Gah I just don't understand how that can be pleasant. Extremely well done I mean.

Relax. This is from the English. They don't know what BBQ is and what grilling is. That said, I grill too, so, I'm pretty much going to die, I just hope it's the Scotch or cigars that get me first.

Archived