Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Silent Hill..... the movie!

Destino

1156476.jpg

Radha Mitchell plays the mother of a fataly ill little girl, who can't quite accept that her daughter is dying. On a trip to meet a faith healer, she stumbles across a strange and frightening town called Silent Hill, whose inhabitants are fighting dark forces beyond their control.

R - for strong horror violence and gore, disturbing images, and some language

I can not be the only one a little excited about this. I saw the trailer when I went to see Slither this weekend and it looks like they stayed pretty close to the games story line and didn't make it into an action movie like they did with Resident Evil.

official site - http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/site/

I can not be the only one a little excited about this. I saw the trailer when I went to see Slither this weekend and it looks like they stayed pretty close to the games story line and didn't make it into an action movie like they did with Resident Evil.

official site - http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/site/

Looks interesting. Will have to check out the trailer later, at school right now.

I was so disapointed with Resident Evil. They had the plot right in front of them to make a great movie and they blew it. They also lost the chance to make some money. Zombie genre movies have been huge money makers while Hollywood has been taking a big hit.

I think this will suck. Just my opinion though. Never been able to get into movies that were originally video games.
The problem I have with most games made to movies is that arrogant sacks of crap in hollywood think that they can do better then the story line the made the game great. Resident Evil for example is a slow moving survival horror game that only quickens it's pace when all hell breaks loose. The movie however was made like an action movie with almost no slow suspense at all. The second one was even worse. Doom is another - biological outbreak? WTF is that! Doom's story line is about demons, human greed, and the isolation of the main character who finds himself waist deep in a bad situation. They turned it into a future speical forces movie.

DUDE! How can you not like the Mario Bros.? It did, afterall, have Dennis Hopper in it.

Oh my god. Funny that you say that. Me and my best friend have a long running joke about that movie.

We drank absinthe one night and watched it. I'll never forget how ****ing funny it was.

I am really looking forward to this, they have some interviews with the director and cast on IGN, sounds like it will be pretty loyal to the look and feel of the games, really can't wait to see it

I loved the Resident Evil games and had no problem with the movie. COME ON, Milla Jovovich is smokin HOT!!

Is Silent Hill the game where you had a radio and it would make noises when there was something approaching?

The Resident Evil movies were probably among some of the worst movies to come out during their respective years, even besides the horrible treatment they gave the video games. I mean seriously, who the hell is Alice, and why was she invented for these movies? Of course, the reason those movies are awful and will continue to be awful if they keep getting made is the writer/director Paul W.S. Anderson, the same hack responsible for another huge fanboy disaster- Alien Vs Predator, and apparently he's developing a Castlevania project as well. The guy's barely a step above Uwe Boll.

And yeah, Silent Hill is the game where you had the radio that would make static noises when some creepy monster was coming out of the dense fog to eat your face off. Super scary games, and the movie actually looks damn impressive with both atmosphere and faithfulness to the game, not to mention it's got money actor Sean Bean. Sign me up!

Destino,

How did you like Slither? Reviews were mixed, but it sounds original. Worth seeing or waiting for the DVD?

Wait for DVD. I should have known better then to go to a horror movie critics like - being that critics hate horror movies. It's a gory comedy more then anything else, and unless funny movies are really funny (like 40 year old virgin) I tend to dislike them.

• 3 weeks later...
I think this will suck. Just my opinion though. Never been able to get into movies that were originally video games.

i agree.......mario bros, streetfighter, tomb raider, resident evil, mortal kombat, all sucked bad......i saw a 30 second trailer for silent hill earlier though, and this actually looked half decent......but it was only a 30 second clip :D

It was not a bad movie at all - I friggin LOVED it. One of the few horror movies in recent memory that didn't sell out. If you like horror novels I don't see how you could not like this flick. This was true to the horror genre from start to finish. I'd go into it in more detail but if I did I'd give away much of what I liked about the movie.

Also I'm not sure how this flick could confuse people - it was pretty straight forward and has a lengthy part in the middle where it explains everything, which I didn't think was needed but I understand how it was helpful for people used to less complicated plots.

Critics will of course hate this movie because they look for misplaced witty dialogue, found in movies like Slither - which are horror movies that basically apologize for being horror movies by trying to make fun of themselves. If you don't like horror don't watch this movie, if you do give it a shot.

Archived