Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Which Moss is Better Debate"

LiveStrongSkins

At work everyday I am constantly arguing with this Raiders fan about which Moss is better. I am biased, and obviously so is he, so the arguments go no where. :laugh: We all know Randy Moss is gifted but last year when they demonstrated how many plays he takes off, I was convinced that I would pick Santana Moss. Also, Randy cant take the short ball to the house like Santana. All in all... too much baggage. Randy is a far better receiver when it comes to the jump ball, but Santana is more explosive and has the ability to take the 1 yard pass, 90 yards to the house. Santana will also throw a key block and return a punt when needed. Yes I'm a homer... and yes I'm taking Santana.

they are both great WRs who do very different things. randy can sprint downfield and outjump everyone for the ball, where santana can be throw that lateral and take it 78 yards to the house. its hard to say which is better since they are so much different. i'd love to have both though!

R. Moss admits to taking plays off...

nuff said

Yep, exactly. All Moss is good for is go route jump balls. He doesn't even try to run a convincing route half the time, he's terrible about going over the middle and he's just got a bad attitude. Santana all the way.

If Randy played his hardest he could be the best WR to ever play the game. Jerry Rice/Chris Carter has said this on numerous occasions. Santana has had one great year since he's been in the league. Randy puts up great numbers every year (this year was a fluke).

Now I love Santana (I wanted him here as a rookie out of the U and I loved the Coles trade before he was popular after week 2.), but Randy Moss is the best WR in the game.

If Randy played his hardest he could be the best WR to ever play the game. Jerry Rice/Chris Carter has said this on numerous occasions. Santana has had one great year since he's been in the league. Randy puts up great numbers every year (this year was a fluke).

Now I love Santana (I wanted him here as a rookie out of the U and I loved the Coles trade before he was popular after week 2.), but Randy Moss is the best WR in the game.

So is he the best in the game or would he be if he played his hardest (which he never does)? I'm sorry, I'll take the guy who'll actually play hard every snap. Randy looks completely bored and doesn't even try unless he's running a bomb. He's lazy, won't make catches over the middle and doesn't play with heart.

You're right, if he tried his hardest, he'd be the best but he doesn't, hasn't and probably never will so he's not. There are quite a few recievers I would take before R. Moss, Santana being one of them.

Santana has had one great year since he's been in the league. Randy puts up great numbers every year (this year was a fluke).

But you got to remember though, Santana never started in NY. Just as you said, he had one great year, and that's when he started, so just imagine if he started every year.

they have different styles, and last year proved that the Steve Smith/Santana Moss style is successful. I would still say Randy Moss is better though, he has proven more consistently, and has been able to get downfield just as well as Santana. As stated, his leaping ability is also tremendous, and his size adds an advantage.

I would still take Santana though, I dont think Randy woulda given us those MNF highlights.

they are both very skilled WRs and you guys are lucky the jets are morons....

with that said its Randy Moss all the way. Randy is just so much morew athletic and if he was on a solid team with a good QB, he would put up record #s. he needs out of Oakland in a bad way now with Brooks their QB.

i think we're addressing two different questions here:

1. Who is better?

At this point in their career, I would think you'd still have to give the nod to Randy.

2. Who would you rather have on your team?

Hands down Santana. Not only is one of the best in the game, but he's a team player, too. How can you not love the guy?

So is he the best in the game or would he be if he played his hardest (which he never does)? I'm sorry, I'll take the guy who'll actually play hard every snap. Randy looks completely bored and doesn't even try unless he's running a bomb. He's lazy, won't make catches over the middle and doesn't play with heart.

You're right, if he tried his hardest, he'd be the best but he doesn't, hasn't and probably never will so he's not. There are quite a few recievers I would take before R. Moss, Santana being one of them.

People dont be such homers. Moss is one of the ten best receivers of all time. Moss is not in his league. There is only one that can even compare to him playing now T.O. The rest need a few more years of off the chart stats before they can be compared. Now if you don't want him because he takes plays off then thats fine. I can understand that but he is better than Santana and on the way to the Hall of fame. When someone says moss trust me they are thinking of Randy. This comes from a Giant fan who knows Randy is better than Plaxico. Try to be unbiased when posting or admit you have a bias.

But you got to remember though, Santana never started in NY. Just as you said, he had one great year, and that's when he started, so just imagine if he started every year.
He did start in new york. Don't speak unless you know its fact.

People dont be such homers. Moss is one of the ten best receivers of all time. Moss is not in his league. There is only one that can even compare to him playing now T.O. The rest need a few more years of off the chart stats before they can be compared. Now if you don't want him because he takes plays off then thats fine. I can understand that but he is better than Santana and on the way to the Hall of fame. When someone says moss trust me they are thinking of Randy. This comes from a Giant fan who knows Randy is better than Plaxico. Try to be unbiased when posting or admit you have a bias.

I didn't say Santana was the better WR. I said I'd rather have the team player who's going to fight his guts out on every play, doesn't complain all the time when he doesn't get the ball and will go over the middle and take a hit to make a catch. If Randy gave the effort Santana gives, he'd be the best WR to ever play the game but he doesn't. Even though Randy is probably the better WR, I'd rather have Santana because I think he's better for team chemistry and while he might not be as good as Randy, I think you're more likely to win with S Moss. Randy plays the game in a selfish way, that's why Gibbs was never interested in him. He's not a Redskin's type of player and that's why, even though Randy is a more talented WR, Santana's the one I want on my team.

I didn't say Santana was the better WR. I said I'd rather have the team player who's going to fight his guts out on every play, doesn't complain all the time when he doesn't get the ball and will go over the middle and take a hit to make a catch. If Randy gave the effort Santana gives, he'd be the best WR to ever play the game but he doesn't. Even though Randy is probably the better WR, I'd rather have Santana because I think he's better for team chemistry and while he might not be as good as Randy, I think you're more likely to win with S Moss. Randy plays the game in a selfish way, that's why Gibbs was never interested in him. He's not a Redskin's type of player and that's why, even though Randy is a more talented WR, Santana's the one I want on my team.

I agree with everything you just said. An example of how Randy is, and plays the game in a selfish way, was the 2004 year, when we played the Vikings, and he walked off the field.

Don't get me wrong, Randy Moss is a great player and comparing him to Santana when both are healthy is pretty hard, but how many times is Moss injured? If he's not off the field, he's not 100% on the field. Hopefully he can prove that he won't become injury prone.

Santana hasn't really proven himself yet. Another year like last year's will definitely prove something. However, I think Santana played just as well as Randy in his better years.

Archived