Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Mike Sellers Love Thread

Matt [Redskins Fan]

I just want to remind everyone that if not for the stellar play of the Walla Walla Wecking Ball we probably would not have made it to the playoffs. Everyone's talking about all our new acquisitions, which are impressive, but it's role players like Big Mike that get you championships, not necessarily your big stud WR or safety. Look at the Patriots vs. Rams SB if you need any further evidence of that.

Mike blocks. Mike catches big 3rd down passes. Mike had, what, 6 TDs last season? My memory is a little sketchy (cough cough) but considering our offense last year, that's pretty amazing. Sure, he didn't have a lot of total yardage, but the guy is absolutely clutch.

Clinton Portis said (I'm paraphrasing here) he was the only FB he would ever want to block for him. I'd say that's pretty high praise.

Then you add in his attitude. Yes, folks, on top of all that versatility and talent, he has all the intensity and heart of a champion. In fact, I'm sure we all remember cursing him earlier in his career for playing so hard he sometimes disregarded the rules! He goes 100% on every play, selflessly, and comes right back the next play and goes 100% again. He never has a cross word to say about his teammates.

So, Mike, consider this a public apology. I have cursed you in the past, but I am man enough to admit it, and I will say in front of God and everybody that you were absolutely ESSENTIAL to our playoff run, a true core Redskin.

Plus he's cheap. How freaking sweet is that.

HTTR

I figured if we could have a freaking Ade Jimoh thread no one would flame the newbie for a Mike Sellers one. Ho ho.

All joking aside, I owe Ade (and all the little angels in heaven I killed with my profanity) an apology as well, he really came on for us last season. We had a lot of injuries. It was sink or swim time for him. A lot of them sink.

']I figured if we could have a freaking Ade Jimoh thread no one would flame the newbie for a Mike Sellers one. Ho ho.

All joking aside' date=' I owe Ade (and all the little angels in heaven I killed with my profanity) an apology as well, he really came on for us last season. We had a lot of injuries. It was sink or swim time for him. A lot of them sink.[/quote']

i thought this thread was about Sellers :laugh:?

I think Saunders changes to the offense will highlight sellers blocking. he probably won't get as many catches out of the backfield , but thats not his forte. sellers is super sweet.

Your right Saunders does not use the FB alot in the passing game, he likes to get the ball to the playmakers more, ala Portis, who will probably get 40+ balls thrown his way this year. Saunders said he was not gonna do a total overhaul of this offense, just and some new wrinkles and plays. I hope that they keep the goaline play action FB pass in there, Sellers scored on that same play 7 times. Sellers has great hands and if you pass him the ball and he catches it in full stide inside the 5, its over TD, nobody will stop him from scoring.

Gotta love a wedge buster, he certainly is a load.....:laugh:

Oh Mr. Mike Sellers, he's definetly a super star! The Philly game at FEDEX was all I needed for me to fall in love with Sellers Yeah, after watching him run over Dawkins.

I've been waiting for something like that to happen for years! Had to make sure my grammar was correct on this; I don't want to leave anything mistaken.

(Let's see here: 2 descriptive phrases: he's definitely a superstar;check, after watching him run over Dawkins; check! 1 Exclamation mark, describes excitement of the long waite; check! Introductory element, used as a proper noun; Oh Mr. Mike Sellers; check!) Ah, yeah, that's it! Next time I'll just say Beast! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Ah, yeah, that's it! Next time I'll just say Beast! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I'll just say it for you baby. BEAST! He's a beast, I tell ya! Stands over eight feet tall! Eats babies!

I'm taking you up on that one, as a matter of fact I'm ordering one now...NFLShop.com authentic! Yeah that's it....I better order a Prielow (Praylow) while I'm at it.

make sure you get the correct spelling on your Prioleau jersey right!

Anyone have a clip of Sellers spinning Terrance Newman around like top? Newman nearly dropped from quality 1st round pick back to bust status on that play alone...

what play was that? i remember dock turned him around and then betts smacked into him from behind and f-ed him up

Sellers is another of the unsung players that Gibbs uses to help him win 10 games and make noise in the playoffs. He follows the tradition of guys like Otis Wonsley, Pete Cronan, Stephen Hobbs, and Alvoid Mays.

Peter King and Pasquarelli never mention these players when they predict the order of finish but each year guys like this win a game or two along the way, with the key block or fumble recovery or blocked kick, etc.

I just hope he isn't written out of the passing game when Saunders is calling the plays. He's so clutch. I don't remember him dropping any TDs last year.

Obviously he's a blocker first, but damn, if he's batting 1.000 in the red zone, it would seem a bit counterintuitive to reduce his role there.

Admittedly, I know very little of the Saunders system except it has Coryell roots. Also, I'm sure the personnel is different enough between the two teams to warrant some adjustments.

One way or another, we know Mike will be out there busting heads, whether he's got the ball or not.

what play was that? i remember dock turned him around and then betts smacked into him from behind and f-ed him up
He was concussed on the play I'm talking about, though the one you described sounds very simmilar. I could swear it was Sellers though...

Archived