Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D-Line Rotation Set

CPstretch

with the resigning of killings and evans and the pick up of andre carter, i think our line will look like this:

DE: Daniels, Evans, Clemons

DT: Salavea, Boschetti, Aki Jones

DT: Griffin, Killings, Aki Jones

DE: Carter, Wynn, Clemons

I figure since we have the same group back from last year and added carter, either nic clemons or aki jones wont make the team. what do you guys think

with the resigning of killings and evans and the pick up of andre carter, i think our line will look like this:

DE: Daniels, Evans, Clemons

DT: Salavea, Boschetti, Aki Jones

DT: Griffin, Killings, Aki Jones

DE: Carter, Wynn, Clemons

I figure since we have the same group back from last year and added carter, either nic clemons or aki jones wont make the team. what do you guys think

i think that clemons, jones and boschetti collectively all have targets on their backs. unless each one of them can up the level of their play in preseason, they are gone. we will draft at least 1 def lineman and will sign a few after the draft. that is where the competition will come from

but remember, it took evans 3 years to solidify a position onthis team so there is still time for one or more of them to make their move. but as opposed to years past, they will really have to earn it on performance, not potential this time around. a very healthy situation

I Like it but only if Boschetti isnt injured all year

wynn and daniels are both over 30 so there is an opportunity for the younger players. boschetti had an up and down career thus far. there is likely room for only 1 more def tackle because wynn, daniels and evans can all play inside in a pinch... either jones or boschetti is gone for certain- perhaps both.

the competition will be fierce and blache should be a happy man this year..

whoever we dont sign will most likely be signed to the practice squad. Aki Jones or Nik Clemons. Clemons I can definitely see on the practice squad if he doesnt make the roster because of his brother

both of those guys have already been on our practice squad at least 1 time.. perhaps twice inthe case of clemons.. not sure if they are still eligable

add the killings resigning, and there is room for only 1 of them at best

Just 'cause he resigned doesn't mean that he's going to make the 53. I agree with a few on this board. I don't see GW + GB keeping more than 9 on the D-line rotation.

Under his bio, one of Aki Jones' accomplishments is being second team all-patriot league out of fordham. I went to Lehigh, which is in the patriot league, and if you can't make first team honors you are probably not NFL material. Hopefully he will benefit from the experience but he will have to battle for the last spot. Does anybody have a solid idea of how many lineman GW likes having. I can't remember and the depth chart is down. I assume its between 8-10.

Here's how I would rank our D lineman:

1. C. Griffin - DT

2. A. Carter - DE

3. R. Wynn - DE/DT

4. P. Daniels - DE

5. J. Salave'a - DT

6. D. Evans - DE/DT

7. C. Killings - DT

8. R. Boschetti - DT

9. N. Clemons - DE

10 A. Jones - DT

I can't even see a place where a late round draft-pick could fit in, except for DE maybe. We have four solid ones and N Clemons.

Archived