Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would this work??

kylecoursey

Just a thought but how about putting Robert McCune inside then moving Lemar Marshall back outside with Marcus Washington on the strong side.Then we could still draft a LB for depth. I think McCune is one bad mo fo or atleast in the weight room. Any thoughts?

I dislike that idea intensely. The main reason being, the MLB is the man who is the captain of the defense. He is in charge, he calls the plays(usually) and he is the one who sets people up in the right position. The last thing you want is a non-vet jumping into that position based on his physical ability(it would be another thing if he was a mental specimen). He is the captain and the core of that defense, you want a veteran because otherwise your defense is gonna be in disarray.

Guest santana4prez
Just a thought but how about putting Robert McCune inside then moving Lemar Marshall back outside with Marcus Washington on the strong side.Then we could still draft a LB for depth. I think McCune is one bad mo fo or atleast in the weight room. Any thoughts?

I would love to see Mccune start I think he is gonna be a beast. I wish Gregg Williams would start him and move Marshall outside that would mean Williams thinks it would work since he knows so much about defensive packages etc. If I saw Williams start Mccune that would show me he has faith the Mccune can be just as good as Marshall or Pierce when he was here. Marshall was just as good outside so it would be a plus.

It really dont matter though as long as we win,and I think Marshall will stay at MLB but I would like to see Mccune in action.:helmet:

given the level of marshall's performance late last year, that would likely weaken 2 positions. marshall has really taken to the middle and brings rare athleticism and a former safeties hands..

mccune has to prove he is more than just a special teamer. this will be an important camp for him

It could... but is there any reason McCune would be better than Clemons?

i think clemons has proved himself to be far better a pass rusher. this is his chance to prove he can be a 3 down linebacker. it will be a big camp for him. he needs to stay healthy

like we have said many a times on this board...mccune is a MLB, but is unproven. thus, he does not have a very good chance to win the starting job

marshall was undrafted, unproven, and playing out of position.. a real long shot. but he persevered. that is what mccune must do.

i agree that he is much more of a down hill player but he has enough speed to play inside or outside.

I would love to see Mccune start I think he is gonna be a beast. I wish Gregg Williams would start him and move Marshall outside that would mean Williams thinks it would work since he knows so much about defensive packages etc. If I saw Williams start Mccune that would show me he has faith the Mccune can be just as good as Marshall or Pierce when he was here. Marshall was just as good outside so it would be a plus.

It really dont matter though as long as we win,and I think Marshall will stay at MLB but I would like to see Mccune in action.:helmet:

it is mccunes head that i sthe question mark. the mlb has to make all the calls in williams defense. marshall was terrific at it later inthe year. nothing that mccune did last year showed he would be ready to take over that role

I couldn't personally tell you if it would work, I don't get to see him study,practice or train near enough to make that call, but if he's able I'm sure the coaches will pick up on it! It sure would be great to get that beast out on the field more. :cheers:

Sure it could, but after they cut McCune last year that told me he wasn't as good as they originally expected. They resigned him but he didn't even contribute on special teams last year. So saying that he could step right into a starting role is going a little bit overboard IMO. Some people see this guy and his huge muscles and fall in love, alot like 40 times, it means nothing when talking about a good football player.

I dont understand why so many people are high on Mccune. He was cut last year and went to the practice squad. He didnt do much in presesaon last year. Why do a lot of people think he would be a good LB?

Everyone is just amazed at his speed and raw strength. He was kind of old (26) for a rookie and is not extremely polished (his head is a huge question mark)... but it's hard to get past the fact that he is an absolute monster on the track and in the weight room.

Guest santana4prez
it is mccunes head that i sthe question mark. the mlb has to make all the calls in williams defense. marshall was terrific at it later inthe year. nothing that mccune did last year showed he would be ready to take over that role

I agree, I said at the end of my post I thought Marshall would stay at MLB. That was my reason b/c MLB is the captain of the defense. It was more wishful thinking b/c of Mccunes physical ability. I also think Clemons can step up , my post was just a wishful thought if Mccune could make the switch this season.

I actually would like to see Mccune try to push Clemons for OLB even though he is better suited at MLB.

Archived