Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LATE ROUND GEM: Troy Bienemann,TE/H-Back, Washington State

RamsTheMan

270637.jpgTROY BIENEMANN, TE/H-BACK, Washington State

Measurements: 6'4,259,4.8 40

Strengths:

Has excellent size and a big frame...Shows good quickness and athleticism...Top threat as a pass catcher who excels at moving the chains...Can be a force in the red zone...Has good, reliable hands...Does a nice job as a blocker...Smart player with top intangibles...May be an even better pro prospect as a long snapper.

Weaknesses:

Is not very strong or physical...Has been productive but never put up the huge season you thought he was capable of...More of a solid but unspectacular player than the dynamic option teams are looking for these days...Struggled through assorted minor injuries for most of his career and blew out his knee as a senior.

• He is a player at the tight end position that shows good potential for the next level,great blocker
  • He is a better than average athlete, with excellent size, with good hands and mobility for a player of his size, and a player the quarterback can rely on in crucial conversion downs
  • He is a big and rugged tight end, who brings a physical style of play to his opponents, and who is quicker after the catch than you would think, along with providing the ability to accumulate (YAC) yards after catch, an added value many teams will covet in the draft
  • I still would like more game action of him to finalize my evaluation on him
  • Most Similar to Christian Fauria, as far as play.

Troy, while not a sexy pick, is a tough blocker and a consistant pass catcher. He's most likely a 6th Round to FA, but sleeping on him would be a mistake. Though he has had minor injuries, it has not affected his solid and consistant blocking and pass catching. He's a hard worker, that can turn out to be a reliable starter if developed correctly.

160908.jpgbienemann.jpg

spt_10_cougs_gamer.IMG_09-10-2005_V45FK5A.jpg

The author of this scouting report, does he have multiple personalities??

Is not very strong or physical...

Then he states a few paragraphs later....

He is a big and rugged tight end, who brings a physical style of play to his opponents,

Which is it? :whoknows:

The author of this scouting report, does he have multiple personalities??

Then he states a few paragraphs later....

Which is it? :whoknows:

i was thinkin the same thing. sounds good also like the fact that "Top threat as a pass catcher who excels at moving the chains...Can be a force in the red zone...Has good, reliable hands...Does a nice job as a blocker...Smart player with top intangibles" especially the part of the smart player with top intangibles part, sounds like a joe gibbs type of a guy. nice research. i wouldnt mind picking him up with one of our 6th round draft choices.

Archived