Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Design

G-Prime

Now that I'm retired and my businesses are some what taking care of themselves I'm finding my creative juices flowing. I'm never the type to be able to sit and do nothing. I'm a great writer but writing doesn't really interest me.

Anyone know of how someone would get into producing games. Coming up with the stories and then relaying them to artists and programmers? I've got fantastic ideas I just don't know where to go with them

I don't know how to break into the business, but I'd definitely look into getting what you have copyrighted, or how fleshed-out your ideas have to be to make that possible. There'd be nothing worse than having one of your ideas stolen and marketed.

Now that I'm retired and my businesses are some what taking care of themselves I'm finding my creative juices flowing. I'm never the type to be able to sit and do nothing. I'm a great writer but writing doesn't really interest me.

Anyone know of how someone would get into producing games. Coming up with the stories and then relaying them to artists and programmers? I've got fantastic ideas I just don't know where to go with them

I hope you get the help you want, because as the poster above said, "Nothing worse than having an idea stolen from you." I have a question...Retired at 30 or so??? Dude, help me out...I want the same gameplan. :D

Seriously...retired at 30?!?

Besides, the idea is only stolen if someone heard it before making it a product... Its not stolen if they have the same idea.

Depending on the types of games, I'd look at different software companies and find some project managers or someone who makes decisions about this. If you retired this early, you probably have a decent chunk of change to have a little up-front investment.

Think about the ideas you have. What category would they fall under (fantasy, RPG, sports, action, military etc.) Once you decide what category they fall under, find the company that produces games of that sort, and contact them with your questions.

They will most likely know where to redirect you.

Awesome thoughts guys.. I will definately check out RPG Maker and research gaming companies more thoroughly.

As far as being retired at 30. Well I made quite a bit of money from the time I was 22 till about a year ago.. Being raised the way I was, I am very cheap lol so I had managed to save several million dollars and had some family help investing in stocks and local business opprotunities. Things just worked out.

For the younger fellas be smart with your money. You will make your life easier by saving your money and investing it somewhere. Hell if you manage to save 10,000 dollars by the time your 18 put that into something low risk that yields 3-5% start college by the time your done you'll have a nice chunk of change. Won't be a huge amount but it's 3-5% you didn't have before. Never snuff at 1% profit. Profit is profit where ever you can get it, it's money you didn't have before. Always look at gain as exactly that.. Gain... No matter how big or small. When your 30-35 you'll be way better off.

Guest Gichin13

If you are serious, I would suggest checking the quarter to three forums out:

http://www.quartertothree.com/

You have to apply and get approved by Tom Chick, the moderator, to post. He actually is pretty prompt as gatekeeper.

That forum has a fair number of folks active in game design, production, and reviews. Interesting group as well, I am sure folks over there would have a lot of good input on this question.

Archived