Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question For DirecTV users

f_trizzy

Can anyone tell me how much the sports pack is per month? I'm not talking about Sunday Ticket or anything like that, just the sports pack that gives you the different Fox Sports Nets etc from around the country. I thought it was $10 a month last year but now I can't find a price for it and it used to be listed right on their site. Any help would be appreciated.

Moving to Wilmington, NC in 5-6 weeks and I'm definitely going to Direct TV. I've lived with the occasional Skins game not being broadcasted until my father got Direct TV(and the NFL Gameplan) years ago. So I am definitely not used to going thru a Saturday without watching my Buckeyes and if I get the College plan, you can bet your sweet ass I'm going to get the NFL plan.

Moving to Wilmington, NC in 5-6 weeks and I'm definitely going to Direct TV. I've lived with the occasional Skins game not being broadcasted until my father got Direct TV(and the NFL Gameplan) years ago. So I am definitely not used to going thru a Saturday without watching my Buckeyes and if I get the College plan, you can bet your sweet ass I'm going to get the NFL plan.

Yeah I couldn't imagine living without Sunday Ticket and getting forced to watch the games your cable provider gives you. For me I always got the Eagles, when they weren't on then it was the Skins but that was only like maybe 5 times a year. Now I get to see them every week!!!

Guest sith lord
Im buying it just for NESN to get the Red Sox coverage. Thanks for the help guys.

Are you sure they'll actually show the games, because when I had it, MLB and NBA games were blacked out.

I get HBO and the Sports Pack.,listed at 23.00 for both on my bill.I don't even know how much they cost each.

I pay 23 bucks for the Sopranos and the Golf channel,which is the only reason I have HBO&SP.

The first package costs you $12. The second one is $11. The next one, if you desire, will be $10, and so on.

Are you sure they'll actually show the games, because when I had it, MLB and NBA games were blacked out.

They better show the Red Sox games. I'm just assuming that NESN will show all the Sox games like YES shows the Yankees.

I think they black out the games, and that you need MLB Extra Innings to get them.

that is correct. All professional sports are blacked out in outside markets. So all you get is the filler programming and most of the college sports that are shown. But unless you live in Boston area you will only see Red Sox games with MLB Extra Innings and if you buy that you do not have to buy the sports pak.

The Sports pack is a waste of money IMO. I've tried it a few times. It always looks good when you're going through the program guide because all these games are listed...then when you switch to them they're blacked out because DirecTV wants you to buy MLB or NHL or NCAA package.

For me, the regional sports package is great for Comcrap Sportsnet so I can watch the Wizards and other DC area based local sports. NESN won't show the Sox games unless your local to Boston, you'll have to get the MLB package to watch all outta market games (same for NBA, NFL).

Also, I thought last year, DirecTV took the Golf Channel off the sports package and included it in the Premium Package (along with some other channels, but don't know which others). I'm not sure which package includes all the ESPNs (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN Classic), but b/c I subscribe to almost all premium channels, I get them all.

Archived