Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best secondary

WVUforREDSKINS

I was just thinking about our secondary (assuming ST is there) and wondering who looks better than that? I mean AA, Sean Taylor are probably gonna be the best safety pair in football and then we have two good corners in Carlos Rogers and Shawn Springs?

I don't know who is better than that. They will be even better if our D-line can get to the QB and tip balls like they did last year. What other secondary will be as good as ours?

As much as I'd hate to say it, the eagles. Everyone on their secondary but Brown been to a Pro-Bowl. Not that I think it's more than a popularity contest, but I think their secondary skill-wise as a whole matches or slighty tops ours. Dawkins=where Taylor should be next season, Lewis may not hit as hard as Archuleta, but he can cover pretty well. I'd say Springs has an edge over Lito, but Shawn is getting up there in age. Rogers has yet to fully prove himself so Brown takes that one.

Our secondary is good and has a good young core with Taylor and Rogers but it's far from the best. The Balitmore Ravens 3 returning starters in Reed, McAlister, and Rolle are all pro bowlers. Philly's secondary also has 3 pro bowlers and their other could be there some day too.

I've heard he makes Matt Stevens look good in coverage.

He was playing out of position last season, which is why he looked bad a lot of the time. Defending the pass is not his strength; he is best utilized when blitzing or up in the box run-stuffing. Sure he'll have to drop into pass-coverage at times, but I wouldn't surprised to see him take a seat in obvious passing situations. Of course you can't get much worse than Bowen...

Archived