Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Redskins retain free agent end Evans

JimmiJo

What once was a weakness on this team, the defensive line is now a strength. Will high quality depth as well, I'm stoked!!!!

Now get me another CB and I am happy with this defense overall.

Ummm...WLB? Or are we just assuming D'Qwell is already on the team :).

Just kidding around.:cheers: This is a GREAT re-signing. Evans is an outstanding depth player imho.

This has seriously been our best off-season in a long long long time. First, we seriously upgraded an already outstanding coaching staff with Saunders and Gray. We filled our major holes (WR, Pass-Rushing DE) with really nice, young players with the potential to get better; have kept everyone of significance except Ryan Clark who I was sad to see go but we did upgrade with Arch, so no complaints there (and no, Royal does not count as significant, those drops made me nauseous whenever the ball was thrown his way); and now we are filling out with solid depth (last time with OL, now DL, looks like corner should be settled too).

Let's draft ourselves a starting LB in the 2nd round, fill out the rest of the draft with some depth/project/practice squad picks for the future, and get to training camp baby. MAN that first MNF Game against the Vikings cannot get here fast enough, I cannot wait, just can't wait.

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

This is what coaching continuity does for you. Role players remain with the team.

Signing big names is great and all, but it's just as important to have the supporting cast. We haven't had that in a long time around here.

Smart man. Fishes the waters, and realizes where the best place to drop his line is, right here in DC. Do you think that LA had anything to do with his decision process?

It's great to have him, and keeps depth where we need it. Thank you Mr. Evans for making the best decision, and staying here, where you will win a championship. Isn't that what you really want on your resume?

this is a major event for the skins. Evans is a Gibbs/Williams type player who plays DE/Dt has gotten better and better and is still very young. our old d-line now has some young studs in the mix which we needed. he gives us some speed and shows signs of becoming a very good pass rusher. the more he has played the better he has played.

I couldnt agree more. We have done a great job of keeping the Offensive and Defensive lines intact. We're building a lot of chemistry!

Okay. Been away for a few days, ( leave that alone ;) ), and this is some pleasant news to come back too. Evans returning is another good sign in keeping the team intact for the most part. Sign some key free agents to fill in the holes where needed with different or better players and keep some holes from developing by re-signing some of the fellows who have already been around.

Archived