Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Evans Will Re-Sign With The Redskins

JimmiJo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/31/AR2006033101656.html

Evans Will Re-Sign With The Redskins

Saturday, April 1, 2006; Page E02

Unrestricted free agent defensive lineman Demetric Evans is re-signing with the Washington Redskins, according to his agent, Jordan Woy . Evans, whose versatility and work ethic have endeared him to teammates and coaches, filled in at end and tackle last season and solidifies a defensive line that added talented pass rusher Andre Carter this offseason.

Woy would not comment on the length or sum of Evans's contract. Evans drew interest from several teams and visited San Francisco and New Orleans.

Evans, 26, has five years of experience.

Woy also represents free agent linebacker Keith Adams , and said he has had several conversations with the Redskins regarding that client. The Redskins also are considering re-signing veteran free agent linebacker Warrick Holdman , according to a source. Several league sources said they expect the team to seek an outside linebacker with its first pick in April's draft (second round). . . .

Click on link for full article...

I think the signing of Evans and the visit of Fletcher is pointing to the Skins clearing the decks for the drafting of an outside linebacker at #53 in Round 2 :)

depth on the DL and a #3 corner were the other items on the shopping list and they are getting filled here in the weeks before the draft.

what could haveing holdman on the team hurt? i thought he was a good special teams player. maybe he can do the kerry campbell role. noone said he would start (or be signed by that matter) and if he is signed and he wins the job in training camp.........good for him and us.

what could haveing holdman on the team hurt? i thought he was a good special teams player. maybe he can do the kerry campbell role. noone said he would start (or be signed by that matter) and if he is signed and he wins the job in training camp.........good for him and us.

What could hurt? He could play...

What could hurt? He could play...

the only way holdman would play is if he earned the right to. if he wins the job over mccune, clemons, campbell, and the probabal rookie that we will draft, would you rather have him in there or the people that LOST THE JOB TO HIM???:idea:

Im secretly hoping we draft another corner or a D lineman with our #2 pick.

I hope that we draft a CB since a good one is much harder to find than a good OLB. There should be at least one of the following pretty good CBs available when we pick.

Ashton Youboty

Richard Marshall

Kelly Jennings

Cedric Griffin

If he wins in training camp that is saying somthing about our linebacker corps. That guy couldnt stop the run if his life depended on it. He gets blocked by wide recievers, takes bad angles, and missies too many tackles to be concidered effective. I really hope the Post is wrong about this.

I don't see McCune developing into a full time starter this year and Campbell is more of a special teams guy.

I'd like to see us either get a cheap vet or maybe teach Clemons the spot and draft someone.

....Our D-line is now looking pretty good

DE's - Carter, Daniels, Evans, Clemons

DT's - Griffin, Salvea, Wynn, Killings, Boschetti

If he wins in training camp that is saying somthing about our linebacker corps. That guy couldnt stop the run if his life depended on it. He gets blocked by wide recievers, takes bad angles, and missies too many tackles to be concidered effective. I really hope the Post is wrong about this.

lets wait and see if he even gets signed befor the holdman discussion starts.....

This is an outstanding re-signing. Evans provides depth at DE and DT and is certainly capable of being a starter at DE. With the age of Wynn and Daniels, and the retirement of Noble, this is a great move. The Redskins could stand pat at DL now for the season with Carter, Daniels, Wynn, Evans, Clemons, Griffin, Salave'a, Killings, Boschetti, and Jones.

Actually, that's probably too many DL to keep. We know that Carter, Daniels, Evans, Griffin, and Salave'a are all but guaranteed to make the team. I suspect Wynn will make it as well. That's 6 spots taken and on the outside are Nic Clemons, Cedrick Killings, Ryan Boschetti, and Aki Jones. I'm not sure how many DL were on the active roster last year, but I'm guessing it couldn't have been more than 8.

As a result, I don't see the Redskins going DL in the 2nd unless there's an outstanding value there (Watson, Wright, etc.) since the roster is fairly set.

Archived