Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt Harris Underated?

TE#80

Remember San Diego!

Drew Brees to any of his WRs on a 15 yard out/hitch all day long.

Walt was solid for us, most of the time... but by far he was the most picked on of our CBs. I'd rather have Ade or a younger version of Walt Harris who might be able to improve on the team.

when you are the weak link, people will throw the ball your way and you have more a chance to make plays, if he was a shut down corner, they would avoid his side and he wouldnt have those stats

You said it, right on the nail as a matter of fact. It's the same reason why Roy Williams tends to have better stats than ST...nobody wants to throw to ST's side of the field, so he cant make those plays all the time.

In only 13 games last season Harris had more tackles than both Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers,

He also had more Passes Deflected.

I guess some people didn't like him. Personally, I would have liked to see the team retain him, I liked his physical presence in the secondary. But, I also am not going to disagree with the decision to let him go because I don't get paid to make these decisions and I certainly could not have coached the team into the playoffs nor could I have coached any team to 3 superbowl victories. The Redskins are certainly headed in the right direction and I really don't have any grief with any of the decisions made since Coach Gibbs returned.

when you are the weak link, people will throw the ball your way and you have more a chance to make plays, if he was a shut down corner, they would avoid his side and he wouldnt have those stats

agree 100% hes not underrated but hes ok. he aint better then springs or rogers.

Harris was released for a combination of reasons, money and poor performance. In the end he was a cap-casualty but his struggles on the outside in man coverage made it an easy decision. He has clearly lost a step, and although he makes an ideal NB we need a more reliable backup, who must most importantly, have a lower cap #.I have a feeling Wright will be signed and he will be better than Walt.

I thought he played great against the Cowboys on Monday Night. But toward the middle of the season, he started missing tackles, taking terrible angles, not wrapping up, overrunning plays...he needed to play with more control I thought. I think it's mental with him, he's got the physical skills.

Archived