Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOXsports: 'Monday Night' slate gets off to bad start (merged)

skinfan09

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5458196

apparently we are creampuff teams that are not good enough to start off the seasons first monday night football team. they should wait until after preseason before they call a team a "creampuff".:mad: :mad: :mad:

QUOTE from the article--

"The 2004 NFC champion Eagles made their way into the prime time, season-opening lineup last year. While the Chargers and Raiders are always a compelling matchup, neither team made the playoffs last year. And where's the sizzle behind Minnesota vs. Washington?'' !!!:redpunch:!!!

I think his biggest beef was with the kickoff times. As far as "where's the sizzle?", I don't think the Redskins ARE a sexy team, at least not yet. I'm really happy to see them on MNF, but I can see where others might not. Especially since the track record of the last 10 or 15 years (with the exception of last year an 1999) has not been kind to the 'Skins. When we start showing off some offence and put points on the board, people will come around, and be glad that our team was scheduled for prime time.

I agree with this.

And if the league really wanted to save time and increase the percentage of correct calls, why not have the official up top review every challenge. This way we don't have to waste time with the referee huddling up with the coach who issued the challenge, then running over to the booth and then finally seeing the play. Often, the lead referee isn't the one who made the call in question anyway. Putting the upstairs ref in charge of every replay would be a step in the right direction for the NFL.

this also takes the pride or ego factor out of having to admit he made a wrong call.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :redpunch: :redpunch: :redpunch: :redpunch: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :finger: :shutup: :shutup: :censored: :censored: :no: :insane: :gang: :security: :security: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :nono: :nono: :laythehur :laythehur :doh1: :doh1: :doh1: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :whippin: :whippin: :nutkick: :loser: :moon: :moon: :stfu: :stfu: :stfu: :stfu: :stfu: :kungfu: :kungfu: :anon: :pooh: :nutkick: :loser: :loser: :bsflag:

im guessing that i took this article the wrong way cause non of you seem to have a problem with it........i still dont think that they should call teams "creampuffs" before they know how good that they really are. and as far as i know the skins made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs right?!?

I don't think he meant it has to be saying that neither team is good, I just think he means where are the compelling storylines we are used to for opening week.

Here you have Eli vs Peyton on Sunday night, Big Ben vs Daunte on opening night, even the Chargers and Raiders is a compelling division rivalry, there is passion and hatred there, but why us and the Vikings? There reall is not kind of heated rivalry there or compelling storyline there other than the Vikings getting a mudhole stomped in their ass. With Daunte gone a year after Randy gone, the Vikings won't be paid much attention to, so I think everyone is surprised they are on the opening Monday night kickoff game.

I think one reason why they picked the Redskins/Vikings to play that first game is, they both were pretty active in the free agency this year. And to the creampuff comment, all I can say is, why do you freaking care what anybody says about the Redskins. Media types do not define the Redskins. The team can handle that just fine on their own.

I don't think he took a shot at the Redskins. He just feels that the defending NFC Champs (Seattle) should have been headlined on primetime. Just think about it. Unless you're a Redskins or Vikings fan, where is the excitement in this matchup? It's not like the two teams are playing in a playoff or Super Bowl rematch.

Not going to be much of a game at all against the vikes.You will see fundamental football from the Skins.Portis will run,run,run and run some more and you will see two or three deep balls.The defense will keep the vikes in check.Gibbs will not show his schemes early and will save the good stuff for the divisional rivals.I can see the score being skins17 vikes 7.

I missed the "creampuff" comment as well.

I wonder if the powers that be can do something about a post full of smilys? Talk about a complete waste of space. There should be a limit to how many of those icons you can use in one post.

:2cents:

Archived