Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So...are the Giants good or Rams bad?

@DCGoldPants

I'll say a little of both but I think the Ram's "Greatest Show on Turf" label is wearing thin.

That Seahorn INT for TD was a nice tip with being in the right place at the right time.

I feel good that order is returning the to NFL.

Rams are losing again and the NFC East won both their games with 1 winning tomorrow night. (US)

I'd say the Giants are a lot better than people thought and the Rams are definitely not as good as people thought. But, being a Giants fan, I'd like to think the Giants are just a lot better than thought. :D

But seriously, the Giants D is faster and that played a big role. The Giants offense can finally pass the ball and the offensive line is playing very well considering how young they are. I'm very giddy right now with Giants football. Their schedule is not that tough over the next four weeks and can beat any one of their next four opponents. I'll even take 3-1 in the next four games. 4-2 would be nice. Of course, 5-1 would be even better!!

The Rams need to win a physical game. They haven't done that yet.

The Giants are a very physical team and proved that it is time to be a little nervous playing the NFC East this year.

Hell the 'Girls beat a tough Titans team.

Smashmouth football is on its way back and we (East) are leading the way. IMHO.

defense really seems to be playing inspired ball tom. the big suprise for me is Collins and the offense. they seem to be clicking. Especially Collins. Seems to be comfortable out there these days. Ball is being delivered accuratedly and for the most part, precisely. Hilliard seems to be coming back from his injury nicely as well. Overall, through now, playing well.

I can't tell you a thing about the giants, but I can tell you that the rams are worse than bad right now. The defense made collins, hilliard and toomer look like, bradshaw, lynn and stallworth. On the missed fumble call, barber was lined up out wide and no one was anywhere near him on the rams D. He was left all by himself. While I can only assume that warner, faulk et al are still talented dropped passes, fumbles and interceptions would indicate otherwise. The right side of the rams OL is a huge question mark. I could go on forever about how this team has fallen but, I'm tired.

It's looking like the rams may be trying to play the roll of spoilers by the end of November.

Tell you what I saw ... that Kurt Warner's bad throwing hand is a huge, HUGE problem for the Rams. The Warner I saw today -- and a bit of last week -- is simply not the same guy I saw explode into the league a couple years ago. He has no velocity, no pop. His ball is not the crisp spiral it was. And I don't see that he or Martz has adjusted to that reality.

All of which translates into those 20-yard crossing passes that 2 years ago hit Bruce in stride and on the numbers, allowing him to make the first guy miss and be off to the races, is now getting there just a beat late, and/or forcing Isaac to reach ... and allowing defenders to make the play.

Me, I just don't see the Warner magic happening, and I think the injury is far more limiting to him than he or the team is letting on.

Combine that with 2 tough defenses out of the gate ... and you've got just another team on your hands. Gonna be very interesting indeed to see Martz play the hand he's apparently been dealt.

As it were. :)

In a season where most scouts agree that there are no great teams out there and there is very little difference between 10 good teams that can win the Super Bowl...I agree with OM and believe that a bad thumb will cost the Rams dearly, and in fact send them back to the middle of the pack.

The Redskins and Spurrier have a chance to get closer to the top of the pack, as long as we stay healthy, limit turnovers, and play each game with maximum effort and intensity. This is deja-vu! This was our same recipe for Super Bowl win number one in 1982. The Redskins have a chance this year to make some noise, and it will begin with tonight's triumph over the Eagles.

THE GIANTS ARE MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT. IF THEY WOULD ONLY STOP HANDING THE BALL OF TO RON DAYNE.....:laugh: COLLINS HAS 5 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH 300+ PASSING YARDS.

THE RAMS ON THE OTHER HAND JUST SEEMED CONFUSED. MARTZ'S PLAY CALLING IS TERRIBLE. HERE'S A HINT GIVE THE DAMN BALL TO FAULK AND YOU WILL WIN GAMES. INSTEAD HE PREFERS TO BE CUTE AND LOSE:puke:

Well, the cute play of the Rams has plowed over teams for three years now, except for the last three games they have played; one to the defending NFL champs and the others to what look to be two solid teams this year. The Rams need to do what they do best and that's playing cute. When Martz goes into his traditional coaching cocoon and they get out of their offense, good things usually don't happen.

A good line makes up for a lot of shortcomings. Danny Ford once said he would rather have an offensive line than a quarterback. There is a lot of truth to that.

One thing to consider also is.....The Rams have a lot tougher schedule this year than in any of the other 3 when they were dominating. Truth is, confidence is beating the weak teams and getting by the good teams by virtue of the home game or key injuries.

After the Rams won the SB, they had such a soft schedule it was pathetic. Speaking of soft, the year they won the SB they had even a softer 5th place schedule...Skins always had the EAST to contend with....enough said!

HTTR

The Giants are a living example of how valuable a good front four is on defense. They don't need to blitz to generate pressure, and so their only-decent back seven can simply play their game. They have a good, solid all-around team, the kind that can go 7-9, or can go 10-6, or 11-5 and win a playoff game if they get on a roll. They certainly don't suck, but they also don't have the ability to dominate somewhere in their game such that I can envision them winning it all. (Then again, who knows after NE last year???) I'm still not sold on their offense, but they always play tough, and they can certainly beat any team that's making mistakes against them like the Rams were doing.

redman,

Their oinly decent back seven??? The Giants LBer's and CB's are only decent? I would beg to differ. The Will's are pretty d@mn good. They stayed with the Rams receivers one on one pretty much the whole game. And I don't care how much the offense is not functioning, the Rams' receivers are still very fast. This proves to me that both Allen and Petersen are more than just decent. They could develop into shut down corners. They are not there yet but in the next year they could be. But they are more than decent now. Stoutmire is a lot better than I thought and we all know how good Shaun Williams is.

As for the LB's, Dhani Jones ran down Faulk in the backfield before he got to the line of scrimmage. Armstead would not have been able to do that as he showed last year. Brandon Short actually caught Faulk too. Barrow played well. He isn't as fast as he used to be but he is a presence in the middle.

I would definitely say the Giants back seven is definitely more than just decent. They make the front four even better by having good coverage and solid run support. Jeff Garcia admitted after the 49er game that he didn't have an open receiver all day with the exception at the end to Owens. Anytime Warner threw the ball with the exception of two plays yesterday, there was a Giant right next to him. And the DB's can tackle.

I had to argue your statement because I've watched the Giants' first two games and the LB"s and DB's are definitely better than decent. At least so far.

I live in Jersey and get to see every Giant Game. Their back seven is pretty sweet. Will Peterson was a steal in Round 3. They would be set if they had taken Smoot in Round one ( he would have taken the big apple by storm) but I'm not gonna nit-pick. Will Allen is serviceable if not spectacular.

They are pretty young except for Barrow and should get better with a little seasoning. Maybe Accorsi isn't so dumb after all?

Archived