Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins tidbit from Rick Spielman ESPN chat

macnoke03

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11242

JC DC: Rick, How do you think the NFC East shakes out this year? Are you part of the ludicrous TO was a good move camp and the Cowboys will be a superbowl contender? The MSM of the sports media is so funny. The Cowboys were ok last yr but got crushed a few times towards the end of the season. They will not be much better this year. thanks.

sn2.gifRick Spielman: (4:06 PM ET ) I am not a T. O. fan. I think he will bring down the Cowboys eventually. If he had issues with McNabb, he have plenty more with Bledsoe. They still have offensive line issues. Drew caqn't move in the pocket and if he spends most of the game on his back it won't matter if they have TO or not. I think the team to beat at this time is the Wash Redskins. With the addition of Saunders as OC and the playmakers they addedat wr they should be a much more explosive offense

Harry(baltimore): Hey Rick! I was wondering why the media loves to bash the Redskins when they overspend but when a team like seattle overspends for a #2 wide receiver nothing is said.

sn2.gifRick Spielman: (4:38 PM ET ) Wash has spent big in the past and the results were poor. Seattle just made it to the Super Bowl. Wash will continue to be questioned until the money spent shows results, which I think it will this year

Umm, by this analogy Brunell would be the hammer and the barrell, I guess.

Campbell would be the schematics and blueprints for a newer and better gun.

How's that?

LOL good one. How about: Saunders is the hand that fires the gun, Brunell is the actual gun, and Moss, Lloyd, Patten, and R El are the high powered, armor piercing, FMJ rounds shot out of that gun.

How's that?

That's a good answer. I would say that Brunnell and Campbell (whoever is on the field) will be the trigger. You have to squeeze them at times (figuratively speaking) in order for it all to work.

wouldn't the WRs be the targets? The ball is the bullet...

MC

I would have to disagree. The receivers are making the impact in the game not the ball. The ball is no good if no one carries it. The target is the end zone.

By the way, I'm not trying to start an argument over semantics (sp?). :cheers:

I would have to disagree. The receivers are making the impact in the game not the ball. The ball is no good if no one carries it. The target is the end zone.

By the way, I'm not trying to start an argument over semantics (sp?). :cheers:

I'm thinking that the target is the opposing team. One by one we'll gun them down... :silly:

How's that?

Not bad. :applause: Way to think fast... :)

Hopefully this will prove to be true. GO Saunders and GO whoever our quarterback is next season. :applause:

Archived