Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I had breakfast with Joe Gibbs this morning

Boots

Well.....me and about 2000 other people. It was a very nice affair. He talked about his faith and :point2sky football. Got to shake hands with him and he signed a copy of his book. Seems like a truly nice person. I can see why players are so motivated to play for him. He was a very interesting speaker. Sorry no pics!:doh: Nothing much else to add, just thought I'd gloat a little!:cheers:

Well.....me and about 2000 other people. It was a very nice affair. He talked about his faith and :point2sky football. Got to shake hands with him and he signed a copy of his book. Seems like a truly nice person. I can see why players are so motivated to play for him. He was a very interesting speaker. Sorry no pics!:doh: Nothing much else to add, just thought I'd gloat a little!:cheers:

i envy you the experience.. congrats...

Art Monk will make it into the hall of fame. I think sometimes fans seem to think there are dealt a bad hand. It may take more time, but he will be recognized and be honored. The writers that are holding back, will eventually retire, or die, and new ones will vote. Patience is a virtue that is so hard to accept.

Art Monk will make it into the hall of fame. I think sometimes fans seem to think there are dealt a bad hand. It may take more time, but he will be recognized and be honored. The writers that are holding back, will eventually retire, or die, and new ones will vote. Patience is a virtue that is so hard to accept.

What you posted was a decent post, and I agree. But I'm baffled by the placement in this thread. :whoknows:

But staying on topic. I wish I still lived in NoVA so I could go to team events like that.

Yeah, I was there also. It was great to meet him. I definitely can see how he can motivate his players. Listening to him speak it really makes me feel like the Redskins are on the right path now. I have some photos of the siginings that I'm going to post in a minute. :)

that's awesome dude. Where was it at?

He was at Liberty Baptist Church in Hampton, VA this morning at 7:30am.

The breakfast actually started at 6am, but his plane circled Patrick Henry airport for about an hour and a half while it waited for the fog to clear. It was a VERY foggy morning! :)

He talked a lot about the parallels between God and the game of football. I'm paraphrasing here, this all happened this morning so I'm doing my best to recall what he said:

He started out with the question:

"What is one thing you have to have to have a good football team?"

His answer: A coach. Who is life's coach? God.

"What is something else you have to have to have a good football team?"

A game plan. What is life's game plan? The Bible.

The clock ticks down in the game, just as it does in the game of life. You are either on God's team, or you're not on the team.

I'm not a devout Christian, but it was a very good speech.

Two other things that I remember him saying:

The 1983 Redskins team was the best team he's ever been a part of... and when he looked out in the crowd he said again that he knew there weren't any Cowboy fans in the audience because we were all so good looking. :)

Oh, and he was happy to be in Redskins country (which Hampton Roads basically has always been.)

Here are some photos I took. I've resized them down to 640x480 from 2592x1944. I apologize in advance for not being the best photographer in the world. ;)

:cheers:

I was there too. My cousin (by marriage), who is/was a Cowboys fan, took me. He seemed more excited than I was. I asked him if he could see Parcells doing the same for the fans and he said of course not. He then said he's going to support the 'Skins because of Gibbs. It was a good day.

He was at Liberty Baptist Church in Hampton, VA this morning at 7:30am.

The breakfast actually started at 6am, but his plane circled Patrick Henry airport for about an hour and a half while it waited for the fog to clear. It was a VERY foggy morning! :)

Woah, he was at Liberty? That's cool, we play softball there sometimes for church(we will..I went to a few games last year :)) Yeah it was very foggy today, I'm glad though. 2 Hour Delays are wonderful, especially for fog.

joe gibbs wrote a book?

He's written:

Fourth and One

Racing to Win, and

Life lessons from Auto Racing

Archived