Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4th straight HOME season opener...

FunBunch7

In 2002 we beat the Cardinals 31-23 (Shane Mathews NFC Player of the week!)

In 2003 we beat the Jets 16-13 (thursday night)

In 2004 we beat the Bucs 16-10

In 2005 we beat the Bears 9-7...

Now we get the Vikings in the Monday Nighter...

I have often wondered if we get home openers due to Tagliabue being a Skins season ticket holder back in the day. We often get favorable matchups plus getting to play at home. We currently have the longest opening day win streak at 4...hopefully to be 5.

Here's to Dan Quayle becoming the next commish...keep those home openers coming!

I have often wondered if we get home openers due to Tagliabue being a Skins season ticket holder back in the day. We often get favorable matchups plus getting to play at home. We currently have the longest opening day win streak at 4...hopefully to be 5.

Here's to Dan Quayle becoming the next commish...keep those home openers coming!

Love the home openers, but those last 4 were nail bitters. I think they wanted to go easy on us this year. By the way, with our squad, we should dominate.

Vikings:laugh:

We get home openers because the NFL loves to publicize their opening week attendance numbers and anytime we play at home it's a real boost to the attendance numbers leaguewide.

That is the only reasonable explanation, and I've been saying it for years.

If you go back even further you'll see that 2001(SD) was the only home opener in quite a while that we've played away from home.

this past season's opener vs the bears was pretty hard to watch. such little offense from both teams. little did we know the bears would end up with one of the top defenses in the league, and who thought our offense would take off like it did after that pathetic showing

no problem with that becoming a league tradition-- just like dallas always being home for thanksgiving day game

Archived