Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As a Jets fan what should I expect from Ramsey?

UpNorth

Hey guys, I was happy to hear that we have some legitimate competition for our soon to have a prosthetic limbed QB Chad Pennington. I hear Ramsey has a strong arm and I know he is young but other than that I don't know much about him. What are his strengths and weaknesses, and should I expect that he'll beat out Chad for the starting spot? If he does, will the Jets be going into the season with a legit starter or just a backup who beat out a banged up, injured starter? Either way it is nice to finally have a QB with an arm!!

The Jets will end up drafting a QB probably, and all 3 will compete. Ramsey has got a gun, just makes bad decisions sometimes. Also not very mobile & sometimes just inconsistent. He can be a starting QB in the right system. Also he and Coles have played together before, so that'll make things easier. He miight start, but I wouldn't count on it.

ramsey wont do you much as you think he will, and i'm not just saying that cuz hes not on the skins...

u shouldnt expect tamsey to beat out pennington...

and ya he has a strong arm....that he uses to OVERTHROW receivers

his strengths are that he can throw it long, which i guess the jets dont have since pennington doesnt have a big arm, and also ramsey has courage and is not afraid of getting hit...well, that was before he got tortured in spurrier's era. he started to become afraid of getting hit, and i dont blame him...

PR is tough, smart and one that can make all the throws. in DC either he was under pressure from the D or from the coaches. sometimes he holds the ball to long or he tries

make a throw into coverage because he has a strong arm. he is does not move around much in the pocket but i still think he has enough speed and feet work to move around and make plays. but i think you guys got a great guy, he can potentially do well with some more playing time.. i wish him well.

Hey guys, I was happy to hear that we have some legitimate competition for our soon to have a prosthetic limbed QB Chad Pennington. I hear Ramsey has a strong arm and I know he is young but other than that I don't know much about him. What are his strengths and weaknesses, and should I expect that he'll beat out Chad for the starting spot? If he does, will the Jets be going into the season with a legit starter or just a backup who beat out a banged up, injured starter? Either way it is nice to finally have a QB with an arm!!

Reguarding the question posed in the thread title, you should expect to see him lying on his back seeing stars alot. Ramsey's philosophy about evading blitzing defenders is alot like Professor Grants philosophy of escaping the T-Rex in Jurassic Park: "Don't move! He cant see us if we don't move!"

No one can doubt his toughness, but it's the turnovers that are game killers. If you guys can some how get him good to great protection then you guys should be fine. Make sure Curtis Martin runs well to take some pressure off him, which you guys should be able to do. I think he no worst then Pennington that's for sure. So he may beat him out for the starting job but that remains to be seen if he can be consistently good.

I believe he'll do very well in the right system...and the man can certainly take a hit. Expect to hold your breath, 'cause he will turn it over every so often (I believe he'll probably get over this) and you'll probably have to see him on "Jacked Up" every so often unless you can protect him really well. I wish Ramsey all the best and wish he'd gotten a better coach than Spurrier to help him start out.

Ramsey's tenure in washington is spotty, but he definately doesn't lack talent. I really hope he does well as a Jet and perhaps the change in environment will be exactally what he needs to overcome whatever had been holding him back as a 'Skin (turnovers, nervousness, indecisive/late throws).

Hi Patrick.

He will do fine in a shotgun formation. He has a cannon for a arm and is a real cool guy

you can expect tons of interceptions and happy feet

Yes he does have a slight case of happy feet :laugh: (so does Peyton Manning I might add), but Ramsey can make plays. He just seems to need a lot of elements to fall into place to be successful. Oh yeah, did someone mention that he has a gun for an arm. :silly:

Ramsey is a tough kid with a great arm.....if the Jets can survive frequent turnovers by him yall will be fine....

Well, between Pennington and Testaverde last season we are used to surviving turnovers. If he can produce less than them I will be happy.

I have always liked the kid sorry he couldn't make it here the upside to the kid strong arm, tough as nails the downside ? not very mobile and inconsistent he is very capable of having huge games though. I recall several one game come to mine was against the Titans a couple years ago. He lit the Titans up there is more of an upset to him than a downside. If you guys can protect him he will be just fine.

Most these people are just sour because he is no longer with us, but he will take over as your starter, he is better than Pennington, Ramsey can chuck the ball 75 yards down the line (as apposed to the like, 40 Pennington can). Ramsey doesn't turn the ball over any more than the next guy does.

In addition to that, he is the toughest guy at QB right now, and if things go sour between you and the team, he won't talk trash about the team like Coles will. He is also very fan friendly. You all got a steel with that trade.

Archived