Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newest Addition to the ES staff -- Jumbo

Henry

Congrats, Jumbo...what any easy decision for the rest of the mods. I have always looked forward to your posts and enjoy your commentary.

You are a welcomed addition to the staff and have earned our collective support in a very short time.

Again, Congrats!!!!

I did read the whole thread up to this point, and every post does have a meaning for me, so know that if you're not singled out in the following :)

Om--[he] will surely be along shortly to tell you it is he who is humbled and grateful and so forth, but don’t believe it.

Believe it, and definitely grateful that this further connects me to the team I have loved imperfectly for about 45 years.

who will, as has each new staff member in turn, soon find himself wondering “just what the hell have I gotten myself into?"

Yup. :D

You’re going to be great

Thanks, mark---I better be. :laugh:

Eh. Don't believe any of that. Om's just happy to no longer be the oldest member of the staff. :)

This I was told by everyone. ;)

I feel like a proud poppa :cry:

You and Park City Skins are have done your best to parent, you are not responsible for my shortcomings :)

That means we get to call Jumbo 'Gramps' now. :)

At least until we're in the same room :laugh:

-I am positive that you will live up to all expectations and more!

Like I said, I'll have to now. jeez. :silly:

Ahh...I remember the days when Jumbo was just a wee little member trying to act all important. ;) Now look where he is.

Congrats, but always remember I've got the better sn :)

If you can't be important, you should at least know how to act like you are :D . As for where I am now, "behind the eight ball" comes to mind.

And yes, you are First Among Jumbo-related screen-names, and my only defense was that I had the nic before my arrival. You will always be the senior board member of the Clan :silly:

Congrats, Jumbo

Anybody with Sonny or Slingin' or other old school refs in their nic would be destined to become favorite posters of mine, thanks, bro.

Oh, so this is the new guy who will be cleaning the toilets around here. :D

This turns out to be the real truth, and patience is a wonderful option to keep very handy ;) .

To the queen, well you already know how you're special, goldilocks ;)

Seriously, thanks everyone for your good wishes. Most of you know, no matter how you feel about my football opinions or my persona, that I have come to love this site and greatly appreciate the unparalelled access to our beloved Redskins that it offers.

I can only imagine the intense effort and dedication it has taken to make this place what it has become. My goal will be to only contribute to that effort in whatever degree I can. See ya 'round the campfire :cheers: :helmet:

Congrats Jumbo. Now for the question everyone here wants answered :

When you were approached by ES and offered the Mod job was it:

A: Vet minimum plus incentives or

B: The standard 6 year 30 million contract or

C: A 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best light

:D

Jumbo is super smart and is going to mod his guts out.

He was a no-brainer for the staff and anyone who's been around here for a while knows why we chose him from many many incredible members. He definitely measures up.

Btw Jumbo, yeah the waters cold. And DEEP too.

Congrats Jumbo :cheers: thou knowest not what thou hast done.

I guess I'm suposed to say something whitty right about now, but it's a bit dim in here. :rolleyes:

Couldn't think of another choice to join the staff............ OK OK I could, but I got pummeled by the rest of the staff for nominating Who Del :doh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Congrats Jumbo, it's going to be a pleasure to work along side one more great member of the comunity.

:cheers:

Congrats Jumbo. Now for the question everyone here wants answered : When you were approached by ES and offered the Mod job was it:

A: Vet minimum plus incentives or

B: The standard 6 year 30 million contract or

C: A 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best light :D

They made me pay for next season's charcoal.

thou knowest not what thou hast done.

why does everyone keep telling me this my whole life :whoknows:

Congrats Jumbo.

Thanks, DH. This site wouldn't be here if not for the talent and hard work of you and a few others.

Couldn't think of another choice to join the staff............ OK OK I could, but I got pummeled by the rest of the staff for nominating Who Del :doh:

Yeh, I guess this deal about everbody getting ready to go after Who Del will surprise a lot of folks.

I keed, Who Del, I keed :laugh:

Archived