Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's time to reduce the NFL draft/ Do you have much interest in this years draft?

88Comrade2000

You know, I think it's time for the NFL to reduce the draft to just 5 rounds. Realistically, how many 6th and 7th rounders have much of an impact. They aren't alot of Terrell Davises and Tom Bradys you know. I would like to see the nfl reduce the draft to just 5 rounds- which is good number of rounds to have. Starting giving out comp picks in round 2 thru round 5. Finally, Day One: Rounds 1 and 2; Day Two: Rounds 3-5.

=========================================================

Does this year draft have much interest for you?

Considering we have no first,3rd and 4th- this years draft has lost some interest for me. That 2nd round pick better be an eventual starter. Yeah- as always the first 15 or so picks are always interesting to watch; but then it slows down- unless there's trades.

I think as long as Gibbs is here- he will lean more towards free agency; which is perfect for him since his boss loves free agency. The Redskins will not be much of draft team in the Gibbs-Synder era.

To put it short and sweet: NO.

No to shortening the draft? Or no does this draft have any interest to you?

I for one don't think shortening the draft is a very good idea at all. 7 rounds are perfect...not all the quality players are drafted so there are still some diamond-in-the-rough free-agents, but they are just hard enough to find to keep it interesting.

And just because we don't have a lot of picks, why should we shorten the draft??? That seems like pretty silly reasoning. I actually am looking forward to day 2; seeing who is drafted and then researching them. Maybe its just me...:whoknows:

is it our fault that the redskins suck drafting past the first few rounds.. The Pats are constantly findign guys from the late rounds. There are 300 schools in the NCAA and u have to give athelte a chance to be picked, unless NBA roster are only 12. NFL rosters are 53

The draft is interesting to me because my team actually has numerous picks every year. One thing I will say is the Eagles do a nice job on draft day. Now whether the players produce is a whole other story.

And no, it shouldn't be shortened. It's perfect as is.

Archived