Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How High?

DieHard86

The demand for everything Redskins is amazingly from real Redskins fans. The energy and money we invest in the team makes it what it is. Dan Snyder knows this too. I think overall he is a good owner, but at what point does he cross the line for you? $35 bucks for parking at the stadium - no thanks, I'll take the metro and walk. $99 for my seat? Yeah, its still worth it - I'll never forget the Dallas game last December.

But how far can he go with prices before he starts to lose fans?

I definitely think he is flirting with that line. :doh: But because the price increases doesn't mean that I would not be a fan, it just means that I may have to cut back the amount of games that I attend. Will never cheer for another team because their ticket prices are cheaper. :(

$35 to park at the stadium isn't that bad if you consider that some parking garages in downtown Chicago charge $20 for the first hour. I've never been to NYC, but I'm guessing it's even worse there. So eh, relatively it's not to the point of extortion.

It is all relative, and to do something like attend a pro football game, you have to expect to blow cash - buttttttttttt . . .

To me it's more about actions . . . it's not that he charges 35 bucks to park, but the fact that he, in the past, has tried every way to screw the lifeblood of his organization - the fan base - with stunts like the ill-fated credit card/season ticket idea, or the curbing of fans walking to the game so they wuold have to pay, etc.

Those actions say more than the money charged for an event . . . that is a given . . . the pure blood-sucking of the fan base to make a buck is not . . .

Are you kidding me? 35 dollars to park? My lord, I don't blame you for taking the Metro. For outsiders, that is the best bargain in the world for traveling in the northern Virginia DC, Maryland area. Dan, your a billiionaire, you can offset some of your cost some other way. That is stealing from fans, no excuses guys, don't give me crap for this. People love this team and will pay, but what is this world coming to?

Yeah, the whole making it so people could not walk to the game :

I know that some would claim this is a safety issue, but this kind of thing is brought about from a design standpoint years before the fact. Nothing was sweeter than being able to walk down to MIchigan Stadium from the dorms. Was it a bit of a hike? Yeah, but it was walkable and it was safe and you had the brotherhood of fans as you sojourned south.

Are you kidding me? 35 dollars to park? My lord, I don't blame you for taking the Metro. For outsiders, that is the best bargain in the world for traveling in the northern Virginia DC, Maryland area. Dan, your a billiionaire, you can offset some of your cost some other way. That is stealing from fans, no excuses guys, don't give me crap for this. People love this team and will pay, but what is this world coming to?

Don't sweat it bbuzz....not too many shouldl give you crap for your view, as many share it. I, however, don't ;)

I didn't take the Metro, but, before I got parking passes, I would park at the Landover metro station, and took the shuttle.

The shuttle was $5.00 pp. So, right off the bat, figure $10.00 for a couple of fans, in addition to the metro fare. (Add $5.00pp for each additional person) That may ring in close, to 1/2 the price of a parking pass, though I don't know wat the fares are. I figure in that most Metro riders probably still have to drive to a Metro station, (again, an educated guess), to catch the the train.

Add the above costs, with the hassle of waiting in those long shuttle lines, both to, and from the stadium, and you start to realize that the $35.00 is not as bad as it sounds. I'll admit, that I park in a Blue Lot, which affords a pretty quick escape, as they stop the traffic on Arena Drive, to let us out.

While some people may not mind the Metro shuttles, I thought they were a royal PITA. You don't realize how bad the shuttle sucks, (the lines, the crowds, the waiting, etc.), until you do get a parking pass. For better, or worse, I do love the team and will continue to pay.......

EDIT: Whoops! I left out the best part of having a parking pass.....THE TAILGATING!!!

Archived