Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance Record

hokie4redskins

Yep, guess who. From SI Notebook. I'm surprised it's only six years in a row. The 'girls couldn't even crack 600K. So much for being "America's Team."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/27/bc.fbn.nflmeetings.note.ap/index.html

Attendance record

Not surprisingly, with the largest stadium capacity in the NFL (91,665), the Washington Redskins led the league in paid attendance last season. The Redskins drew 707,614, the second-highest total in league history, 306 fans less than they drew in 2004. They have led the NFL in attendance for six straight seasons.

Three other teams topped 600,000: the Giants (628,527), Chiefs (625,081) and Jets (619,842).

Washington also led the league in total attendance, home and away, with 1,240,223.

Total paid attendance for all games was 21,792,096, the fourth straight season the NFL set a record.

Definitley has to do with how big our stadium is

I think Texas Stadium only holds 60k or something like that, so 8x60k does not equal 600k fans

With our stadium size we should have the highest attendance by far

Doesn't change the fact that there's no urgency on the part of Dallas fans, owner, and state legislators to expand their stadium. It's Economics 101. Our stadium is the biggest because we CAN indeed fill it.

Doesn't change the fact that there's no urgency on the part of Dallas fans, owner, and state legislators to expand their stadium. It's Economics 101. Our stadium is the biggest because we CAN indeed fill it.

Definitley

Although a Cowboys fan can correct me if I am wrong, they are building a new stadium to open in 2009 or 2010?

Still, they are the ugliest people in the world :laugh:

Attendance record

Not surprisingly, with the largest stadium capacity in the NFL (91,665), the Washington Redskins led the league in paid attendance last season. The Redskins drew 707,614, the second-highest total in league history, 306 fans less than they drew in 2004. They have led the NFL in attendance for six straight seasons.

Three other teams topped 600,000: the Giants (628,527), Chiefs (625,081) and Jets (619,842).

Not to be a paranoid "they all hate us" kind of fan..... :twitch: :paranoid: ..........but.........why is it that the Giants, Chiefs and Jets are "not surprisingly" 2nd through 4th since they all reside in the next largest stadiums?

Cowboys fans in Dallas aren't as into the Cowboys as you'd think. Their fans elsewhere are plentiful and sometimes very loyal. But the "local" fans don't swoon over the Cowboys like the DC area does for the Redskins. (Theoretically) The Wizards could be in the NBA championship and people would still rather watch the 'Skins regular season game.

One stat that points out to ne is the fact that we led attendance at away games as well. I know hwn I wento Tampa last year for the first Bucs game in November it was packed with alot of Skins fans. I'll be there this year too!

Hail to the Redskins and its loyal fans!

Redskins | Team leads in regular season home attendance

Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:08:15 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins led all teams in regular-season home paid attendance for the sixth consecutive year in the 2005 season. The Redskins drew 707,614 for eight home games, the second highest total in NFL history to their 2004 season which drew 707,920.

Not only can we fill it, there are poor saps like me who do not have season tickets. This is a whole different set of troubles. Looking on the internet, or buying tickets in the parking lot just to go to a game.:logo:

Archived