Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

washingtonpost.com: 'Marriage Is for White People'

Destino

That is insightful for someone like myself. I never realized that our society, in any area, was declining in such a manner as to say that marriage isn't for them. Don't take this the wrong way, but is this possibly the reason why we see more black children out there causing problems because they don't have the proper home environment? That seems to be what one of the writers friends who works with adolecents was implying. People in this society all over are wondering why we are having a decline in morals of our children across the board, and maybe its because the adults need to own up to their own responsibilities and show what good morals are, act properly, and be an example instead of "just worrying about me" like everyone out there seems to do. Children look up to adults, not just their parents, and maybe if the ppl around these children were getting married and taking care of their children then we wouldn't be seeing all the troubled youth in america, that's across the board, not just black or just white, but everyone.

You hit the nail right on the head! A poor home environment with adults "actin' the fool" leads to kids not knowing how to respect others and causing problems. I know that if I did HALF of what these kids are doing today, my parents would rip me apart!

i don't think its fair to put all the blame on black men.

black women, and women in general, say they are looking for a particular type of man but desire another. there are good black men out there but black women aren't attracted to them or "look" for them in the wrong places.

Indeed! One reason I date outside my race is that a lot of black women see me and they think I'm "trying to be white." I was raised to NOT use street language and act like I have some sense. Of course, those same women get mad when they see me with an Asian or white woman.

The article also touched on a major problem in the black community. Whereas more black women are going to college, more black men are not, don't even have a high school education and end up in jail. Thus, they can't find a black man on the same emotion/intellectual level as they are.

I started to say that's sad, but your reality is a product of your warped perception.

All it would take for you to change your mind is a near death experience. You'd be willing to love everyone, and kiss the ground for a chance to live another 10 years.

Actually I've had a near-death experience. I had a guy turn and point a loaded .45 caliber pistol at my chest from a distance of roughly 3 feet in the middle of a pistol match about 4 years ago. Believe me that will wake you up.

It didn't change my outlook on life because my belief is that the powers that be set the moment of my death at the moment of my birth and there is nothing I can ever do to change that.

Right now your outlook on the future is completely handcuffed by your past. until you deal with that, you might as well plan on living alone. why waste any time on it? Get into to see a psychologist and work it out.

I have no problem living alone. It's actually quite nice. Nobody to complain or argue about how, when, where or why I do things. BTW - Done the head shrinker thing in the past. It didn't change my way of viewing the world in the least.

So the candidates don't live up to your expectations? Or are your expectations unrealistic? Seriously, if you're getting these results repeatedly, don't you think it's time you work on your relationship skills?

There is a lot of material out there on this, but until you stop calling BS on it all, you'll stay where you're at.

Exactly. They don't live up to the expectations. Unrealistic or not, they're the expectations and they're not going to change. I'd rather be alone than with a woman who doesn't live up to the vast majority of those expectations. It's just that simple.

What's makes you think that you can get along with someone just like you? How would that be an improvement to your situation? Why don't you just marry You?

Mostly because a woman whose beliefs agree with mine is going to be a different person than I am, not the same person that I am.

Archived