Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Selig investigate Bonds??? Barry hitting .625 and 4 hrs in 13 at bats

boobiemiles

What do we do with the second rounder?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do with the second rounder?

• D-End
    • Cornerback
    • Linebacker

First off I want to say I'm a big Barry Bonds fan. I like the guy. I never believed being freindly to the media is a criteria for somebody to be percieved as a great player. The last post I wrote I said that this whole thing is racially motivated. I can understand some people feeling the honor of Baseball is on the line, but in that case mlb should indict itself for juicing the balls to intice fan participation after the strike shorten season. But that is a subject for another post.

My question is why Barry Bonds? What about the countless other players including pitchers that took steriods. Alot of people feel steriods make you stronger, but it's really and ant-inflamitory agent, that allows the athlete or person to stop swelling or soreness. Brady Anderson took it, and Lenny Dykstra admitted to taking them way way back. What can Selig do to Bonds that would be just punishement? How can Selig punish him for something they can't test for? And is it right to persecute him? I know some of you will say it's not racially motivated. But it looks more and more like Bonds is being single out for no reason. Just because the guy is a jerk doesn't mean he should be treated differently than anybody else.

First off I want to say I'm a big Barry Bonds fan. I like the guy. I never believed being freindly to the media is a criteria for somebody to be percieved as a great player. The last post I wrote I said that this whole thing is racially motivated. I can understand some people feeling the honor of Baseball is on the line, but in that case mlb should indict itself for juicing the balls to intice fan participation after the strike shorten season. But that is a subject for another post.

My question is why Barry Bonds? What about the countless other players including pitchers that took steriods. Alot of people feel steriods make you stronger, but it's really and ant-inflamitory agent, that allows the athlete or person to stop swelling or soreness. Brady Anderson took it, and Lenny Dykstra admitted to taking them way way back. What can Selig do to Bonds that would be just punishement? How can Selig punish him for something they can't test for? And is it right to persecute him? I know some of you will say it's not racially motivated. But it looks more and more like Bonds is being single out for no reason. Just because the guy is a jerk doesn't mean he should be treated differently than anybody else.

Bonds is being singled out because A. Hes a world class ******* and B. he's had the most success. He may break the sports MOST coveted and important record, and people dont want to see an obvious cheater do that. I dont know how thats racially motivated, since the record holder is Hank Aaron. Also, a book just came out that pretty much proved that he's a juicer, as if his physical transformation wasnt enough.

Baseball SHOULD indict itself, and they need to fix the problem. Starting with Bonds, Giambi, Sosa, Raffy, and all the rest. Test'em all, and throw the book at them.

To me the saddest thing about the rampant cheating in baseball is that so many fans don't even seem to be bothered by it.

Why should they? Baseball (and all other pro sports) have had cheaters as long as they existed.

Its the level of cheating that you and others seem to have the problem with.

I can't stand bonds either. He really is a jerk, no class at all. He tries to blame the media and everyone else when he is the one that made the decision. He was a great a player and people got even more respect for him after he started with the juice. I hope he gets injured and does not pass the greatest of all time (Babe).

Yes, but the risk of testing is there, which means that they can't keep using.

They just cant use roids for which there is a known test for.

Most of the new "designer" steriods are proprietary, which means the only people that know what is in them and how they work (and therefore how to test for them) are the guys that designed them. There is no test for "the cream" and "the clear" (or flaxseed oil, if thats what Bonds was using, as he claims).

Look at it this way. If you are in the hospital and some guy comes in whom you think is on drugs, you cant just test him for "drugs." You have to test that person specifically for each kind of drug, one atta time. Pot, no. Coke, no. Meth, no. Heroine, BINGO!

But if that same druggy was on some drug that you've never heard of, then you could never diagnose him, because you wouldnt be able to test for it.

Make sense?

Why Bonds? Cmon man.

The guy has the golden HR's in a season record. He's about to pass the Babe and he's chasing Hank.

He's one of the best players and biggest names in the game. Unlike Mac he's still playing. Sosa has shown that he's a joke. Giambi fessed up, no one cares about Raffy. Who else? No one's gonna make an investigation over some chump relief pitcher or a utility infielder. They're targeting sluggers and targeting Barry.

What can they do for punishment? Well, if they can prove he was using illegal substances at any time, then they can kick his ass outta baseball. I'm not really sure how without a positive test, but we'll see. I'm sure they won't be able too, but its clear why Barry is the scapegoat.

Makes sense, but right now Bonds is under the kind of microscope that does not allow for anything like that, I think. I'm sure he used them before, but I seriously doubt he is now.

I would hope that you are right, but if he's using something that cannot be tested for, why not continue using? And who cares if he is using RIGHT NOW. This isnt about what he does THIS season. This is about baseballs history and Bonds' place in it. Does he deserve to have his name above Aarons and Ruths? Not if he cheated IMO.

And maybe we'll never get a positive test, i dont know. Im convinced that a human cant put on 90 lbs of solid muscle in 2 years at the age of 34, added to the fact that several players have said that Bonds was a user AND the deal that went down with Victor Conte.

And yeah yeah, innocent until PROVEN guilty. Ive heard that argument before. But this isnt a court of law, this is the court of public opinion. Whether its actually there or not, baseball fans will ALWAYS see an * next to Barry Bonds name.

I would hope that you are right, but if he's using something that cannot be tested for, why not continue using? And who cares if he is using RIGHT NOW. This isnt about what he does THIS season. This is about baseballs history and Bonds' place in it. Does he deserve to have his name above Aarons and Ruths? Not if he cheated IMO.

And maybe we'll never get a positive test, i dont know. Im convinced that a human cant put on 90 lbs of solid muscle in 2 years at the age of 34, added to the fact that several players have said that Bonds was a user AND the deal that went down with Victor Conte.

And yeah yeah, innocent until PROVEN guilty. Ive heard that argument before. But this isnt a court of law, this is the court of public opinion. Whether its actually there or not, baseball fans will ALWAYS see an * next to Barry Bonds name.

Well, Bonds now has an ESPN reporter and two SF Chronicle reporters following him around full time, among other things.

How do you feel about Henry Aaron's use of amphetimines? Just curious.

Well, Bonds now has an ESPN reporter and two SF Chronicle reporters following him around full time, among other things.

How do you feel about Henry Aaron's use of amphetimines? Just curious.

Bonds has already gotten the advantage from using the juice. If he stops now that he only has 1 or 2 more seasons to go isnt going to affect anything. (im just assuming here, i havent actually used the juice). Thats kinda like Bill Clinton getting a Lewinsky, and the next week having reporters follow him around all day...."see, no BJ's" The line has already been crossed(sorry, i had to do it Predicto :D )

With Aaron, i dont have enough info, i havent dug all that deeply. All this is coming out fairly recently, and im not in baseball mode right now so i havent kept up. My understanding right now is that amphetimines dont beef you up and make you a more powerful hitter, they just allow you the energy you need to make it to the ballpark when you are playing entire seasons of baseball with the fatigue that comes with death-threats hanging over your head everywhere you go.

Why Bonds? Cmon man.

The guy has the golden HR's in a season record. He's about to pass the Babe and he's chasing Hank.

He's one of the best players and biggest names in the game. Unlike Mac he's still playing. Sosa has shown that he's a joke. Giambi fessed up, no one cares about Raffy. Who else? No one's gonna make an investigation over some chump relief pitcher or a utility infielder. They're targeting sluggers and targeting Barry.

What can they do for punishment? Well, if they can prove he was using illegal substances at any time, then they can kick his ass outta baseball. I'm not really sure how without a positive test, but we'll see. I'm sure they won't be able too, but its clear why Barry is the scapegoat.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:Great post mooka

Now, I'm not saying that I don't think Bonds did steroids, or participated in Conte's BALCO stuff... But, how vindicated would Bonds feel if years and years down the line it turns out he never used and everyone making a big deal about all of this looks like absolute assclowns?

I'll admit, I'd be amused.

I guess my stance is I don't think he did and I don't think he didn't. I don't know. There's alot of reasons to believe that he did use, but nothing concrete and I'm not going to assume until there is that concrete proof.

With Aaron, i dont have enough info, i havent dug all that deeply. All this is coming out fairly recently, and im not in baseball mode right now so i havent kept up. My understanding right now is that amphetimines dont beef you up and make you a more powerful hitter, they just allow you the energy you need to make it to the ballpark when you are playing entire seasons of baseball with the fatigue that comes with death-threats hanging over your head everywhere you go.

And that is different how? Cheating is cheating, right?

And that is different how? Cheating is cheating, right?

Amphetamines werent illegal back then. Just like when McGuire was doing Andro. Bonds was doing roids when the were illegal, he was just doing a type that allowed him to not get caught.

And thats besides the point im trying to make. Amphetamines dont help you hit more bombs like roids do. I dont care what MLB does to Bonds "officially." ALL baseball fans will always look at Bond's numbers as tainted. And they should.

Archived