Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Perfect Albums

Renesis

What albums do you consider "perfect"? Albums that don't have a single track you would skip.

Tool - Lateralus

The Beatles - Abbey Road

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

My "perfect" albums would be.

Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti (their best work. Better than the great, but overrated IV )

Van Halen: 1984, 5150

Guns and Roses: Appetite for Destruction

Metallica: Master of Puppets

U2: The Joshua Tree

Pearl Jam: Ten

Shinedown: Leave a Whisper

I know Shinedown's album is not really that old, and hasn't stood the test of time, but it's an incredible debut album. Not one weak song. I never skip a track.

I have many, "near" perfect albums in my collection, that only have maybe one or two songs I will skip.

I'm still waiting for one.

But, I will list my personal all time top 10 albums. I recently compiled my all time top 56, and I'm just copying the first 10 on the list

1. Television - Marquee Moon

2. Talking Heads - Remain in Light

3. Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

4. Nas - Illmatic

5. Built to Spill - There's Nothing Wrong with Love

6. Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power

7. Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

8. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Neco

9. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

10. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

If you can find a problem or error on Kind of Blue, please tell me - cause i can't find one. :whoknows:

It's not that there's no I feel I can't find an "error" with. An error implies that there's something bad about it. But Perfect implies that not only is there nothing bad, but there's also everything good.

Kind of Blue is a great album. I personally like On The Corner better. I can't fault anyone for liking Kind of Blue, though.

I'm with portisizzle...pick a Zepp album, and I'll gladly listen to it all the way through.

However...just because you can listen to an album all the way through, does that make it a perfect album? I can listen to Dido's "No Angel" all the way through, but I wouldn't consider it a perfect album. Playability has to be only one of several characteristics of a perfect album...Let me think about it for awhile, and I'll get back to you.

Archived