Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don Banks (merged)

mhd24

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/03/27/meetings/1.html

"And if Mara, who spent 81 years with the Giants, gets the game ball named after him, how do we honor the likes of, say, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, when it comes time to do so? I've got it, how about "The Danny'' kicking tee?"

"Minnesota at Washington, Monday night, Sept. 11: In the first half of a rare Monday-night doubleheader, new Vikings head coach Brad Childress makes his debut (minus Culpepper) against a Redskins team that is coming off a season of accomplishment rather than underachievement for a change."

Seriously, WTF?

"And if Mara, who spent 81 years with the Giants, gets the game ball named after him, how do we honor the likes of, say, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, when it comes time to do so? I've got it, how about "The Danny'' kicking tee?"

"Minnesota at Washington, Monday night, Sept. 11: In the first half of a rare Monday-night doubleheader, new Vikings head coach Brad Childress makes his debut (minus Culpepper) against a Redskins team that is coming off a season of accomplishment rather than underachievement for a change."

Seriously, WTF?

That second part was positive in a back-handed kind of way. Better than usual, coming from SI, in my opinion.

Danny boy should just send a message to all of these haters who make it a point to say something negative about him... it should go something like this...

To whom it may concern,

While you keep writing these things about me, I'd like to tell you thanks for always keeping me in your thoughts, and while you like to say negative things about me, I laugh at them while Im counting all these dollars, and your just trying to make ends meet!!!!

Danny boy should just send a message to all of these haters who make it a point to say something negative about him... it should go something like this...

To whom it may concern,

While you keep writing these things about me, I'd like to tell you thanks for always keeping me in your thoughts, and while you like to say negative things about me, I laugh at them while Im counting all these dollars, and your just trying to make ends meet!!!!

i thikn this is greatest single first post in the history of extremeskins......LOL...

Whatever. They hate us. They love to hte us. Everyone knows that. They take unprofessional potshots at Danny - this is just #5,649.

Imagine how much they'll hate us when Danny's Redskins win the Super Bowl?

#5,649? What happened, the counter roll back after 999,999?

Don Banks is a joke.......feel the hatred coming from his writing.

See how mad he is because the Skins went 10-6 and won a playoff game?

Isn't it fun?

Don't get angry at these guys, just laugh at them when they are proven wrong.

And never forget.....

The only way to make Banks and co. eat their words is by winning. So, when you go to FedEx represent the 12th Man and help the Skins go 8-0 at home this year!!!!!!! :point2sky

It's getting really hard to ignore these jerks when everytime I read something football related, Snyder or someone from the skins is getting crapped on

How about toilet paper rolls with the image of Don Banks printed on each square for the restrooms at Redskin park or even FedEx? You know to honor Banks.

Maybe a Banks... Pasquarelli sucks! smilies to show our support here at Extremeskins....

Another boo-hoo thread about the media doggin' on us. :doh:

Seriously, you have read it a million times. Why does it still bother you? We are not percieved well in the eyes of the media. That is the way it is. It is not likely to change. So why, oh why, EVERY time someone writes something offensive does someone need to start a thread in disbelief? So old! :rolleyes:

the second part of the 'rant' is accurate. The Redskins finally won something in 2005 on the field instead of just in the offseason :)

as to the first part, the media is in love with the Maras and the Rooneys and their lesser cousins the Bidwills and Irsays that started with buying these NFL franchises for $10,000 back in the days when pro football was like roller ball compared to the marquee sport, major league baseball................

the truth of the matter is the NFL has advanced only because of owners like Jack Kent Cooke and the new age owners like Jones and Snyder that have been able to capture the edge on introducing technology and advanced marketing into making the game more successful and producing value for everyone involved.

If it had been up to Art Modell or Bill Bidwill NFL players would still be running around in leather helmets for $12,000 a year :laugh:

the second part of the 'rant' is accurate. The Redskins finally won something in 2005 on the field instead of just in the offseason :)

as to the first part, the media is in love with the Maras and the Rooneys and their lesser cousins the Bidwills and Irsays that started with buying these NFL franchises for $10,000 back in the days when pro football was like roller ball compared to the marquee sport, major league baseball................

the truth of the matter is the NFL has advanced only because of owners like Jack Kent Cooke and the new age owners like Jones and Snyder that have been able to capture the edge on introducing technology and advanced marketing into making the game more successful and producing value for everyone involved.

If it had been up to Art Modell or Bill Bidwill NFL players would still be running around in leather helmets for $12,000 a year :laugh:

Which brings up an interesting question... will Snyder ever become 'beloved'?

Or will he age like Al Davis?

Jack Kent Cooke was never loved by the national media. He won championships so criticism didn't stick to him. And he of course could dish it out with the best of them.

Snyder is younger and I think came in with a more vulnerable shell. He didn't have the hard edge that Cooke had, but quickly became aware of how many knives there were out there in the media for a guy with a lot of money who wanted to win yesterday :)

I think Snyder is more savvy about the NFL now. I think he is committed to winning on his own terms and letting the history speak for itself.

Ultimately, a smart person who is willing to commit the time and effort necessary to be successful will make a go of a new business as long as the foundation is there.

The foundation is definitely here. Right town, right fans for a team that is aggressive in trying to win and not silently allowing failure to be tolerated.

Seriously, WTF?

Im not bashing at all here, you have the right to talk about just about anything you want here. I just dont understand why we post every negative article written about us. Is there anyone left of the 50,000+ members of ES who doesnt realize that we are an easy target for the media members who have nothing else to write about? What kind of answer did you really expect to get for your question?

Guys, SI is a joke, I mean here's their NFL Coverage: Teh Cowboys R teh roxxors !!!111

Their NBA coverage sucks, and their MLB coverage is pretty bad, ESPN at least has John Clayton, and NFL.com has Kirwan whom I respect but SI has Queen and Banks who afre notorious Midget/Cowturd homers. The pukes could bring back Ryan Leaf and Banks would drool over it. I only check them our periodically for the College Football coverage.

Archived