Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why TO in dallas doesnt bother me.

gutlead74

Cowboys fans know about T.O. all too well. We don't have to be homers to recognize his talent. Also BTW, if you truly aren't worried about T.O... why create this thread? There aren't threads on Cowboyszone about Taylor Jacobs so what gives? ;)

i see his talent i also see that he is a cancer...i wonder do you homer? also i started this thread because a buddy of mine who is a TO fan keeps talking smack and insist that i am scared cuz TO is in dallass, point blank TO doesnt scare me,gregg williams, shawn springs,carlos rodgers, AA, and definatly not ST

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...4894&q=redskins

note the end where ST pops him in the mouth....TO the big mouth just walks away with his head down......around here we call that OWNED!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: O Lord, what a mistake that guy was. I'd seriously be worried if I was a cowboy fan about my defense if I was worried about him. But seriously, the only reason you probably know his name is because the billion threads on here about if he'll ever live up to his potential and hard work ethic in practice...come on don't lie tell me the truth. :laugh: :doh:

:laugh: Not even a designed shot at Taylor Jacobs just trying to make a point. If you're not worried about T.O. is it necessary to create a post every other day to say just that? It's like me creating a post over at cowboyszone to state that I'm really not that afraid of Taylor Jacobs.

... and yes I follow football so I'm familiar with him.. second round pick from the Gators from Spurrier's first year. "Just couldn't pass on him when he fell to the second round"...

Cowboys fans know about T.O. all too well. We don't have to be homers to recognize his talent. Also BTW, if you truly aren't worried about T.O... why create this thread? There aren't threads on Cowboyszone about Taylor Jacobs so what gives? ;)

No you may not be worried about Taylor Jacobs, but from what I read in that Dallas paper, your afraid of the rest of the team. Enough to constantly worry about OUR cap space and who WE signed lately. Worry about your O-line and that QB you have with the cement shoes.

And by the way, T.O. will be picking up his teeth when he meets #21 again this year. About the same time R. Williams will be getting fitted for a fireproof jacket on the sideline so maybe he won't get burned by Santana again. :dallasuck

No you may not be worried about Taylor Jacobs, but from what I read in that Dallas paper, your afraid of the rest of the team. Enough to constantly worry about OUR cap space and who WE signed lately. Worry about your O-line and that QB you have with the cement shoes.

And by the way, T.O. will be picking up his teeth when he meets #21 again this year. About the same time R. Williams will be getting fitted for a fireproof jacket on the sideline so maybe he won't get burned by Santana again. :dallasuck

Oooooooooooooooo! :rolleyes: :doh:

if we follow your logic.....if your not worried about the redskins why do you have over 1000 post on a redskins board???????????:dallasuck

If I came hear screaming that I'm not afraid of the skins and you guys suck you'd really have a clever point. I think the skins and the entire NFCE will be tough this year. I get a kick out of talking a little pigskin with the fans that hate us the most.

Everyone seems to think just cause the cowboys got TO, theyre on their way to the superbowl just like the 04 eagles. But the big difference is that the eagles actually went to the NFC championship the 2 (i think its 2) years before that. Dallas doesn't have the same caliber players as philly did then so I don't think they'll go anywhere in the playoffs (if that). Plus our secondary has stepped up everytime they play TO so I'm not too worried.

Everyone seems to think just cause the cowboys got TO, theyre on their way to the superbowl just like the 04 eagles. But the big difference is that the eagles actually went to the NFC championship the 2 (i think its 2) years before that. Dallas doesn't have the same caliber players as philly did then so I don't think they'll go anywhere in the playoffs (if that). Plus our secondary has stepped up everytime they play TO so I'm not too worried.

T.O. makes Dallas a better team that's it. Just better. How much better and how he behaves remain to be seen.

Not bothered? I don't know if I'd say that, anytime a player with that kind of talent plays against us I keep an eye on him. Does that mean I'm shaking with fear? Of course not, I don't see him lifting the cowboys any higher than they were last year, whereas I think our team improved greatly (Saunders mostly). However all Skin fans should be concerned somewhat, he is a good player, capable of throwing a wrench into a game.

Hey Cowboys fan, look at PotomacSkinsFan's little video...I think by viewing that, enough said. Quite frankly, I'm sick of all this TO drama too. I have my own opinions on how he will impact the team. From watching him play against the Skins in the past, he maybe had 1-2 good plays, otherwise, he was ineffective. Maybe that will change, but with our improved D, I highly doubt it.

REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

Week 11 WASW 28-6 2 24 12.0 14 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Week 14 @WAS W 17-14 6 46 7.7 19 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 1

Week 3 WASW 20-10 2 33 16.5 17 0 1 38 38.0 38 1 0 0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=1056

this only goes back to 2000, but i dont remeber him doing much at all vs the skins

Honestly, I won't be satisfied with losing games to the Cowboys, but looking back and saying, "well - at least we shut down T.O." and really, would you?

There are a lot of reasons not to be worried about B.O. (got that from Bubba), but your particular argument leaves a lot of room for rebuttal.

And no, THEWHATEVERWHATEVER, just because he started a thread on T.O. doesn't mean he is secretly afraid of him and trying to convince himself and others that there's nothing to be afraid of. C'mon, were talking about the walking, talking hype machine that is Terrell Owens. Doing workout/interviews, posing on the star in the middle of Texas stadium, and lovin "me some me." The Taylor Jacobs analogy has no merit. Jacobs does none of that...don't know of too many football players that do.

There's no question T.O. adds value to any offense. But it has to be regarded as strictly short-term value. The number one reason: he's old and has no upside. None. Especially playing opposite another old reciever - with a little bit of history himself. My advice: unless you guys draft WR pretty hard this April, make the most of next year and don't expect too much after that. I'm sure you will - I doubt even JJ thinks of Crayton and ?????? (you gotta throw a name at us on this one, is there anything in the cupboard after Crayton?) as the future of the Cowboys recieving corps.

I wasn't trying to scare you at all so I'm terribly sorry. It was just a little smack talk from a redskins fan who dislikes the cowboys. This may seem like sacrilige but I hate the eagles more. To answer the question formally, I am not afraid of T.O. in Dallas just as I wasn't afraid of him in Philly. Is he a good player, yes, can he change games, yes. Is he a reliable, upstanding, team player? NO. He won't get the ball as much as he wants in Dallas just like in Philly and SF. He makes Dallas a better team but not near as much as Vanderjadt.

Honestly, I won't be satisfied with losing games to the Cowboys, but looking back and saying, "well - at least we shut down T.O." and really, would you?

There are a lot of reasons not to be worried about B.O. (got that from Bubba), but your particular argument leaves a lot of room for rebuttal.

And no, THEWHATEVERWHATEVER, just because he started a thread on T.O. doesn't mean he is secretly afraid of him and trying to convince himself and others that there's nothing to be afraid of. C'mon, were talking about the walking, talking hype machine that is Terrell Owens. Doing workout/interviews, posing on the star in the middle of Texas stadium, and lovin "me some me." The Taylor Jacobs analogy has no merit. Jacobs does none of that...don't know of too many football players that do.

There's no question T.O. adds value to any offense. But it has to be regarded as strictly short-term value. The number one reason: he's old and has no upside. None. Especially playing opposite another old reciever - with a little bit of history himself. My advice: unless you guys draft WR pretty hard this April, make the most of next year and don't expect too much after that. I'm sure you will - I doubt even JJ thinks of Crayton and ?????? (you gotta throw a name at us on this one, is there anything in the cupboard after Crayton?) as the future of the Cowboys recieving corps.

O.K. you've made your point just sayin' that I've read 1001 "I'm not afraid of T.O. in the least" threads on this site? Please don't kid yourself about T.O.'s age. The guy is simply a physical freak. Joey Galloway shredded defenses last year at 34/35 (Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Rod Smith, Mushin Muhammed, Keenan McCardell, Joe Jeravicious, Keyshawn Johnson, Eric Moulds, Isaac Bruce). Wouldn't you agree that some athletes are special in regards to fitness and longevitiy? Terry Glenn is also known to stay in great shape and we'll most likely draft a receiver relatively early to add depth (LET'S NOT FORGET THE DRAFT!). T.O. is at an interesting point in an athletes career where you still have the physical skills + your experience and savy are peaking. Keyshawn and Glenn actually provided a pretty decent combo at receiver for us last year. Maybe I'm foolish to think that T.O. will open things up even more this year. I know he's a headcase but I'm counting on him wanting to prove everyone wrong. You're right. After concentrating on defense in last years draft my guess is that Dallas goes O-Line and WR this year.

I wasn't trying to scare you at all so I'm terribly sorry. It was just a little smack talk from a redskins fan who dislikes the cowboys. This may seem like sacrilige but I hate the eagles more. To answer the question formally, I am not afraid of T.O. in Dallas just as I wasn't afraid of him in Philly. Is he a good player, yes, can he change games, yes. Is he a reliable, upstanding, team player? NO. He won't get the ball as much as he wants in Dallas just like in Philly and SF. He makes Dallas a better team but not near as much as Vanderjadt.

T.O. is a volatile personality and yes, you guys shut him down lately. My guess is that he makes Bledsoe, Witten, JJ, Glenn & co. better. If he can keep his act together, I just can't fathom how a guy with his talent doesn't make us better. I wouldn't necessarily use the Eagles games as a boromoter for all future contests. Dallas shut down S. Moss when we played the Jets in '03. Should be an exciting year. Can't wait till the draft.

TO does not have McNabb, the common denominator in all our losses to the Eagles has been McNabb, he has stepped up against us and his ability to scramble has given us fits, Owens has played terribly against us and Bledsoe won't be able to get the ball to him with Andre Carter in his face

I actually like that TO is in Dallas. Makes it easy for me to have the most hated player on my most hated team. Convenient.

Exactly.....and as a bonus....it is just a matter of time before TO tears that lockerroom to shreads!!!!!! Couldn't happen to a better team! :dallasuck

:wavetowel :pooh: :munchout:

First of all, TO is highly over rated. I would take a team player like Moss any day of the week.

Secondly, we have enough speed and intelligence in our secondary to ruin his day twice a year.

Finally, Parcells isn't going to be able to control him until he benches him.

TO does not have McNabb, the common denominator in all our losses to the Eagles has been McNabb, he has stepped up against us and his ability to scramble has given us fits, Owens has played terribly against us and Bledsoe won't be able to get the ball to him with Andre Carter in his face

What Bledsoe doesn't have in mobility, he makes up for in accuracy. Bledsoe under too much pressure looks like a wounded giraffe. Give him a running game and good protection and he's Dan Fouts. I've never even been a big Bledsoe fan but he gets the job done at the end of the day.

First of all, TO is highly over rated. I would take a team player like Moss any day of the week.

Secondly, we have enough speed and intelligence in our secondary to ruin his day twice a year.

Finally, Parcells isn't going to be able to control him until he benches him.

T.O.'s #'s are pretty impressive. I think it's no coincidence that McNabb had his absolute best year with T.O.

Archived