Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OG Derrick Dockery Re-signs w/ Redskins

Moody

Am I the only one who shudders every time I see a headline saying someone has "resigned"?

"Re-signed" is a lot more comforting.

can we change that from resigns to re-signs? I nearly had a heart attack....

lol-yea, what he said!

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16130

Dockery Set to Return, Signs RFA Tender

March 27, 2006

By By Gary Fitzgerald

Lloyd's tender was picked up by the Redskins in the trade with the 49ers. The Redskins would receive a first-round draft pick if another team attempts to sign Lloyd.

Actually, I think he meant to say we get a 1st round pick if another team DOES sign Lloyd. It would be real nice, though, if someone just "tried" to sign him and failed, and we got their pick. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All this means is that Dock is here for one more year before becoming an URFA. It will be interesting to see if the Skins can sign him to a long term deal before too long. Otherwise he will be gone for sure in 2007. IMO Dock is the Skins best OLineman and will probably be ALL-PRO next year.

SI Article on Doc's resigning.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/27/bc.fbn.redskins.dockery.ap/index.html

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- The Washington Redskins re-signed restricted free agent guard Derrick Dockery on Monday.

Dockery, a third-round pick in the 2003 draft, has started 45 games in three seasons for the Redskins, including all 16 regular season games and both playoff games last season.

Dockery's signing ensures the starting offensive line will return intact. Tackles Jon Jansen and Chris Samuels, guard Randy Thomas and center Casey Rabach are all under contract.

I'd buy a dockery jersey, I like Redskins jerseys in general if I think they will be with the team a while.

Yea, I still love Derrick Dockery for running his 300+ pound *** all the way across the field to get that fumble recovery chris cooley did. I mean that guy flew pass wide recievers, safeties, and linebackers like Jeremiah Trotter, Brian Dawkins, and Santana Moss Lol...

Top 5 moment of the season.

Yea, I still love Derrick Dockery for running his 300+ pound *** all the way across the field to get that fumble recovery chris cooley did. I mean that guy flew pass wide recievers, safeties, and linebackers like Jeremiah Trotter, Brian Dawkins, and Santana Moss Lol...

Top 5 moment of the season.

Yeah, he was on that ball like it was covered in BBQ sauce.

This is good news, although I had hoped that we had re-signed him to a multi-year deal. I fear we will lose him when he becomes unrestricted next year. He still is a little shaky at times on pass-blocking. Sometimes he looks like he is on ice skates. And I still get upset when I see him knocked off his feet when he tries to pull to the right. How do you knock someone that big and strong off his feet that easily? But he can be a mauler. Continuity on the OL is pricelss. Good job.

:applause:

Damn, I thought he had gotten a long term deal. I didn't realize it was just that he signed his restricted FA tender sheet.

I was hoping for the same; long term deal.

On runs, he is a mauler, ala Tre Johnson(aka: the road grader).

I loved his hustle on the Cooley fumble :applause:

He has improved immensely during his brief tenure here.

I would love to see him extended. Same goes for Lloyd. Depending on how both play this season, if they play up to their potential, we may not be able to afford them after the season. :doh: :mad:

Dockery may still be a guy that is around another year and then departs. He signed his tender and is set for 2006. I don't know that right now his performance warrants a long-term deal. He is the puppy on the line at 25 and the coaches seem to like him, so perhaps there is a plan to give him an extension before or during the next offseason. But that will require us to be willing to transition or franchise him.

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- The Washington Redskins re-signed restricted free agent guard Derrick Dockery on Monday.

Dockery, a third-round pick in the 2003 draft, has started 45 games in three seasons for the Redskins, including all 16 regular season games and both playoff games last season.

Dockery's signing ensures the starting offensive line will return intact. Tackles Jon Jansen and Chris Samuels, guard Randy Thomas and center Casey Rabach are all under contract.

The Redskins also began their voluntary offseason workout program Monday. The team announced that nearly every player reported, including safety Sean Taylor, who is scheduled to stand trial on aggravated assault charges in Miami on April 10. Taylor upset coaches when he skipped last year's offseason workouts, and it was during his absence that he was arrested for the charges he faces in two weeks.

Meanwhile, the NFL announced that the Redskins will open their 2006 regular season at home against the Minnesota Vikings in the first game of a Monday night doubleheader on Sept. 11. San Diego and Oakland will play in the second game, with both televised by ESPN.

The rest of the schedule will be announced in April.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/27/bc.fbn.redskins.dockery.ap/index.html

The Redskins also began their voluntary offseason workout program Monday. The team announced that nearly every player reported, including safety Sean Taylor, who is scheduled to stand trial on aggravated assault charges in Miami on April 10. Taylor upset coaches when he skipped last year's offseason workouts, and it was during his absence that he was arrested for the charges he faces in two weeks.

Meanwhile, the NFL announced that the Redskins will open their 2006 regular season at home against the Minnesota Vikings in the first game of a Monday night doubleheader on Sept. 11. San Diego and Oakland will play in the second game, with both televised by ESPN.

The rest of the schedule will be announced in April.

Boycott Sports Illustrated! Don't click the link!

Archived