Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What media sources CAN Redskins fan listen to?

NewCliche21

Before Extremeskins.com, I followed:

SI

ESPN

Washington Post

NFL Network

Redskins.com

Now it looks like I can't believe any of them except for the last one. All I see on this board is how much every writer sucks, who's fat, who has an ego, who hates the 'Skins. So, who CAN I read and have some McCarthyist fear of their anti-Redskin intentions?

You can find good unbiased scorces and articles here and there. The best way to find them is to just hang out here and they all get posted...along with colorful commentary. Seriously Extremeskins is the way to go, otherwise you will be suicidal after hearing all the negative reports about how bad the Skins will be this year.

All sources are biased, the question is what bias you want to hear. Remember, if I am biased against something, I'll be more likely to see the negative in things that happen to it and give more credit to negative reports. If I'm biased for it, I'll be more likely to see the positive in things that happen to it and give more credit to positive reports.

Look at many sources, consider the type of report (an opinion piece, a fact piece or a rumor piece) and the known leanings of the author, especially in opinion/rumor type pieces.

According to this board, no one!!! :doh: Unless they write about the 'Skins and every move we make in a positive light, they are fat, stupid, worthless, etc. When the truth is sometimes us as fans have a hard time seeing a different perspectives, especially negative ones. :doh: Don't everyone jump on me but there are some people that may not agree with somethings, which should be okay, but not on this board you will get crucified. :mad:

For example, there are some fans that do not agree on some FA pickups thus there will be some writers that disagree as well. So, to me hearing concerns should not be a bad thing. Instead we should see them as constructive criticism and try to see what our FO is doing to correct the problem (if there is indeed a problem). :2cents:

every media outlet has a personal vendeta against the redskins. they simply hate to see people from the dc area happy and will write negative things about their football team just to piss them off. it is obvious, because why every writer isnt kneeling at the foot of the saint coach joe gibbs is beyond me. for christ sakes, he won 3 superbowls. and a playoff game this year. wow. i mean, nobody beats that.

Don't sweat it. All the love in the world is coming our way this year. CP breaks last years record, Carlos Rogers sets new team record for INTs, Moss get 2,000, 10 redskins go to PB, Skins break Miami's undefeated season winning superbowl, coach Gibbs sainted by Vatican, Griffin sets NFL record for sacks, and Randel'el returns 10 kick off for TDs. The love will come. don't worry.:cheers:(this isn't at all biased is it?) :laugh:

Archived