Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar's Level of Fitness

jflagg215

I searched for this and found nothing. I just watched the farewell Lavar video and noticed something kind of shocking. When Lavar first came into the league he looked hungry. He was lean, quick, and flew to the ball like ST does right now. But then I went back to the more recent videos and he is just a different player. He looks out of shape, unmotivated, and a little overweight in terms of his old playing weight. I'm not saying the guy has lost a step by any means and I think he will be a good addition to whichever team he signs with. It just struck me as odd to see such a difference even with the knee injury.

They just said in the video when he catches Hutchinson that you can't run away from Lavar because he is the fastest linebacker in the league and I just haven't seen that for the past 2 years. Good luck to him but I was wondering if anyone else saw that difference? :2cents:

They just said in the video when he catches Hutchinson that you can't run away from Lavar because he is the fastest linebacker in the league and I just haven't seen that for the past 2 years. Good luck to him but I was wondering if anyone else saw that difference? :2cents:

I have noticed a big difference. Lavar isn't the same player. I loved Lavar and thought he was a big part of our organization but he did let himself go. He just wasn't the same player.

It could also be related to the ongoing knee injury problem. Knee injuries are killers because they not only keep you off the field, they keep you out of the gym. Lavar's cardio has definitely seemed to take a hit over the last few years, and I think the injury has a lot to do with it.

This year will be the test. It's two years since the injury and he's had a full, healthy off-season. If he is still not in peak form, it's because he is lazy.

i remember when lavar was on the john thompson show the day after he was released, he said he had already lost 10-15 pounds since the offseason began. the reason he carried the extra weight was because the surgery on his knee kept his out of camp and gained some extra LBs.

look for him to be jacked and cut all over again next year like he was earlier in his career.

I am of the opinion that our coaching staff and FO have lit a fire underneath Lavars ass. He is pssied, and out to prove his critics wrong. He will come to whichever camp in the best shape of his life and with a chip on his shoulder. I still think it's the mental aspect of his game that caused friction with GW and Gibbs, but I think his body will be back to rare form.

i remember when lavar was on the john thompson show the day after he was released, he said he had already lost 10-15 pounds since the offseason began. the reason he carried the extra weight was because the surgery on his knee kept his out of camp and gained some extra LBs.

look for him to be jacked and cut all over again next year like he was earlier in his career.

I didn't get something, though, when he said that. An entire season of training and games couldn't get him in shape, but he lost 10-15lbs in one month with no football at all? I have a feeling it's just another in the tale of LaVar's lies and exaggerated truths.

I am of the opinion that our coaching staff and FO have lit a fire underneath Lavars ass. He is pssied, and out to prove his critics wrong. He will come to whichever camp in the best shape of his life and with a chip on his shoulder. I still think it's the mental aspect of his game that caused friction with GW and Gibbs, but I think his body will be back to rare form.

Maybe. Damn shame it TOOK a 2-year application of the blowtorch to his arse to light that fire.

And hopefully, for LA's sake and whoever invests heavily in him at this point, they also lit a fire under his study habits and on-field discipline.

If BOTH those things happen, it'll be fun to watch him become the player we all hoped and dreamed he'd become in burgundy and gold.

:thumbsup:

I think he should be back to regular form this year...that is why I wanted to keep him...the knee injuries can take 3 years to heal.

Regardless, it is one less reason to have to deal with the Postons. :thumbsup: :jump: :deal:

i have said this a couple of time LA has problems

1)the postons are his agents

2)he listens to his agents

dump those morons get a real agent resign where you belong and get your SB ring.....wake up LaVar!!!! he wont but it would be nice if he would.

Ya, when I saw that before the injury and after pics....you just had to say Lazy dude!!! He might not have been able to do the cardio, but there is no way you get fat without stuffing your pie hole! He can also swim with a knee brace and could have done more...he was lazy. He might just come back hard as ever, but I heard he is asking for like 10 mill signing bonus and fat long term contract. Everyone whom has interviewed him has said he is too expensive. Can't see him getting 10 million!!!

Sorry, poor exuse. A knee injury doesn't stop you from doing situps.

The knee bone is not connected to the ab bone.

:2cents:

there's no point in doing situps if you have fat deposits on your stomach :doh:

situps don't burn stomach fat, cardio does

Guest santana4prez
...as long as he is in the afc

I hope he signs with the Giants so the Skins can burn him twice a season.:laugh:

the knee injuries can take 3 years to heal.

Possible but not probable. :2cents:

I had ACL reconstruction and 13 months later I was in the best shape of my life (I was running 11 weeks post op). I have no idea how much pain LA was in or how well he deals with pain. I do know that he hade access to top of the line therapy and facilities. And was getting paid (well) to do said therapy.

Again, I don't know about his pain level or tolerance but "on paper" he should have come back much faster than I did.

Lavar has hired a personal strength and fitness coach, I believe the guy coaches speed and agility as well. There is no doubt he needed to get in shape. He even said as much himself. He'll be back and someone will pay. I just hope it is not us.

Coach's perspective:

Ever NFL player gains weight when they enter the nfl.....it's very rare a player maintain or even lose weight......this is why it isn't a big deal when we pick up a "undersized" DE from the draft because he is naturally gonna eat better & more with this salary......

LaVar's workout consists of many supersets ,compound sets and one other I forgot for some reason.......sure this workout made him strong a **** but power & strength training do not directly help you lose fat. Especially if he doesn't do cardio based exercises for the purpose.

Archived