Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bigger stadium for skins?

Capt Rich Fla

Did I hear somthing about a new stadium in our future. I aint sure if it was washington or who. If we did get a new stadium could we sell out a 130,000 seat stadium. I think we could. I like to think sometimes, "How many people could we fit in a stadium" 130,000 150, or more? What do ya think?

I think that we need to MAKE FedEx the hardest place to play in the league. It is not about the building, but what goes into it that makes a Stadium great. Last year, we took a huge step closer to the ideal atmosphere, and the stadium did not change. The people inside make any stadium, shape and size, the toughest place to play. We have the fans to do it.

Did I hear somthing about a new stadium in our future. I aint sure if it was washington or who. If we did get a new stadium could we sell out a 130,000 seat stadium. I think we could. I like to think sometimes, "How many people could we fit in a stadium" 130,000 150, or more? What do ya think?

Do you work for the Washington Post? :laugh:

Fedex field is new, no way we are going to build a new one.

In the mailing that went out before the stadium opened in 1996, JKC made reference to the fact that they had a 30 year lease on the place. Leases can always be broken, but that's another factor to consider in moving to a new stadium (which IMHO, seems highly unlikely).

In the mailing that went out before the stadium opened in 1996, JKC made reference to the fact that they had a 30 year lease on the place. Leases can always be broken, but that's another factor to consider in moving to a new stadium (which IMHO, seems highly unlikely).

I think the lease issue died with JKC, no pun intended. Snyder purchased the team and the stadium. That's partially why the purchase price was so high. He immediately did the naming rights deal with Fed-Ex. I don't think he could have done a deal like that if he was under lease with some other corp. or municipality.

I went to the NASCAR race yesterday at the Bristol Motor Speedway. BMS seats over 160,000 spectators (http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/handler.cfm/article,display/art_id,461724/cat_id,41228/) and is sold out for both the spring and fall races. If they held 10 races there a year, they'd sell them all out. I don't think a football team can do that, even as much as I love the Redskins. By the way, you can carry in a 14 inch hard-side cooler (with drinks, sandwiches, peanuts, popcorn, cracker jacks, boxing gloves, concert tickets....any thing you want as long as its not in a glass bottle) and one carry-in bag that doesn't exceed the cooler size. I sat in Allison (section C) 62 rows up. These seats are sweet! $90 face value, my cooler and backpack fit under the seat, and I didn't even have to pay to park! I don't mind spending at their concession stands either. Great variety and the prices are a lot more reasonable. Someone from FedEx needs to contact Mr. Byrd at BMS.

I think the lease issue died with JKC, no pun intended. Snyder purchased the team and the stadium. That's partially why the purchase price was so high. He immediately did the naming rights deal with Fed-Ex. I don't think he could have done a deal like that if he was under lease with some other corp. or municipality.

I dont think there was ever an issue with a lease JKC Paid for the stadium with Cash and a few credit cards but he outright owned the stadium and the land thats why he changed the name to Ral-Jon Maryland

Archived