Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1978 Redskins vs Cowboys

snaz1

Does any one remember the 1978 Redskins vs Cowboys game. The Redskins won 9-5 .It was an unbelievable game, the Skins stopped Dorsett first and goal from the 1yd If I remember right. Moseley kicked 3 fgs. And I think Theismann saved a td by taking a safety. I wish I could find a copy of that game.

Go Skins:dallasuck

I was 13 years old and in attendance at that Monday Night game. Theismann didn't save a TD with the safety......the Skins were up 9-3 in the closing seconds when he took the snap on the Skins end of the field and ran back towards and out of the end zone with the ball above his head to run out the clock....

I just remember Dorsett getting stuffed several times at the goal line. At one time I used to have a photo of Dorsett laying on the ground and in the corner of the photo the final score 9-5.

Go Skins

If anyone has a copy of this game I would kill for it. It was my first ever live sporting event and at 7 years old I was hooked for life. What an awesome, awesome experience it was!!!

One of the guys I trade with tells me he found someone who has the game....but is being a real pain and is reluctant to trade.

Now the "Holy Grail" is of course the 72 NFC Championship Game. That's the game that I wish was out there, but as far as I know, does not exist.

If I understand correctly, the rights to these games belong to the televising network and the two teams that played. You think they way these owners like to make money they would offer VHS or DVDs of these old games to their fans. I'm sure the networks have quality recordings of these games in their vaults.

besides that game, i am trying to remember a game i watched, ok it was the

New York Giants playing someone, don't remember if it was the Redskins or not

but anyway, during this televised game it was snowing, and fans started

throwing snowballs onto the field, lots of them, so then Giants coach

Bill Parcells got on the microphone and told the crowd something, all i remember

was him saying " the next guy you see throw. I can't remember the rest

of what Parcells said but it had the crowd going. Does anyone remember

when this happened. and who it was the Giants were playing. i was thinking it

was the Redskins.. but i can't remember.

If I understand correctly, the rights to these games belong to the televising network and the two teams that played. You think they way these owners like to make money they would offer VHS or DVDs of these old games to their fans. I'm sure the networks have quality recordings of these games in their vaults.

You'd think so.

But from what I hear, most of the games from the 70's no longer exist. The networks didn't keep the masters. It's fans and/or engineers who kept their own personal recordings that are now the sources for these games out there in fandom.

Yeah, but its crazy! Go to ebay and search 'Redskins DVD' and you'll get tons of hits. I would think its totally illegal to copy and sell these games, but there is a very strong trade going on!! Crazy...

Yes, I remember that game well. I was in sixth grade and stayed up waaaaaay past my bedtime to watch the entire thing. President Carter attended the game, and the Redskins stopped Tony Dorsett on fourth-and-goal at the goal line to preserve the victory. And, yes, Joe Theismann ran into the end zone, holding the ball over his head on the final play. A lot of Cowboys were mad at him for doing that and swore revenge. A great moment in Redskins history!

besides that game, i am trying to remember a game i watched, ok it was the

New York Giants playing someone, don't remember if it was the Redskins or not

but anyway, during this televised game it was snowing, and fans started

throwing snowballs onto the field, lots of them, so then Giants coach

Bill Parcells got on the microphone and told the crowd something, all i remember

was him saying " the next guy you see throw. I can't remember the rest

of what Parcells said but it had the crowd going. Does anyone remember

when this happened. and who it was the Giants were playing. i was thinking it

was the Redskins.. but i can't remember.

I don't recall that one, but the one that's similar to that story that I DO recall was around 1989 or 1990 in Cinci, when fans were throwing snowballs. They stopped the game, put then-Cinci coach Sam Wyche on the microphone, and he prodded the crowd by saying, "This is not Cleveland!", which of course made the crowd go wild. :laugh:

Archived