Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Phone Number

fuji869

This is pretty cool.

Here is a numbers manipulation procedure that may make you wonder who came up with it and why that person is not running the country.

1. Grab a calculator. (you won't be able to do this one in your head)

2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code)

3. Multiply by 80

4. Add 1

5. Multiply by 250

6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number

7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.

8. Subtract 250

9. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?

Here's why this works.

Highlight if you're curious. :)

Say the first three digits of your phone number are some number x, and the last four digits of your number are some number y.

Going through the steps:

1. 80x

2. 80x+1

3. (80x+1)250= 20000x+250

4. 20000x+250+y

5. 20000x+250+2y

6. 20000x+2y

7.10000x+y=your phone number or in Tarhog's case "Hail Satan"

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

hey and tarhog, congradulations on your up coming 10,000th post!

Thanks!

I'd actually not been paying attention to that. I wish I could promise something extremely witty for that post. I think I'll just post right on through it though.

Its been one hell of a ride, thats for sure :)

Here's why this works.

Say the first three digits of your phone number are some number x, and the last four digits of your number are some number y.

Going through the steps:

1. 80x

2. 80x+1

4. 20000x+250+y

5. 20000x+250+2y

6. 20000x+2y

Do what?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Iheart,

I can't even balance my checkbook and you want me playing with your X and Y .

:laugh: :laugh:

Blondie

This is pretty cool.

Here is a numbers manipulation procedure that may make you wonder who came up with it and why that person is not running the country.

1. Grab a calculator. (you won't be able to do this one in your head)

2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code)

3. Multiply by 80

4. Add 1

5. Multiply by 250

6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number

7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.

8. Subtract 250

9. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?

7th grade algebra should allow you to figure this out.

Let me simplify ... :D

... first it multiplies the first three digits of your number by 20000; adds 250 to confuse you; then it adds the last four digits of your number twice, subtracts the 250 and then divides by two.

So all it is doing is multiplying your first three digits by 10000 so they shift to the left and then adds the last four digits. The adding of one multiplied by 250 and then subtracting it, and multiplying and dividing by two is just to confuse you.

Here's why this works.

Going through the steps:

1. 80x

2. 80x+1

4. 20000x+250+y

5. 20000x+250+2y

6. 20000x+2y

Beat me to it. :)

Here's why this works.

Going through the steps:

1. 80x

2. 80x+1

4. 20000x+250+y

5. 20000x+250+2y

6. 20000x+2y

... first it multiplies the first three digits of your number by 20000; adds 250 to confuse you; then it adds the last four digits of your number twice, subtracts the 250 and then divides by two.

So all it is doing is multiplying your first three digits by 10000 so they shift to the left and then adds the last four digits. The adding of one multiplied by 250 and then subtracting it, and multiplying and dividing by two is just to confuse you.

Okay. Great. You 2 guys get :) on the top of the papers and can go to recess a few minutes early. Thanks for playing. :silly:

:movefast:

Here's why this works.

Going through the steps:

1. 80x

2. 80x+1

4. 20000x+250+y

5. 20000x+250+2y

6. 20000x+2y

Please report to the principal's office.

She needs lessons!!

;);)

Blondie

Here's a cool card trick for those interested.

Get a deck of cards, and count out 21 of them.

Make 3 columns of 7 cards, make sure the cards overlap each other from bottom to top, so the second card in the column, is partially on top of the 1st card, and so on.

Make a pattern that looks like this (with the cards overlapping. This is important, the trick won't work if the cards don't stay in order.)

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

ask somebody to pick a card in one of the columns. Ask them to tell you which column the card is in. Not the card itself. Then you pick the cards up starting with one of the other two rows, making sure that you keep them in order. For Example, if the person stated my card is in the middle row. You would pick the cards up by picking up one of the other 2 columns first, then picking up the one in the middle (where the person's card is) then the last column. Now you place the cards back down one at a time into the original pattern again, but you have too put them down left to right. Not top to bottom. So you are gonna start the pattern like this

X X X

then

X X X

X

then

X X X

X X

and so on, till you have 3 columns of 7 cards again.

Ask the person where the card is now. Let's say they say "column 3, far right" You repeat pick the cards up in the same manner as before, (making sure they stay in order, and that "column 3, far right" is the one in the middle. Lay the cards back down in the same manner, left to right, until you get 3 columns of 7 again.

Ask the person one last time where the card is at now. They say "same column, far right." Pick the cards up again, again keeping them in order. Once you have this done. Count the cards down until you get to the 11th card. (Add some theatrics to this, by acting like you are actually thinking about which card theirs could be.) Toss the 11th card on the table. This card will ALWAYS be their card if the trick is done right. This is a pretty cool card trick. People always want to know how it works. :)

All I know is that somehow, the process eliminates the other 20 cards.

Archived