Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor majored in criminology...

FootballGuy2677

yea well his dad was a cop.

Really? I didnt know that. Just wondering if you have a bad enough record, can they make it so you cant become a cop? Even if it is spitting in peoples faces on the field or getting cought drunk driving or being accused of pulling a gun on sombody....

I also majored in criminology.

I WAS a cop. All my life I wanted to be a cop. Until I got to BE a cop. Then I didn't want to be a cop.

Sean wanted to be a cop. Until he got to be a killer NFL player. Then he didn't want to be a cop.

:laugh:

;);)

Blondie

If you want to be a cop, you usually don't go to college for it. Criminology is known as an easy degree and very, very common among athletes. I had a friend who hadn't studied it at all but didn't like his major and just wanted a degree so he switched to criminology and had his degree in a year and a half. I'll bet a rather large % of NFL players who have a degree have the v ery same one.

If you want to be a cop, you usually don't go to college for it. Criminology is known as an easy degree and very, very common among athletes. I had a friend who hadn't studied it at all but didn't like his major and just wanted a degree so he switched to criminology and had his degree in a year and a half. I'll bet a rather large % of NFL players who have a degree have the v ery same one.

very true, most of them, especially the bigger names who come out earlier, tend to major in the easier degrees like criminology, sociology, apparel in the case of Marcus Vick :doh:. Nothing against people who are those majors, but they always choose the easier ones.

Now it seems true that linemen will take the more challenging business courses, I tend to notice many of them are business related majors. Their higher wonderlic helps show this I believe.

SINCE I HAVE that degree, I will disagree with you. I HAD to ge the degree AND attend an academy to become a cop. JUST because your friend did it does NOT mean it is an easy degree.

Might not want to generalize an entire major on your knowledge of one of your friends. And you might want to check into majors of the NFL players before you make the statement that a large % of the players have this degree.

Blondie

very true, most of them, especially the bigger names who come out earlier, tend to major in the easier degrees like criminology, sociology, apparel in the case of Marcus Vick :doh:. Nothing against people who are those majors, but they always choose the easier ones.

Now it seems true that linemen will take the more challenging business courses, I tend to notice many of them are business related majors. Their higher wonderlic helps show this I believe.

Oh geez.

Whatever.

Blondie

Lets not forget the fact that Taylor went to Miami where he likely could have majored in astrophysics and still done well because he is on the football team.

Seriously guys, I remember when I was at UMD College Park, I had a philosophy class with Byron Mouton. He would attend class once every other week or so, when he arrived he would bring a 10 person onterage(sp?) with him, he would arrive late, stay for 15 minutes, then take off. This behavior appears to be the norm and not the exception when it comes to big sport student athletes.

Taylor probably picked Criminal Justice as his major so that he didn't have to look further down the catalog. I'm just surprised he did settle at accounting.

I also majored in criminology.

I WAS a cop. All my life I wanted to be a cop. Until I got to BE a cop. Then I didn't want to be a cop.

Sean wanted to be a cop. Until he got to be a killer NFL player. Then he didn't want to be a cop.

:laugh:

;);)

Blondie

You, ummm, you still have some, uh, cuffs lying around? :halo:

Hey, what's with the dissing of criminology? Some people are simply interested in the subjects involved. It's actually a sensible pre-law major if you throw in an English minor. Anyway, Alpha males love all that crime stuff.

I would have thought athletes would be more likely to major in "media communications" (to better handle a microphone) or "sports management" (to better pick an agent).

Kind suprising so many MD residents are calling it an easy major.

UMD-College Park is known to be the top school for Criminal Justice degree. The FBI recruits from College Park.

I'm not saying that the FBI is full of the smartest people out there, but to call criminal justice one of the easiest degree's(or the EASIEST) is a long shot.

Especially, because I don't recall Joe Gibbs having some extremely "hard" degree.

Taylor had a 10 on his Wonderlic; I doubt highly that he even knows what major he was registered under. 10 means he may or may not have been able to read the catalog to make his decision. LA the seemingly "dumb" all pro LB had a 17. He was able to learn 4 different defensive schemes in 4 years. I guess these tests don’t always translate into football smarts. Even so it seems like the majority of front office guys and coaches alike see merit in the Wonderlic test. Discussing ST College major is like debating his GPA; it really has no meaning what so ever, that is unless you are tying to determine why he displays such stupid and self destructive behavior on a semi regular basis. Then perhaps some insight may be gained from such discussion.

Good 1st post huh? Lol

Skins fan since 1982, PSU fan since birth.

"F*@% you, doughboy, I can read! See this shoe? It says Adidas!"

Let's open up a can of kick ass and kill 'em all, let the paramedics sort 'em out.

Whatchu think n@#$$a...you gonna be on the supreme court?

Alvin Mack

Archived