Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite ESPN Personality

CaseyJones7

Options to include all writers from the Mag and Espn.com along with the guys on their 30 channels. Honestly I probably spend 5x as much time on the site then I do watching their programing since the advent of fantasy sports. So who's you favorite, Dickie V, Sports Guy, Boomer? Me: I'm a bit of a baseball fan so i'll take

1. Buster Olney - my fav blogger

2. Gammons - does it all with unbelievable insight. would be #1 were he not such a Sox apologist

3. tie. The Sports Guy/Mort

I love the depth of football knowledge, capology, and closet Redskin fandom of your friend and mine, Len Pasquareli. :silly:

Honestly, I miss the hell out of Olbermann and Patrick together. Those guys were the very best.

I liked Chris Myers when he was there.

He is a good guy in person as well.

And I've always liked Chris Berman, although he doesn't seem too popular on ES for some reason.

They must get rid of:

Stuart Scott (who exactly likes this clown? Anyone?)

Tom Jackson. (biggest hater of all time. Makes Pastabelly blush)

Dick Vitale (uber-annoying)

Guys that seem to think they're bigger than whatever they're talking about bother me. That's why I don't care much for Berman.

Kenny Mayne has a similar style (kind of) to Keith Olbermann. Their humor is so deadpan that you can almost miss it...if you're drunk enough.

Guys that seem to think they're bigger than whatever they're talking about bother me. That's why I don't care much for Berman.

I think he just plays the part. He hosts a hi-light show... so he has to create excitement. Nobody does it better imho. But a fair point, guess it is personal preference.

I've heard him call baseball games live... he seems to do a very good job, and is very different from his Primetime persona. Very understated and informative. Of course, I'm not much of a baseball fan so some might disagree.

I liked Chris Myers when he was there.

He is a good guy in person as well.

And I've always liked Chris Berman, although he doesn't seem too popular on ES for some reason.

They must get rid of:

Stuart Scott (who exactly likes this clown? Anyone?)

Tom Jackson. (biggest hater of all time. Makes Pastabelly blush)

Dick Vitale (uber-annoying)

Chris Berman is the man! I am not sure why ES does not like him that much. His highlights are amusing.

Ol' Glass eye.. I mean Stuart Scott is quite annoying, "Hugs & Hand Pounds" has to be the must retarded saying ever. I would rather listen to "Seacrest out" for about 6 hours.

Dick Vitale is the worst! I can not stand his voice and after about 5 minutes if I hear the word "Baby" again I will have to just drink myself to sleep. :laugh:

Best- (as in, "Best information to give that you can't get from other places"

1) Peter Gammons

2) Buster Olney (also author of one HELLUVA book- "The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty")

3) Ron Jaworksi

4) John Clayton

5) Mark Stein

Worst:

1) John Kruk (and he's FROM WV, how bad must he be for a fellow WV-er to be badmouthing him)

2) Skip Bayless

3) Woody Paige (yes, that's cold pizza at 2 and 3- gotta love it)

4) Sean Salisbury

5) Open Mike- Irvin and Ditka- possibly the two dumbest people ever to get consistent air time on a major network- Edward R. Murrow is rolling over in his grave.

Chris Berman is the man! I am not sure why ES does not like him that much. His highlights are amusing.

Because he is an annoying bumbling idiot who has an obvious hatred of the Redskins. I despise Berman and all his stupid voices.

Whoa, serious Vitale bashing here. I know some people don't like his "baybeeeeeee," but I love Vitale more than any other ESPN personality because he exudes a true love for the game every time he's on TV. I met him a couple months ago, he showed up to a game 2 hours early just to go into the student section and talk with all of them. I can't dislike a man like that.

Whoa, serious Vitale bashing here. I know some people don't like his "baybeeeeeee," but I love Vitale more than any other ESPN personality because he exudes a true love for the game every time he's on TV. I met him a couple months ago, he showed up to a game 2 hours early just to go into the student section and talk with all of them. I can't dislike a man like that.

well, if you would have been in morgantown for the wvu-uconn game in '98, you might think differently. he gets there early like you said. he spends some of the time in a game of one on one with a 5 year old in front of 10,000+ fans. cool, right? the kid will remember this forever. too bad dickie v swatted that kid like 3 times into the stands, totally dogs the kid and shows off about it. jackass.

i like scott van pelt. the previous poster was dead on about olbermann and patrick together. classic. kenny mayne is good too. i'm drawing a blank on the guy that left to do the late late show.....help?

I agree with you. I've always liked his recaps on Sundays between the 4:00 and 8:30 games.

Vitale

Bayless

Irvin

T. Jackson

Pastabelly

They all need to take a swim in the ocean with cement shoes.

Yeah, Van Pelt has to be on my list. Not so much for the Maryland connection but for his spot on Screamin A Smith impression.

The Sports Guy gets on here because when he's not writing 10,000 word columns on the Red Sox or Patriots he's so versatile and funny.

Chuck Klosterman from Page 2 also has to be on here. His blog at the Super Bowl was classic and his columns usually put me in a pensive mood.

I enjoy Brian Kenny as well since my TV usually stays glued on ESPNews and he does a great job of giving the fans perspective on Friday Night Fights.

Archived